Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Shaymin Sky

Watch me, rewind our clocks, back to the start!
is a Community Contributor
Is ZamaC test after Mag and Spectrier? Asking for a friend

also, does anyone have any replays of high level HO beating stall? I would like to learn
I am not a council member or have any information on things regarding the first question so take this with a grain of salt but it is possible that a Zamazenta test would be coming after those two get tested(as well as urshifu likely), ONLY if the meta seems to stabilize and no new very good threats come about.

As for your second question here is a replay of me using ho on ladder vs allistair a high level stall player, https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1228675865

I am not a council member or have any information on things regarding the first question so take this with a grain of salt but it is possible that a Zamazenta test would be coming after those two get tested(as well as urshifu likely), ONLY if the meta seems to stabilize and no new very good threats come about.

As for your second question here is a replay of me using ho on ladder vs allistair a high level stall player, https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1228675865
dude that replay was gnarly. How do you feel about goltres?

fish anemometer

I ❤️HOLE
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending PU Circuit Champion
Are suspect tests really necessary? Is filtering out the players who can farm low-mid ladder without losing gxe to hax really the optimal criteria on who gets a vote?

It seems to me like anyone who wants a community contributor badge can take a ben gay team and autopilot the ladder until reqs...

Personally, I think the survey we did with Kyub/Zyg was a great idea to see what the community as a whole thinks right next to what the top % of ladder players think and what the councilmembers think. I'm pretty sure if we did it for Mosa it would end in the same result as the suspect test. Saves people the time (besides the poor souls going through all the survey answers, but even then it can't be that much more time consuming than a suspect test right?).

in old ubers ogre would run blizzard for soul dew latis, the thinking being the power is worth the trade off. Is there any reason to run it on kyurem (who probably has the most room for it of anything in OU)

Shaymin Sky

Watch me, rewind our clocks, back to the start!
is a Community Contributor
in old ubers ogre would run blizzard for soul dew latis, the thinking being the power is worth the trade off. Is there any reason to run it on kyurem (who probably has the most room for it of anything in OU)
I mean Latias is not much of a threat or much of a factor at all being that it is in UU, aside from Latias the tradeoff of accuracy for power is not worth it at all as most things kyurem can 2 hit ko with a specs/scarf ice beam/freeze dry anyways rather than trying to ohko with a hard to land move. Even then there is never really a time where you are trying to check Latias with kyurem since a lot of Latias run scarf(for fast healing wish) and that could just out scarf your scarf Kyurem. If you aren't running scarf on your Kyurem then blizzard would be pointless since you get outsped, overall no never run blizzard over ice beam.

EDIT: I think I misread your statement I thought you meant blizzard for latias, but if you meant just in general the same thing I said above applies the power is not worth it or even remotely useful for how inconsistent blizzard is. Ice beam always.

Last edited:

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Is there still any viable offensive water type that is half decent in ou that isn't that Baracuda guy? I'm talking about a pure offensive water. Not something like turning Slowbro from bulky to offensive. I'm really missing my Greninja

Katy

Banned deucer.
Is there still any viable offensive water type that is half decent in ou that isn't that Baracuda guy? I'm talking about a pure offensive water. Not something like turning Slowbro from bulky to offensive. I'm really missing my Greninja
on rain teams especially there are plenty of viable water-pokemon:

:kingdra: is really great with flip turn to keep up momentum and a modest choice specs-boosted dual stab in hydro pump and draco meteor, and its great move in hurricane, which is able to dent through bulky grass-pokemon
:urshifu: (rapid-strike) is alsoa great offensive water with either a choice band-set or bulk up with surging strikes, aqua jet, close combat and other options like zen headbutt or iron head / poison jab to be able to past through toxapex or fairies such as clefable or tapu fini
:seismitoad: is also a great offensive water, which profits from swift swim and therefore speed, having good special moves such as scald / hydro pump, focus blast to hit ferrothorn and earth power as a strong ground-stab
:pelipper: allthough it sounds odd, but could be used with a modest choice-specs-boosted pokemon in the rain with hurricane as stab and scald, weatherball, and u-turn to grap some momentum

other offensive options, while being less common are: :azumarill: and :crawdaunt:

Last edited:
Where can I hide knock off on something that baits in Blissey?
From what I would think, Blissey would want to switch into special attackers, so running random knock on special attackers seems the way to go. Some assortments are listed:
:ss/tapu-fini:
Amazngly, Tapu Fini can learn Knock Off. If one were to make their opponent believe that it was a more offensive Fini, it could be possible to bait Blissey to knock it.
:ss/blacephalon:
Primairly a special attacker, Blacephalon also packs a respectable 127 attack and learns Knock Off. Unfortunately running LO instead of Specs (someone correct me if blace prefers LO over Specs/Scarf) may give such a set away to the opponent, so it would have to be used carefully.
:ss/alakazam::ss/gengar:
Alakazam and Gengar are less viable special attackers due to certain metagame trends, but since they have absoutely zero business to run Knock Off, they can work as Blissey bait.

These were a few off the top of my head. I'll leave room for more people to answer.

Aegislash does not see much usage right now, but the same sets that worked in DLC1 OU work in DLC2 OU. Choice Specs, 3 attacks, and SubToxic all being of note.
Hello, thank you for the reply. While those sets are reasonably self-explanatory, would you be able to provide specific move listings for those sets? I am not an Aegislash player and need a little direction on where to start. I'm guessing:

3 attacks: SD, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, CC?
Specs: Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball, ?

Light Sanctity

The Usurper
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
3 attacks: SD, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, CC?

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

Aegislash @ Spell Tag
Adamant nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw

Aegislash @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Steel Beam
- Sacred Sword

I think these all of them now! :blobwizard:

Last edited:
Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

Aegislash @ Spell Tag
Adamant nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw

Aegislash @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Steel Beam
- Sacred Sword

I think these all of them now! :blobwizard:
Thanks a ton!

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
If I wanted a lead for a team composed of Nidoking, Phero, Kyurem, and Urshifu-SS, would LandoT work well? I know its a good SR setter, and a defogger, but is it a good thing to lead with on an offense team?

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
If I wanted a lead for a team composed of Nidoking, Phero, Kyurem, and Urshifu-SS, would LandoT work well? I know its a good SR setter, and a defogger, but is it a good thing to lead with on an offense team?
For pure offense teams, then using Lando-T is definitely helpful and great for your team since it adds a lot, being a ground immune, volt blocker and provides momentum with Explosion once it does set up rocks for you. However in case you want to use something other than Lando-T, Mew and Excadrill are also good leads.

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
Sash Lead LandoT works, helps give you a ground immunity as well
For pure offense teams, then using Lando-T is definitely helpful and great for your team since it adds a lot, being a ground immune, volt blocker and provides momentum with Explosion once it does set up rocks for you
Thanks. Does U-Turn Rillaboom work well as a pivot, while providing useful terrain? I just realized I have little in terms of recovery besides roost of all things on Kyurem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)