Smog Article

Hey guys, I'm almost quite running out of stuff to write about concerning mafia, so that's why I'm making this thread. If you have an idea about something mafia-related you'd like me to write about, please post here and perhaps it'll give me the inspiration to write.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How about you write something similar to a postgame for a big mafia game, but highly more detailed and simple, so that newbies can understand all the false claims, along with the behind-the-scenes plans etc.?

How about how to make a new style of mafia game and/or experiment? Sort of like Accent/Exarius's MGS, your Unicycle and Blindness, Earthworm's Chaos and Flow, and any twists that could be added. Maybe a critique of each of them, too.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here are a few ideas:
-Fake Claiming
-Mafia Strategy
-Wolf Strategy
-Moling

Just a few aspects of mafia that I cannot recall you covering, off the top of my head.

I've often wondered as to the whole Neutral Survival system, that is neutrals and wolves and the strategies both use to win. An in-depth analysis of neutrals would be an interesting read.

Here are a few ideas:
-Fake Claiming
-Mafia Strategy
-Wolf Strategy
-Moling

Just a few aspects of mafia that I cannot recall you covering, off the top of my head.
Mekkah, you've had experience with Moling...you might also want to get Eo to help you out as well.

I think the first thing new players should learn is how to not be moled, not how to mole. A few games recently (mainly Unicycle) the mafias were moled so badly, and there have probably been games recently where the village leaders were newer players and probably got moled to some extent. You obviously need to say what moling is to tell how to prevent it but I'd put more emphasis on "how to not be moled"

it might be kinda hard to teach though, but then again I'm not sure how easy it is to teach moling either

Either way porygon3, both skills are required to play Mafia. Perhaps we can have an article that discusses both of these topics since they overlap.

I think the first thing new players should learn is how to not be moled, not how to mole. A few games recently (mainly Unicycle) the mafias were moled so badly, and there have probably been games recently where the village leaders were newer players and probably got moled to some extent. You obviously need to say what moling is to tell how to prevent it but I'd put more emphasis on "how to not be moled"

it might be kinda hard to teach though, but then again I'm not sure how easy it is to teach moling either
Agree hard with this. Not more to say. It's kind of hard to teach but protips can definitely be given, red flags for claims, etc. etc.

Well you can always cover famous players and their play styles to give a little inspiration to the newbies.

How to mole and not be moled sounds good too

EDIT: Don't call out Jackai anymore though otherwise he might just fly to Holland and murder you or something

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreed. I don't want articles that just stroke egos. Also, a moling/antimoling article probably sounds like the "most useful".

Covering playstyle is iffy, because it's really hard to emulate other players. Each player needs to learn their own style.

How about covering playstyles in general? We don't need to mention names at all.

To be honest, I want Smog articles that don't always cater to beginners, the article in the latest issue on designing games was a step in the right direction (though that's not to say I have major issues with the previous articles, they're still interesting)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)