Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Tailwind

A fun mon i wanted to use in ou. Ribombee can get webs up an support, when it comes across mons faster than it, or spinners/defoggers, i opt to use tailwind to try in breakthrough the team, since i cannot get webs up. A lot of people forget about the ability shield dust, so it can become an anti fake out lead for medicham and m-lop. However for M-lop its like a 89% to ohko with moonblast after a mega, and versus better players your better of tailwinding, because they wont mega turn-1.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick
the non-setup power house of the team. Hoopa u is here to break through defensive cores that pinsir and volc otherwise get walled by. jolly band hoopa-u is capable of ohkoing-2hko anything in the teir that does resist it. its main defensive counter are clef and bulu, only if they come in on hyperspace fury. this mon is much like a glass cannon, only capable of tanking 1-2 special hits and next to no physical hits. This mon is only able to come in on a double, or prediction via immunity. this is my main wall breaker for stall, with rocks up it comes and forces clef, and with repeated doubles can force stall to be worn down. Trick is also there to cripple defensive mons, or obtain a scarf to potentially threaten fast mons.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
The rocker of the team, i dont always use excadrill to get rocks up, but sometimes as a failsafe vs certain mons that could have setup. i also debate between swords dance and rapid spin, however sd has proven usefull as it threatens defensive mon that try to come in such as tangrowth, lando, toxapex, tornadus. excadrill can also be used to lure scarf lando into using eq, allowing pinsir to get a free sd off.

Kyurem-Black @ Electrium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Earth Power

Kyurem black is the second non setup wall breaker, ment to either force doubles and predict them, or chip away at defensive mons. kyurem black can break through celesteela, tornadus,toxapex, mega venasuar, chansey(if it comes in on rocks) magerna, and other threats to the team. It can ohko magerna with electric terrain up, ohkos lele without terrain, can can do ~50-60% to both mega sableye and chansey. this also lures heatran and magnezone by bluffing scarf. I also thought of replacing this mon with my favorite lure gren set, z-dig - gunk- low kick- ice beam max attack naive.(naive so it can live scarf protean u-turn). Edit: hard waller by ferro

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 196 HP / 204 Def / 42 SpA / 66 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Roost
Volc is the main defensive pivot of the team, and u-turn punisher. defensive volc can switch in and roost off damage and proceed to setup on certain physical attackers. it can live a return from m-pinsir from full, it can setup along side coil zygarde, eats anything kart goes for(unless it bnb). 66 speed allows it to outspeed non scarf gren, and pre bb gren at +1. volc can also potentially beat heatran 1v1 if its not a toxic variant, and has gotten to +2 before a taunt+magma storm variant comes in.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Pinsir does damage. I often try to not mega with pinsir until necessary, especially if they opponent has rotom or zapdos. or to keep +2 on lando switch ins

this team is incredibly weak to rain and rocks. if volc gets weakened or dies, the team is susceptible to kartana and shift gear magerna.

https://pastebin.com/FBRLUaPM full team for ez import.

Last edited:
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: Unlocked

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)