Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 45 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I am looking to create a battle spot doubles and triples team. I am thinking of something like this:

Togekiss-calm @ Safety Goggles-Air Slash, Follow Me, Tailwind, Protect (support)
or Aromatisse or Sylveon for support?

Aegislash-quiet @ Lum Berry-wide guard, shadow ball, flash cannon, king's shield (special defensive)

Mega Salamence-adamant @ Salamencite-Dragon Dance, Return, Earthquake, Protect (special offensive)

Serperior-timid nature @ life orb-HP fire, Leaf storm, dragon pulse, glare / protect (special offensive)

Tentacruel-bold nature @ black sludge –rapid spin, acid spray, knock off, scald (Physical defensive)
or
Azumarill-adamant nature @ Sitrus Berry - play rough, aqua jet, super powers / waterfall, protect (physical attacker)
or
Special wall suicune (quiet nature)?

Zorouark-modest nature @ life orb-knock off, grass knot, sucker punch, flame thrower (mixed attacker)

I was trying to make a team based around Serperior and Zoruark. I wanted to get a good team before I invested into breeding the ones I need and putting EVs into the Pokemon I already have.

Noteable threats-fire bug and ice types. I'd need to watch out for volcarona. I know I am 3x weak to ice, but i'm wondering if I should be that concerned? If I should, then I can use a solid fairy type over Togekiss.
I know you know that there is a Battle Spot forum because you've been posting there, I would recommend posting in the triples thread there if you want help (this is the Wi-Fi simple questions thread, teambuilding help is not simple). I myself am not experienced in triples but I do know that Follow Me Togekiss doesn't synergise with Salamence at all. They both share ice and rock weaknesses which Togekiss will not be able to redirect for more than one turn, and with the omnipresence of Talonflame I think that Serperior will struggle to do too much. I figured the order that you've written your team isn't the order you'll have them in because Zoroark should not be the last 'mon in your list otherwise you're wasting Illusion. Speaking of Zoro, I think it will be way too frail to pull off in triples, and when people see him in team preview they know what to expect. Your individual team members look ok (which they should since you've ripped them straight from the strategy dex), but as a team they don't mesh so well.

You also don't need to tell us that they are 'specially defensive' or whatever, but if you are then make sure they're right. Aegi should be specially offensive and Salamence should be physically offensive. Just lurk the triples forums a bit more to get an idea of how it works. Also remember that you can play on Pokemon Showdown (which I've linked you to already) which has triples ladders. This will let you fine tune your team before breeding it

Someone with access to Sableye Friend Safari willing to snag me a Prankster female? Preferably in a Luxury Ball. Gonna give the Battle for Hoenn competition a shot, the pickings are kinda slim.

Also, what would the ideal EV spread be for Bold Claydol, Brave Rhyperior, and Quiet Camerupt be at level 50? I have standard 252/252/4 spreads on all of them right now, and I know that can cause points to go to waste.
If you want to talk about Battle of Hoenn I have a thread for it. I'm assuming you're running Trick Room judging by your Pokemon, 252 HP / 252 [offensive stat] (Def in Claydol's case) is fine from those three (none lose a point). Camerupt appreciates a little attack investment to beef up its Earthquake, but if you're not running it then don't bother

Is there any value in a Special Attacking Rayquaza? My game just gave me one with 10-11 Att, but 30-31 everywhere else. >_<

OK. Time to reset it seems. Oh well.

Last edited:
Is there any value in a Special Attacking Rayquaza? My game just gave me one with 10-11 Att, but 30-31 everywhere else. >_<
I'd say toss unless you want to go pure special attack. I'm assuming your nature is Naive/Hasty? If you have a powersave backup maybe you can keep and pokebank it then restore your save to try again.

I can pokebank you one. Do you need any other fossil? I'm interested on both aerodactyl and cranidos.
No, don't really need any other fossil. Is your Lileep in a special Poké Ball?

If you're just looking for the HA I can breed you one later tonight if no one else has helped you. Though it won't have a good nature and idk about IVs...but it should have Recover. I'm interested in getting a Cranidos, female if possible. Lmk
I don't care about the nature or the IVs at all. I do care about the HA and I might care about the Poké Ball it's in, since Shinyshuppet1 also offered me one.

I don't care about the nature or the IVs at all. I do care about the HA and I might care about the Poké Ball it's in, since Shinyshuppet1 also offered me one.
I RNG bred one with good ivs and it's on a pokeball, the mother is on a dream ball and it;s on any ivs. Which one you'd like? and what you want for the other fossil? since I want both, I don't care about their IVS, just want them DW female on the cool ball.

Mine will most likely be in a regular ball, so it seems Shinyshuppet1 will likely be better for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)