Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't think you can get a Tyrunt with its HA (legally anyway). Since it's a fossil pokemon, you can't really use the Friend Safari or Dexnav; so distribution is the only way. As of right now, I don't think there's been one.
This isn't entirely true.
The PGL Event Tyrunt comes with the Hidden Ability Sturdy.
Afaik you can pass down the Hidden Ability to other Tyrunts via breeding mechanism.
Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Last edited:
I have not played in a while, but would like to start my X (or y which ever I can find) and do an egglocke.

I am looking for a nice person to donate some eggs (I need 6), and ideas on who I can use for my team.

Requests: I would like to have an eevee, which I would make either a flareon or an espeon, and a poliwag. other than those two I am open to ideas.

IV's dont matter at all, better natures would be ideal but I don't mind as I am asking for donations and won't have anything to trade in return.
Not sure where to ask this so I thought I would ask here...
I can Give you a clone from my Evee.
No Nickname
Level 1
Shiny:Yes
Nature: Calm
With HA
Moves: Wish/Jawn/StoredPower/Curse

I don't think you can get a Tyrunt with its HA (legally anyway). Since it's a fossil pokemon, you can't really use the Friend Safari or Dexnav; so distribution is the only way. As of right now, I don't think there's been one.
Tyrunt and Amaura have had their Hidden Abilities released thanks to being distributed last year as entry prizes for the Battle of Hoenn and Enter the Dragon Type competitions. The serial codes themselves obviously can no longer be redeemed, but both fossils can be bred and potentially pass their ability down to their offspring. (if female or breeding with Ditto)

Hi,
I recently got into competitive and bred my first BSS team after about a month of building and testing with the help of this awesome community.
Maybe a bit too late, I noticed Kanto Classic competition coming up, which I then decided would be a very good first competition experience for me with the bonus of only having to build a team from a very small pool of pokemon, even limited by the lack of items.
I came this far with the Kanto Classic team with help from Omastar68, so thank you for that! :)

The team: http://pastebin.com/KHAPqH9g

Now there's only a day or two left until the registration and I don't have the resources St my disposal in-game to do fast breeding and EV training.
Since this is my first competition and I participate for the experience, I think I will be alright with flawless IVs in Spe only on Butterfree, Venomoth and Starmie as in this team only they depend on max speed to go first. Obivously I need the egg moves like Butterfree's Dream Eater.

So please help me out getting this team. I've heard about breeding projects but I don't know how to go about those!
I will obviously need the team in time to register and not miss it. As for Zapdos, there is a cloning thread for competitive legendaries if I remember right? I don't really need a flawless one so any could do. Maybe I can quickly find and catch Zapdos on my AS cart.

Hi,
I recently got into competitive and bred my first BSS team after about a month of building and testing with the help of this awesome community.
Maybe a bit too late, I noticed Kanto Classic competition coming up, which I then decided would be a very good first competition experience for me with the bonus of only having to build a team from a very small pool of pokemon, even limited by the lack of items.
I came this far with the Kanto Classic team with help from Omastar68, so thank you for that! :)

The team: http://pastebin.com/KHAPqH9g

Now there's only a day or two left until the registration and I don't have the resources St my disposal in-game to do fast breeding and EV training.
Since this is my first competition and I participate for the experience, I think I will be alright with flawless IVs in Spe only on Butterfree, Venomoth and Starmie as in this team only they depend on max speed to go first. Obivously I need the egg moves like Butterfree's Dream Eater.

So please help me out getting this team. I've heard about breeding projects but I don't know how to go about those!
I will obviously need the team in time to register and not miss it. As for Zapdos, there is a cloning thread for competitive legendaries if I remember right? I don't really need a flawless one so any could do. Maybe I can quickly find and catch Zapdos on my AS cart.
Please don't go in with a half baked team.

Register as normal. You don't need to lock the box until you start.

Then get a flawless Ditto and breed. If you do it quickly then you can breed a team in a day or less.

Assume that everyone will use perfect Pokémon. If you don't then you lose.

Please don't go in with a half baked team.

Register as normal. You don't need to lock the box until you start.

Then get a flawless Ditto and breed. If you do it quickly then you can breed a team in a day or less.

Assume that everyone will use perfect Pokémon. If you don't then you lose.
The team will be practically useless after this competition though?
I would need to farm up a lot battle points to do the training myself in time. Don't have PokeRus. I had it but it disappeared after first battle training my first team. As a beginner, what can I expect to get, other than that Drsgonite for participation, if I invest full effort into my team?

How does the registration work then, don't you have to have your entire team by 25th?

My day of breeding is equivalent to about an hour every other day, though. It took me a couple weeks to breed and train my BSS team after all the planning and building. So I don't think it means a day for me, yet. :( (I have a flawless Timid and a flawless Jolly Ditto.)

The team will be practically useless after this competition though?
I would need to farm up a lot battle points to do the training myself in time. Don't have PokeRus. I had it but it disappeared after first battle training my first team. As a beginner, what can I expect to get, other than that Drsgonite for participation, if I invest full effort into my team?

How does the registration work then, don't you have to have your entire team by 25th?

My day of breeding is equivalent to about an hour every other day, though. It took me a couple weeks to breed and train my BSS team after all the planning and building. So I don't think it means a day for me, yet. :( (I have a flawless Timid and a flawless Jolly Ditto.)
I assume you have Destiny Knot etc.

Then I'm sure you can ask for spitbacks to get you on your way. Breeding is easy and you could get the team well before the competition starts.

Depending on what game you breed in, you can catch stuff in the wild.

I assume you have Destiny Knot etc.

Then I'm sure you can ask for spitbacks to get you on your way. Breeding is easy and you could get the team well before the competition starts.

