Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Not sure if this is the 100% best place to put this, so feel free to redirect me if this is better suited in a different thread.

If I was to purchase a virtual console release of Red, Blue, or Yellow, which would grant me access to more desirable version exclusives with Gen I exclusive movesets when transferred to a Gen VII game (VGC and Smogon metas)? I realize that the meta of Gen VII could change this answer, but I'd like to know which is most probable to have better exclusives.
I'd go with Yellow. Unless you really want Electabuzz, in which case go with Red. Yellow is just better overall in my opinion, you get all 3 starters in one run, and the Mew glitch is far far easier on Yellow than it is on Red / Blue. So the main thing for me is how important you think Electabuzz is. I don't think it learns anything interesting. As for stuff like Fissure Machamp, you can get it on every game :P

I'd go with Yellow. Unless you really want Electabuzz, in which case go with Red. Yellow is just better overall in my opinion, you get all 3 starters in one run, and the Mew glitch is far far easier on Yellow than it is on Red / Blue. So the main thing for me is how important you think Electabuzz is. I don't think it learns anything interesting. As for stuff like Fissure Machamp, you can get it on every game :P
Teleport Electivire new meta

After looking at Electabuzz's Gen I only moves, the only thing I saw was a gimmicky Reflect. I think I will go with Yellow, thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
The thing about the Mew glitch is that you can get literally any Pokémon so version exclusives are moot.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if this is the 100% best place to put this, so feel free to redirect me if this is better suited in a different thread.

If I was to purchase a virtual console release of Red, Blue, or Yellow, which would grant me access to more desirable version exclusives with Gen I exclusive movesets when transferred to a Gen VII game (VGC and Smogon metas)? I realize that the meta of Gen VII could change this answer, but I'd like to know which is most probable to have better exclusives.
And going on from what Unknown Warrior has said, you can actually set up the Mew Glitch in the fastest time in Blue, as Abra only costs 120 coins in Celadon City. Oh, and if you're into other fun glitches then Blue has more safe Missingno.'s that won't freeze your game when you encounter them when compared to Yellow.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
And going on from what Unknown Warrior has said, you can actually set up the Mew Glitch in the fastest time in Blue, as Abra only costs 120 coins in Celadon City. Oh, and if you're into other fun glitches then Blue has more safe Missingno.'s that won't freeze your game when you encounter them when compared to Yellow.
But you can just catch a wild Abra before you even get the second gym badge.. In fact you can perform the entire Mew glitch at that point. The Swimmer in Misty's Gym with a Shellder has the right value to make Mew appear.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
But you can just catch a wild Abra before you even get the second gym badge.. In fact you can perform the entire Mew glitch at that point. The Swimmer in Misty's Gym with a Shellder has the right value to make Mew appear.
but you can just Brockskip straight into Saffron, and then go to Celadon and teleport back to Saffron using the Abra you get from the game corner, and then set up a Trainerfly on the route South of Saffron. Anyway, there's a time and a place to be discussing RBY glitches, and it certainly isn't the WiFi SQSR thread lol.

Not just Mew, I got a Gengar by doing the Mew glitch just after hitting Cerulean by fighting wild Ekans in Red and that carried me through Red since every trainer literally only uses two types of moves, one always being normal. While Night Shade still hits normals in RBY.
I mean, Lance has nothing for Gengar. Aside from Hydro Pump Gyarados and Dragon Rage (lol 40HP) you literally have nothing to fear. He carries almost nothing but normal type moves (only in RB, more diversity in Yellow).

Not just Mew, I got a Gengar by doing the Mew glitch just after hitting Cerulean by fighting wild Ekans in Red and that carried me through Red since every trainer literally only uses two types of moves, one always being normal. While Night Shade still hits normals in RBY.
I mean, Lance has nothing for Gengar. Aside from Hydro Pump Gyarados and Dragon Rage (lol 40HP) you literally have nothing to fear. He carries almost nothing but normal type moves (only in RB, more diversity in Yellow).
You can actually get Gengar at Viridian Forest already, but it involves a lot of luck. You have to faint or take out Blue's Bulbasaur, then go back to Viridian Forest after having deathwarped from the Bug Catcher at the end of the Forest.

