Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Can confirm if you get burnt with a mon that is not a fire type and then you decide to tera fire, you will continue to burn regardless of changing to tera fire.
Thanks for the confirmation, since those two were the only instances I could think of but also DAMN if those aren't relevant things to burn with Moltres or the like (and I assume similar results with Thunder Wave on Electric stuff, much rarer though that scenario is)

Thanks for the confirmation, since those two were the only instances I could think of but also DAMN if those aren't relevant things to burn with Moltres or the like (and I assume similar results with Thunder Wave on Electric stuff, much rarer though that scenario is)
Getting a Clodsire to Toxic itself can most likely cause an automatic win, so it's something to shoot for.

Is it a decent idea to build around only one type of screen, either Reflect or Light? Not Aurora Viel, either one or the other? I figured it'll save serious set up turns, and I don't wanna make use of Aboma just for Viel. And it should be good for Bulk Up mons like Great Tusk.

What are some viable or reliable ways to stop setup users, like Zamazenta, Sneasler, Kingambit, or Walking Wake, after they already set up?

If I am planning on building around Azumarill in OU, what are the main things I need to look out for? I know that it's reliant on not taking hazard chip damage, so I was thinking of pairing it with Cinderace and Great Tusk. Afterwards, I kind of blank on what to use. Teams that I've assembled still seem to have an issue against fatter Pokemon, so I'm just starting back at assuming that I'm running with an Azumarill + Cinderace core.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
If I am planning on building around Azumarill in OU, what are the main things I need to look out for? I know that it's reliant on not taking hazard chip damage, so I was thinking of pairing it with Cinderace and Great Tusk. Afterwards, I kind of blank on what to use. Teams that I've assembled still seem to have an issue against fatter Pokemon, so I'm just starting back at assuming that I'm running with an Azumarill + Cinderace core.
Depends on the Azu set

If you're running a Choice Band or a Belly drum set, try to pair it with pivoters or paralizys spam, so that azu has a great chance at haxing out opponents with her damage

if you're running AV, it means that you have a decent bulky check to walking wake, so a mon that would like to see wake away would be nice

you also need something that can absorb status, so azu won't be burned or poison

Depends on the Azu set

If you're running a Choice Band or a Belly drum set, try to pair it with pivoters or paralizys spam, so that azu has a great chance at haxing out opponents with her damage

if you're running AV, it means that you have a decent bulky check to walking wake, so a mon that would like to see wake away would be nice

you also need something that can absorb status, so azu won't be burned or poison
I was planning on running AV Azumaril, so I definitely will look into Pokemon that get dunked on my Wake

Why doesn't Iron Moth run Air Balloon more often?
Booster energy allows it to outspeed some valuable threats such as +1 Walking Wake and outspeed some other valuable mons such as scarfed Enam.

It also usually runs tera grass to resist ground.

Because of that booster energy has more of an imidiate and long term impact that air balloon.

I'm considering building a team with a Baxcalibur-Iron Valiant core. What mons support these two the best? I know Glowking synergizes well with Bax as snow gives it a nice defense boost, but what other mons should I put?

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
I'm considering building a team with a Baxcalibur-Iron Valiant core. What mons support these two the best? I know Glowking synergizes well with Bax as snow gives it a nice defense boost, but what other mons should I put?
I think that spikes support is great, bax really loves spikes support and valiant can use it to nab some kos as well, ting lu/samurott H + gholdengo is a pretty tried and true combo

depending on the sets, you might want something that can deal with tusk, moltres and glowking, common defensive mons that can go up against your core

you could also go with a different round and maximize hazard removal so that your own valiant and bax can get in and set up easier, bulky ace is a good mon because it also checks gambit

A question of my own based on the Zoroark question I try to answer further down. If Zoroark disguises itself as a team member that has Terastalized, does Zoroark imitate the Hat when it switches in? EX: I Tera-Fighting my Gholdengo, does Zoroark-H as a Normal/Ghost type still show up as Gholdengo-Fighting, or does it disguise as a non-Tera'd Ghost/Steel Gholdengo?

What means HO?

And has someone tips for a team building around hisui zoroark? Thanks!
HO = Hyper Offense. Short description is a team that goes all out on attacking with fast and brutal damage alongside Hazards to overpower the opponent moreso than meticulously breaking their cores via types match-up.

