Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I've restarted my Y save and set my Vivillon Pattern to Savanna, which brings my available butterflies to Modern and Savanna. After I beat Y again, I'll probably be restarting my AS game as well. Is there any special Vivillon form I should aim for if I do (that's available to NA 3DSs)?

Just pointing out, but if you want the hidden ability, I believe I need to be online at the same time as you at least once for those to appear.
Yeah I think that's the case. I'm not in any rush to get them right now since I'm working on other pokes first, so I can just wait for us to be online at the same time whenever it happens.

Yeah I think that's the case. I'm not in any rush to get them right now since I'm working on other pokes first, so I can just wait for us to be online at the same time whenever it happens.
Related to this, I'm curious. I know my Safari because I previously beat the game, but I restarted my Y file, and am stuck at Yveltal because I'm trying to SR it. I'm currently using my AS complete save at the moment. Would that also count towards his XY Friend Safari, or do I need to beat Y again?

And, while I'm at it, anyone kind enough to let me know where I can get Buckert's SR mons? Haven't had much luck so far on my own. ^^;

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I recently got a phone with android and was wondering if there are any good apps to calculate ivs with, hopefully as accurate as metalkid's since I can't seem to make it work right on my phone unless someone knows how to fix that.

Could someone direct me to a guide on how to use Sableye to check Rayquaza during capture?
Rayquaza works a bit different than the rest, since it uses ExtremeSpeed. You'll have a 25% chance Rayquaza uses ExtremeSpeed as first move, which makes it impossible to check HP with Staraptor. But fear not! Here is the solution!
When aiming for +Speed nature:
Sableye @ Air Balloon
Level: 100
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Prankster
IV: 31 Hp | 31 Spe
EV: 44 Hp | 88 Spe
Stats at 100: 252 Hp | 173 Spe
Moves: Pain Split
Smeargle
Nature: Sassy
IV: 31 | 31 | 31 | xx | 31 | 00
EV: 252 Hp | 96 Atk | 160 Spe
Stats at 100: 314 | 100 | 106 | xx | 138 | 175
Moves: Spore | Swords Dance | False Swipe | Recover
How to capture Rayquaza:
Fainted sync in front. Sableye at second spot. When you enter the battle, you can check the Spe IV right away. If Sableye's Air Balloon message goes first, reset. If Rayquaza's Air Lock Ability goes first, 31IV in Spe and +Spe nature confirmed. When you've confirmed the Spe stat, we can check the HP. If this lvl 70 Rayquaza has 31IV in HP, it will have 248 HP. Use Pain Split. Sableye has 252 HP, so the average HP is (248 + 252 = 500, 500/2=250) 250. If you have LESS than 250 HP after Pain Split, reset. If you have 250 HP after Pain Split, confirmed 31IV in HP. Now switch to Smeargle and keep using Spore to get it down to 1HP.

copied from buckert's guide.Adjust sableye ev if you want neutral speed natures

I recently got a phone with android and was wondering if there are any good apps to calculate ivs with, hopefully as accurate as metalkid's since I can't seem to make it work right on my phone unless someone knows how to fix that.
I've tried most of the IV calcs that I could find for android, but tbh your best bet is still to use metalkid's in your browser. I use it all the time on the go and unless you have no reception or your phone's internet browser sucks (unlikely if you have Chrome), it's fun and easy to use.

Rayquaza works a bit different than the rest, since it uses ExtremeSpeed. You'll have a 25% chance Rayquaza uses ExtremeSpeed as first move, which makes it impossible to check HP with Staraptor. But fear not! Here is the solution!
When aiming for +Speed nature:
Sableye @ Air Balloon
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Prankster
IV: 31 Hp | 31 Spe
EV: 44 Hp | 88 Spe
Stats at 100: 252 Hp | 173 Spe
Moves: Pain Split
Smeargle
Nature: Sassy
IV: 31 | 31 | 31 | xx | 31 | 00
EV: 252 Hp | 96 Atk | 160 Spe
Stats at 100: 314 | 100 | 106 | xx | 138 | 175
Moves: Spore | Swords Dance | False Swipe | Recover
How to capture Rayquaza:
Fainted sync in front. Sableye at second spot. When you enter the battle, you can check the Spe IV right away. If Sableye's Air Balloon message goes first, reset. If Rayquaza's Air Lock Ability goes first, 31IV in Spe and +Spe nature confirmed. When you've confirmed the Spe stat, we can check the HP. If this lvl 70 Rayquaza has 31IV in HP, it will have 248 HP. Use Pain Split. Sableye has 252 HP, so the average HP is (248 + 252 = 500, 500/2=250) 250. If you have LESS than 250 HP after Pain Split, reset. If you have 250 HP after Pain Split, confirmed 31IV in HP. Now switch to Smeargle and keep using Spore to get it down to 1HP.

copied from buckert's guide.Adjust sableye ev if you want neutral speed natures
Do you know of anyone with ready versions of either of these two? I'm just waiting to get the necessary catchers together before I head for Sky Pillar.

EDIT: Alternate question. Is it illegal to catch a legitimate Pokemon with an injected/cheated catch slave? Like, say I catch my XY Mewtwo using an Imprison/Recover/False Swipe/Spore Sableye. Is the Mewtwo still considered legal to trade?

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've tried most of the IV calcs that I could find for android, but tbh your best bet is still to use metalkid's in your browser. I use it all the time on the go and unless you have no reception or your phone's internet browser sucks (unlikely if you have Chrome), it's fun and easy to use.
I have no problem loading the page on chrome but after clicking on "calculate" it goes into an endless loop and doesn't load the results.

so I have question about synchs. If I have two knocked out synch users in my party would the wild pokemon still have a 50 50 chance of being the nature I want?

so I have question about synchs. If I have two knocked out synch users in my party would the wild pokemon still have a 50 50 chance of being the nature I want?
As far as I understand, the only synch that applies is the one in the lead, and yes, it'd still have the 50/50 chance.

Synch only works if it's the first pokemon in your party so one would have to think that the answer is yes. and why would you even want to have another fainted syncher in your party? waste of a slot that could be used for the pokemon you're trying to catch.

I'm not sure if this is the place I should be asking it, but how does one make a word in your signature that links to threads (and what not)? It's been years that I've used something like that and everything online tells me to use <.a href="url"></a> but that doesn't work (AT ALL). I'm at a loss here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)