Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 49 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LF a Dream Ball Shellos or Gastrodon. IVs and such don't matter since I just need the Ball. Also looking for Fossils and Gen 2-6 starters in fitting/dream balls. I would give you either Breedjects or something like Leftovers or a gold bottle cap. Just ask and I will se what I can do
Bump

Anyone has a Munchlax/Snorlax with Self-Destruct in Gen 6? Any IVs/nature are fine. I just need the move.
I can trade tons of breedjects or do a breeding project for it. PM/VM me.
Bump.

Also looking for an HA Elgyem in a Friend ball and an Heavy ball Chespin in gen 7.

Edit: Anyone has a copy of Blueforce's Celebrate Victini? I missed the giveaway.

KeyRun , i can breed you a Dream ball Shellos and i may be able to help with some of the starters (no Dream ball for those though). PM me.

Last edited:
Sorry, thanks for the correction, but icy wind can only 2HKO most of the meta 4x weak to it.
update on the last request,
31/30/30/31/31/31 shiny Gastly would be perfect.
Preface: This post is not intended to mini-mod.

Fire is a better option because it doesn't leave you helpless against some of your biggest threats, namely Scizor and Ferrothorn. Either can beat Gengar easily because of Pursuit and Gyro Ball respectively. As with most things Pokemon, prediction is key because if Scizor bullet punches, Gengar is pretty much toast. Landorus-T (debatably the biggest target of HP Ice), commonly run assault vest or choice scarf which means you don't win the match up anyway.

You're unlikley to get what you want without offering something in return (especially a shiny), so checking out the giveaways regularly would be a good place to start if you feel you dont have much to offer.

Preface: This post is not intended to mini-mod.

Fire is a better option because it doesn't leave you helpless against some of your biggest threats, namely Scizor and Ferrothorn. Either can beat Gengar easily because of Pursuit and Gyro Ball respectively. As with most things Pokemon, the prediction is key because if Scizor bullet punches, Gengar is pretty much toast. Landorus-T (debatably the biggest target of HP Ice), commonly run assault vest or choice scarf which means you don't win the matchup anyway.

You're unlikely to get what you want without offering something in return (especially a shiny), so checking out the giveaways regularly would be a good place to start if you feel you don't have much to offer.
Okay, Dokey, Thanks everyone for your help. The only issue with HP fire is it means Gastly has to have imperfect SpA IV's AND imperfect speed IV's, which means you can't outspeed other Gengars.

so either 31/30/31/30/31/310 (HP fire preferable) 31/30/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice) shiny Gastly
(thank you, great people, again for so the help narrowing my request)
P.S. take into account the Gengar is for VGC, probably should've mentioned that!

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay, Dokey, Thanks everyone for your help. The only issue with HP fire is it means Gastly has to have imperfect SpA IV's AND imperfect speed IV's, which means you can't outspeed other Gengars.

so either 31/30/31/30/31/310 (HP fire preferable) 31/30/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice) shiny Gastly
P.S. take into account the Gengar is for VGC, probably should've mentioned that!
It could actually speed tie with other Gengars if you HT the Speed. If you could wait like a day and a half I could breed one for you :)

Last edited:

Christian mentioned hyper training so that takes care of the imperfect speed IV issue.

In VGC especially, Grass types are rife to pair with Kyogre and to have an answer for it beyond Tapu Koko. To reiterate my point, HP Fire will do more to the main threats (Kartana, Ferrothorn) and you have Sludge Bomb to fall back on to smack Ludicolo with.

Venusaur is seeing some use, but it wont have Thick fat because megas are banned. Thus, Fire again offers you an option against it.

Quick Edit: I think it was Nelson Tangela who said Ice in general feels a bit redundant in the 2019 rules. Outside of Groudon (who you should have a grass-type for at the very least), Yveltal (you will lose anyway) and Drifblim (you have superior Ghost-type STAB and speed) HP Ice doesnt hit any of the top used pokemon any harder than better coverage moves or HP Fire.

Last edited:
Christian mentioned hyper training so that takes care of the imperfect speed IV issue.

In VGC especially, Grass types are rife to pair with Kyogre and to have an answer for it beyond Tapu Koko. To reiterate my point, HP Fire will do more to the main threats (Kartana, Ferrothorn) and you have Sludge Bomb to fall back on to smack Ludicolo with.

Venusaur is seeing some use, but it wont have Thick fat because megas are banned. Thus, Fire again offers you an option against it.

Quick Edit: I think it was Nelson Tangela who said Ice in general feels a bit redundant in the 2019 rules. Outside of Groudon (who you should have a grass-type for at the very least), Yveltal (you will lose anyway) and Drifblim (you have superior Ghost-type STAB and speed) HP Ice doesnt hit any of the top used pokemon any harder than better coverage moves or HP Fire.
Are perish song trappers still viable?

Ball for shiny kantonian Exeggutor? Also any thoughts about going a bit mixed?(I know it's less than a gimmick, but can it work? 95 is not that bad)

Last edited:
Ball for shiny kantonian Exeggutor? Also any thoughts about going a bit mixed(I know it's less than a gimmick, but can it work? 95 is not that bad)?
What would you even run on it?
I've just looked up the physical moves in Exeggutor's movepool and the only ones that stood out were Explosion, Low Kick and Stomping Tantrum.
Explosion hasn't been good in generations and you could always just use Psyshock to hit the Special Walls that you'd blow up on.
Low Kick and Stomping Tantrum would have to justify their inclusion over a Hidden Power of the same type or the utility of Sleep Powder.
HP Ground hits Heatran harder than Stomping Tantrum for example...