As for Hisuian Zoroark, its main deal is Illusion and its decent STAB coverage. It's made of Glass so ideally you want Pivots to get it in like U-Turn users or Galarian Slowking's Chilly Reception. It also appreciates teammates that wear out things so it can clean up with neutral hits via Shadow Ball, and that draw attacks it resists/immunes well and Vice versa (examples include Dark types like Samurott-H to bait Fighting Attacks to Zoroark or Normal/Dark attacks into Samurott thinking it's Zoroark in disguise). One common play was having Zoroark disguise itself as another Ghost like Gholdengo or Dragapult since it wouldn't give itself away with Shadow Ball Spam while punishing opposing Ghost type moves trying to Revenge Kill.

A question of my own based on the Zoroark question I try to answer further down. If Zoroark disguises itself as a team member that has Terastalized, does Zoroark imitate the Hat when it switches in? EX: I Tera-Fighting my Gholdengo, does Zoroark-H as a Normal/Ghost type still show up as Gholdengo-Fighting, or does it disguise as a non-Tera'd Ghost/Steel Gholdengo?

HO = Hyper Offense. Short description is a team that goes all out on attacking with fast and brutal damage alongside Hazards to overpower the opponent moreso than meticulously breaking their cores via types match-up.

As for Hisuian Zoroark, its main deal is Illusion and its decent STAB coverage. It's made of Glass so ideally you want Pivots to get it in like U-Turn users or Galarian Slowking's Chilly Reception. It also appreciates teammates that wear out things so it can clean up with neutral hits via Shadow Ball, and that draw attacks it resists/immunes well and Vice versa (examples include Dark types like Samurott-H to bait Fighting Attacks to Zoroark or Normal/Dark attacks into Samurott thinking it's Zoroark in disguise). One common play was having Zoroark disguise itself as another Ghost like Gholdengo or Dragapult since it wouldn't give itself away with Shadow Ball Spam while punishing opposing Ghost type moves trying to Revenge Kill.
Thanks! And is the choice specs or nasty plot set generally more viable?
I suppose the nasty plot set might be too slow, or also problematic because it reveals the illusion before attacking, right?

I think that spikes support is great, bax really loves spikes support and valiant can use it to nab some kos as well, ting lu/samurott H + gholdengo is a pretty tried and true combo

depending on the sets, you might want something that can deal with tusk, moltres and glowking, common defensive mons that can go up against your core

you could also go with a different round and maximize hazard removal so that your own valiant and bax can get in and set up easier, bulky ace is a good mon because it also checks gambit
sorry for the lateness but what cinderace set should I run? I know bulky ace runs 252 HP but should I go more into def or spdef or ignore it and invest in spe

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
sorry for the lateness but what cinderace set should I run? I know bulky ace runs 252 HP but should I go more into def or spdef or ignore it and invest in spe
Bulky ace runs max HP max speed jolly, take 32 Evs of HP and put them in defense go with pyro ball, uturn, court change and wow. Tera can be fire for strong pyro ball, tera flying for avoiding ground moves or ghost for denying spin from tusk

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
So for Cinderace specifically, you'd usually run 252 speed with a Jolly nature.

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Court Change
- Will-O-Wisp

This is the standard Bulky Cinderace Set, Max speed is mainly to speed tie with other Cinderace's, as well as Roaring Moon, while the closest speed benchmark is Iron Valiant. 32 Atk EV's ensures an OHKO on non bulky Gholdengo.

A thing to note as well is Bulky Cinderace typically does not run Libero, this is usually to avoid getting burned, especially when U-Turning into Moltres. Getting the Stab Bonus on these moves doesn't particularly matter either

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
What type of Dragonite is being used Post HOME? EVs?
I’ve been using this a lot:

Dragonite (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Roost

we do see fire punch or encore (or even ice spinner) used over roost or even EQ on rarer occasion, sometimes opting for max speed on more offensively geared variants. On teams with Hatt, you even see cloak here and there

I’ve been using this a lot:

Dragonite (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Roost

we do see fire punch or encore (or even ice spinner) used over roost or even EQ on rarer occasion, sometimes opting for max speed on more offensively geared variants. On teams with Hatt, you even see cloak here and there
Thanks! Any reason for these specific HP and Speed stats? I've seen slight variants for those specifically

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)