Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who should I make next for Team Rocket? I have an Arbok named Jesse, a Weezing named James, and I have a shiny Victreebel from gen V named James as well (I never expected to have a competitive Weezing). Also want to know who I should do if I make an entire team. My thoughts so far:

Meowth (nickname: That's Right (?))
Lickitung (need nickname if used)
Wobbuffet (need nickname, maybe his hilarious intro and exclaiming his name negates the need for a nickname; perhaps add an exclamation mark at the end of his name?)
Growlithe (nickname: Growlie (?) )

EDIT:

Magikarp? Name him after the salesman that James chased for a few seasons?
Trying to go for the more original/iconic members. Meowth and Wobbuffet are a must I think.
I also wanted to ask this again, and also ask if anyone has a Black Sludge that I could have.

Sorry, don't have a Horsea set in a Apricorn ball, but I do have a Fem Modest Quick Ball Horsea + 4 EM's spitback, if you want it.
That would be So helpful! =D What could I do for you in return mister? Also, are you free to trade now or later today? =]

I have one in a Dive Ball. Not competitively viable though so it's not the most useful breeding parent outside of the cool ball.

Also, does anyone have a female Whishmur in a Quick Ball with Scrappy? I have an Exploud with Scrappy but he's just in a Pokeball. IVs/Nature don't matter, I just need one for breeding.
Thanks Bossk, I think I'm sorted with the Horsea! ^_^ I have a Whismur in a premier ball if that's of any interest?

I have a quick question about breeding shinies in ORAS! I know you have to find someone whose shiny value will make the egg shiny, but wouldn't that still be fairly unlikely? Do you pretty much have to breed, say, 10 eggs with flawless IVs and just hope one of them will match up with someone's SID? It seems like the only way but it also seems so complicated, any clarification would be great :)

I have a quick question about breeding shinies in ORAS! I know you have to find someone whose shiny value will make the egg shiny, but wouldn't that still be fairly unlikely? Do you pretty much have to breed, say, 10 eggs with flawless IVs and just hope one of them will match up with someone's SID? It seems like the only way but it also seems so complicated, any clarification would be great :)
That's basically how it's done..once you have a flawless parent breeding more is pretty simple

Few questions:

• When using the TMBM, there's the gendered spread and the monogender spread. But genderless Pokémon, do they follow the monogender spread or do they have a third spread?
  • Does anyone know anyone with TSV [2920]?
  • Can you compensate 30 Speed IV at lv. 50?

Does anyone know anyone with TSV [2920]?
That hatcher hasn't answered the last few posts in the TSV thread on reddit, but is still active there. You might be able to convince them to do it for you if you contact them directly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/comments/42ygzk/2920/
Can you compensate 30 Speed IV at lv. 50?
You can never reach the same max Speed as a mon with a 31, so you will always be outsped in a mirror match against a mon with a flawless IV. The only reason to ever use a flawed Speed IV if your mon wants to be as fast as possible, is if you really need Hidden Power Fire coverage. 99% of the time flawed Speed is a serious dealbreaker for anything that invests in Speed though.

1 point of HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack or Special Defense will very rarely decide a game or significantly influence the outcome of a battle.
1 point of Speed can easily decide a game though.

Last edited:
Few questions:

• When using the TMBM, there's the gendered spread and the monogender spread. But genderless Pokémon, do they follow the monogender spread or do they have a third spread?
  • Does anyone know anyone with TSV [2920]?
  • Can you compensate 30 Speed IV at lv. 50?
There are 2 spreads only(for this example) . The genderless follow monogender.

If a pokemon invests in speed, no. It will always be slower with a 30 speed than 31 unless it doesn't invest at all, in which case it will always be the same at lvl 50. and if it only invests some; then yes you can always move more evs unto it

That hatcher hasn't answered the last few posts in the TSV thread on reddit, but is still active there. You might be able to convince them to do it for you if you contact them directly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/comments/42ygzk/2920/

You can never reach the same max Speed as a mon with a 31, so you will always be outsped in a mirror match against a mon with a flawless IV. The only reason to ever use a flawed Speed IV if your mon wants to be as fast as possible, is if you really need Hidden Power Fire coverage. 99% of the time flawed Speed is a serious dealbreaker for anything that invests in Speed though.

1 point of HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack or Special Defense will very rarely decide a game or significantly influence the outcome of a battle.
1 point of Speed can easily decide a game though.
It's precisely for HP Fire, but the speed drop worries me. Don't you need 254 EVs/30Spe to equate a 252/31IV at lv.50?

It's precisely for HP Fire, but the speed drop worries me. Don't you need 254 EVs/30Spe to equate a 252/31IV at lv.50?
Investing more than 252 in a stat does absolutely nothing (at any level).

Also, EVs have to be divisible by four to be efficient. If they aren't, then you are wasting EVs.

EDIT: Actually at level 50, investing 252 Speed EVs would also be a waste if your mon has a 30 in Speed. The maximum would be 248, beyond that it's pointless.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Tbh I just lock in a shiny value and have 1 person hatch all my eggs :p but the reddit tsv list is pretty extensive so I'd be surprised if you didn't have a match in a single batch of eggs (5ish)
I've heard of this before, but how do you "lock in a shiny value" so that 1 person can hatch all your eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)