0 SpA Exeggutor Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 204-240 (63.1 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Exeggutor Stomping Tantrum vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 200-236 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If you ran Wood Hammer or Seed Bomb you'd leave 'mixed' territory and probably should just think about running a complete Swords Dance memeset.
Zen Headbutt is completely outclassed by Psyshock besides the Flinch chance.

I don't see the point. Psyshock is all the 'physical' damage output you should consider imo.

Last edited:
What would you even run on it?
I've just looked up the physical moves in Exeggutor's movepool and the only ones that stood out were Explosion, Low Kick and Stomping Tantrum.
Explosion hasn't been good in generations and you could always just use Psyshock to hit the Special Walls that you'd blow up on.
Low Kick and Stomping Tantrum would have to justify their inclusion over a Hidden Power of the same type or the utility of Sleep Powder.
HP Ground hits Heatran harder than Stomping Tantrum for example...

0 SpA Exeggutor Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 204-240 (63.1 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Exeggutor Stomping Tantrum vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 200-236 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If you ran Wood Hammer or Seed Bomb you'd leave 'mixed' territory and probably should just think about running a complete Swords Dance memeset.
Zen Headbutt is completely outclassed by Psyshock besides the Flinch chance.

I don't see the point. Psyshock is all the 'physical' damage output you should consider imo.
I saw an old analysis from gen 5, I know it's outdated, but I was curious if something like that can be pulled off today. Thank you for detailed answer, exeggutor is such a cool pokemon, shame it has fallen so low. Can you think of any exeggutor set usable in doubles?

I saw an old analysis from gen 5, I know it's outdated, but I was curious if something like that can be pulled off today. Thank you for detailed answer, exeggutor is such a cool pokemon, shame it has fallen so low. Can you think of any exeggutor set usable in doubles?
You might be able to pair Harvest Exe with Torkoal for a Sunny Trick Room team-up. Something like Leaf Storm + Psyshock + Sleep Powder + TR with Sitrus berry

Exeggutor is the Chlorophyll Sweeper with the highest Special Attack stat and the only one with STAB Psychic-type attacks, so there is definitely a niche for it in doubles. It's Speed is very lackluster though, even when doubled in the sun, so it is often outclassed by other Chlorophyll Pokémon that reach higher Speed tiers.

It also learns Trick Room and Gravity, two potentially useful support moves.
As far as Trick Room setters go there are better and bulkier ones for the job like Cresselia or Mimikyu and Exeggutor is very outclassed in that role.
Gravity is a very niche choice no matter what Pokémon runs it. Though Gravity Chlorophyll Exeggutor might be a fun partner for a Groudon in any format that allows that doubles combo. It would also give Exeggutor accurate Sleep Powders...
Damn, if it just was a little bit faster...

It's barely fast enough to outspeed the Mega Gengar/Tapu Koko Speed tier in the sun without having to run a Speed-boosting nature, but that is pretty much the bare minimum and many Scarfed Pokémon are completely out of its reach which is a huge minus.

Last edited:
Are perish song trappers still viable?
Bear in mind that Shadow Tag is limited to Gothitelle and Wobbuffet because Mega Gengar is banned, the viability of Perish Song suffers a lot because your opponent can just switch out. Also consider that the only S-Tier Pokemon at the time of writing happens to be a Dark-Type, means that neither Gothitelle/Wobbuffet or Gengar (base) are going to have a particularly pleasant time in this meta.

The only Pokemon with a viability ranking higher than D that could learn Perish Song in the 2018 rules were (Mega) Gengar, Politoed, Marowak-A, Azumarill and Primarina. One is banned and the others are outclassed for the most part now that certain Ubers are available, Kyogre in particular.

The 2019 meta is still in relative infancy because only one regional tournament has been played at the time of writing. 29 Pokemon appeared in this regional, and not one of them was Gengar.

tl;dr: No. Not really. Early indications suggest you will struggle with using Gengar altogether at least until Megas are legal in the Ultra series, which starts in April 2019.

Edit: The 1630 Usage stats for the Sun series 2019 rules shows 4 users of Perish Song (Marowak-A, Politoed, Lapras and Primarina). Only one of those is in the top 100 for usage (Marowak-A), and Perish song was one of its moves in 7% of the battles it was used in - its sixth most popular move.

Last edited:
I am looking for someone who can help me transfer a few items from my Sun to Ultra Moon.
Since this gen is gonna be active for more than a year i might as well transfer now to the game where more people are playing.
I can probably give you one of the shinies I have but I don't have much else to offer.

LF a spare HA dream ball croagunk. IVs / nature doesn't matter. I'm willing to trade a shiny feebas that I bred (all 31 IVs except ATK). Nickname will be given upon request. :D

Last edited:
It could actually speed tie with other Gengars if you HT the Speed. If you could wait like a day and a half I could breed one for you :)
That would be absolutely fantastic.
By the way, about that 31/30/31/30/31/310 (HP fire preferable) 31/30/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice) shiny Gastly,
My FC is 2853 1052 1728, sorry for not giving it to you before.

Also, does anyone have a spare ice stone? I know you can get it on poke Pelago, but it's giving me a damn pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)