Hi, I have an NA Mew code from the February Gamestop distribution, would you be willing to trade for a Zapdos code?
I'm not really interested in the mew code. Do you have something else to offer? If not I'll be willing to give you the zapdos code for a couple of breeding projects. Let me know if you're interested :)

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
what balls for 4 different smeargle named baka red,yellow, black and blue?
I'd suggest this (personal preference in order from left to right):

Black:

Yellow:

Blue:

Red:

Note: Cherish ball can't be passed down through breeding, so you'd have to get the WORLD13 smeargle, and TID abuse to be able to nickname it.

Looking for the following Events:

- Genesect shiny
- Xerneas shiny (Modest/Timid)
- Yveltal shiny (Rash)
- Mewtwo HA shiny (Timid)
- Rayquaza + V-Create

I could offer you:

Events I SRd myself:

Hoopa (Harry; Timid 30/xx/30/31/31/31)
Hoopa (Harry; Timid 30/06/26/31/31/31 HP Ice)
Hoopa (Harry; Hasty 27/31/31/31/30/31)
Mew (GF; Timid 31/xx/31/31/31/31)
Mew (GF; Modest 31/xx/30/31/31/31)
Mew (GF; Jolly 28/31/31/xx/31/31)
Celebi (GF; Bold 31/xx/31/31/31/31)
Celebi (GF; Imipish 31/31/31/xx/31/31)
Jirachi (GF; Jolly 30/31/31/xx/31/31)
Jirachi (GF; Calm 31/28/31/31/31/31)
Jirachi (GF; Timid 31/xx/31/31/31/30)
Darkrai (GF; Timid 31/31/28/31/31/31)
Zapdos (Aldora; Timid 31/23/31/31/31/30 HP Ice)
Zapdos (Aldora; Timid 30/xx/31/31/31/31)
Articuno (Aldora; Impish 31/31/30/00/31/31 - impish lol)

Only Articuno, Zapdos, Darkrai, Mew would come with a WondercartProof, because everyone could obtain the others via Wifi-distributions.

Events that I received in trades with others:

Dialga (데세르시티; Modest 26/00/29/31/31/31 -> HA Pentagon Event from Korea, has engl. Name)
Keldeo (WIN2013; Timid 31/01/31/30/31/31 HP Electric)
Victini (Nicki; Timid 31/xx/30/31/31/31 HP Ice)
Manaphy (Zodim; Timid 31/31/31/31/31/31 -> Shiny Manaphy RNG from PkmnRanger)
Manaphy (TINA; Modest 31/31/31/31/31/31 -> Shiny Manaphy RNG from PkmnRanger)
Shaymin (BRAINS; Timid 31/xx/31/30/31/30 HP Fire)
Articuno (Aldora; Bold 31/ xx/ 31/ 29/ 31/ 31)

I also have a bunch of other cool, monsters like shiny Thundrus for example...
Not entirely sure wether I'm allowed to mention this here (pls tell me if not), but mons I received in trades with others were prooven legit via external hardwarechecks.

Best greetings to everyone reading this! :-)

Last edited:

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Tiny nitpick, but I think you got your IV spreads mixed up.
Hoopa (Harry; Timid 30/xx/30/31/31/31)
Hoopa (Harry; Timid 30/05/27/31/31/31 HP Ice)
30/05/27/31/31/31 is not an HP Ice set, that's HP Dragon. 30/x/30/31/31/31 could be an HP Ice set, if the attack IV is odd.

Tiny nitpick, but I think you got your IV spreads mixed up.

30/05/27/31/31/31 is not an HP Ice set, that's HP Dragon. 30/x/30/31/31/31 could be an HP Ice set, if the attack IV is odd.
Oh this might be a mistake by me using the Calc incorrectly then! o_o
Let me check it when finished with my BBQ & correct it if necessary, it seems so.
Thanks for your fine eyes!

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
I'm really torn on this one. Keep or toss?

Calm Static Zapdos 31/29/29/29/31/31 HP Dark. Those 29s are looking really iffy to me but it is mostly usable. What do you guys think?

I'm really torn on this one. Keep or toss?

Calm Static Zapdos 31/29/29/29/31/31 HP Dark. Those 29s are looking really iffy to me but it is mostly usable. What do you guys think?
personal keep, is a ehhh. trading here? im sorry, but toss unless you're into keeping imperfect crap, which will eventually cause OCD for yourself :/

I vote toss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)