Depending on what game you breed in, you can catch stuff in the wild.
Yes I have the DK and Everstone. Only have 3 power items for EV training, though.
Is this the place to ask for such spitbacks?

#####

So does anyone here have spitbacks for this team, please?
http://pastebin.com/KHAPqH9g

Still LF a Bold 31/X/31/31/31/31 Articuno for Kanto Classic. I'd much prefer pentagon, but since I mostly just want it for KC an RNG is fine-just make sure Atk IV is 0 then cuz you get to pick it. I don't want any move tutor moves(I mean I won't complain if it has them, but I'll just be getting rid of them so don't bother.) The best thing I have to offer is a Calm 31/0/31/30/31/31 Regice, level 99 with EVs already(252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpA,) but I also have plenty of breedables so CMT for those if you're interested.

2Radon I can help you with at least a few of those spit backs you're LF. I can get you everything on your team, including the Zapdos since Luxpluff91 was really nice and RNGed me one and let me have red is rights(I didn't ask, but could you not trade it? People generally don't like people trading they're stuff all over the place.) You'll have to do some breeding of your own, but I can at least get you halfway there I think.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Still LF a Bold 31/X/31/31/31/31 Articuno for Kanto Classic. I'd much prefer pentagon, but since I mostly just want it for KC an RNG is fine-just make sure Atk IV is 0 then cuz you get to pick it. I don't want any move tutor moves(I mean I won't complain if it has them, but I'll just be getting rid of them so don't bother.) The best thing I have to offer is a Calm 31/0/31/30/31/31 Regice, level 99 with EVs already(252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpA,) but I also have plenty of breedables so CMT for those if you're interested.

2Radon I can help you with at least a few of those spit backs you're LF. I can get you everything on your team, including the Zapdos since Luxpluff91 was really nice and RNGed me one and let me have red is rights(I didn't ask, but could you not trade it? People generally don't like people trading they're stuff all over the place.) You'll have to do some breeding of your own, but I can at least get you halfway there I think.
What kind of EV spread and moves do you want to use for it? I might RNG abuse one for you if you like. It will be caught in a Moon Ball and I will tutor it Defog.

What kind of EV spread and moves do you want to use for it? I might RNG abuse one for you if you like. It will be caught in a Moon Ball and I will tutor it Defog.
252 HP/ 172 Def/ 84 SpD, moves are Rest/ Sleep Talk/ Sheer Cold/ Roar. That'd be great if you could RNG me one. I don't care about the ball, moon is fine. Do I have anything you'd want in return.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
252 HP/ 172 Def/ 84 SpD, moves are Rest/ Sleep Talk/ Sheer Cold/ Roar. That'd be great if you could RNG me one. I don't care about the ball, moon is fine. Do I have anything you'd want in return.
Nope! It'll be free. :) Hatching an egg now, after that I'll grab my HG.

That would be great. :) Which pokemon of my team can you get for me?

By the way, is there a thread of some sort explaining why this community is so unbelievably nice?

That would be great. :) Which pokemon of my team can you get for me?

By the way, is there a thread of some sort explaining why this community is so unbelievably nice?
I guess I wasn't super clear cause I contradicted myself. I can get you spitbacks of all your stuff, and give you a non-redid Zapdos to your specifications. You'll still have to breed some stuff, and I may not have a Venonat, but it'll help some.

No, idk too. And I'm not really one of those people-I want something in return lol. Just let me know the best stuff you've got. If you have nothing then just breed me an extra of the Butterfree and everything. Are there any EM you need you can't breed yourself? I may be able to do them myself, or give you a parent to pass it.

As someone who was surprised about this over 2 years ago as well when I joined, I think I can answer.

After you trade for a while (and get a lot of pokes) you start to run out of things to want and do.

To keep yourself busy you just do stuff for free and do giveaways.

Plus it helps grow the community.

On a side note, before coming to place, I had heard smogon had a reputation of elitists pricks of their way or the highway. In actuality once I had been here awhile I discovered that mods here are actually competent and hacking/scum trading/multi-accouters/those of bad influence are quickly dealt with. Also I learned smogon has a vast array of supported metagames that cater to alot of play-styles. A lot of naysers are either banned/black-listed folks or just see a few youtube vids and make an assumption of this place. When I compare this place to the likes of neoseeker or *shutter* gamefaqs its night and day. Only place that comes close is serbii (I like thier founder, very active on neo gaf, which I lurk religiously).

Last edited:
As someone who was surprised about this over 2 years ago as well when I joined, I think I can answer.

After you trade for a while (and get a lot of pokes) you start to run out of things to want and do.

To keep yourself busy you just do stuff for free and do giveaways.

Plus it helps grow the community.

On a side note, before coming to place, I had heard smogon had a reputation of elitists pricks of their way or the highway. In actuality once I had been here awhile I discovered that mods here are actually competent and hacking/scum trading/multi-accouters/those of bad influence are quickly dealt with. Also I learned smogon has a vast array of supported metagames that cater to alot of play-styles. A lot of naysers are either banned/black-listed folks or just see a few youtube vids and make an assumption of this place. When I compare this place to the likes of neoseeker or *shutter* gamefaqs its night and day. Only place that comes close is serbii (I like thier founder, very active on neo gaf, which I lurk religiously).
What you say is true in both ways. WiFi almost operates on its own, so while still being part of smogon and regulated by it, the mods/community have made it a nice place where you can trust 98% of the users/pokemon.

The underlined part is also true but it's referred to the competitive aspect and how certain decisions are made (Suspect tests). So, OU and UU for example. Ubers have always been nice (been a part of it until XY) but OU is probably not smogon's best example of individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)