CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 2a

What should the type of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i have a feeling everyone thinks gohst/fire will just look like a red/orange/yellow Spiritomb, coming out of a campfire instead of the rock thingy, or something along those lines.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
That is because people need to think outside the box more!

Voted Ghost/Fighting cuz it would give ghost types something not weak to weavile, aside from spiritomb. Banette evo with 2 cross shaped frames above it with strings attatched, like a marrionette. Hope it goes physical.

Voted Ghost/Grass. I am Pleasantly surprised that it is winning again.

If it was support it could get Aromatherapy.

supportive/defensive grass ghost...leech seed, toxic spikes?, anti spin...maybe aromatherapy...and definitely not a deadwood tree, something similar in design to celebi or the other pixie-esque pokemon...grass/ghost screams faerie...

supportive/defensive grass ghost...leech seed, toxic spikes?, anti spin...maybe aromatherapy...and definitely not a deadwood tree, something similar in design to celebi or the other pixie-esque pokemon...grass/ghost screams faerie...
yeah, I agree with all of this. I also thought off a celebi like Pokemon, not some sort of tree. Hopefully not everyone will do a tree for the art round.

The best concept I can come up with for Ghost/Normal is a "normal" looking creature (think of any animal-based Normal type) that phases in and out between an ethereal and corporeal form. The creature would have mist swirling around its body, and parts of its body would constantly fluctuate between opaque and transparent.

Well, i have a feeling everyone thinks gohst/fire will just look like a red/orange/yellow Spiritomb, coming out of a campfire instead of the rock thingy, or something along those lines.
Yeah, because a haunted tree is soooo much better. Did everyone miss the Spectral Lynx picture?

That's a Ghost/Normal type. Actually, a haunted pumpkin makes for an interesting design. I think RockotheTacho did some art for that in his webpage.

Why Levitate?

Bronzong: weak to Fire Ground
Abilities: Heatproof, Levitate

Is Bronzong Broken?
Sure, Ghost Steel has more immunities, but it is also neutral to some things that Bronzong resists.

I think not. I rest my case.
If we come up with a non-levitate design though, then that is fine too.

Sadly, my top choice (Ghost/Steel) is in last place, so I'm going for Ghost/Grass. It really is an unusual combonation, and has some potential offensively as long as our pokemon is given a decent movepool. I also like the conceptual idea of a Ghost/Grass much better than a Ghost/Fighter, ghost tree or not.

Why Levitate?

Bronzong: weak to Fire Ground
Abilities: Heatproof, Levitate

Is Bronzong Broken?
Sure, Ghost Steel has more immunities, but it is also neutral to some things that Bronzong resists.

Yes, but are you taking into account Bronzong's mediocre attack stats? Ghosts are notorious for having high attack, or high enough defenses to be able to crank out a Calm Mind. CMZong is gaining popularity, but it's a given if you don't want a good tank. Ghost/Steel will undoubtedly have over 100 in at least one of it's stats, and it needs all the weaknesses it can get.

I hate you people and your
Tied it up!
The only thing that would be important is ghost/Normal catching up. Don't you guys taunt me!!!

Looks around... Hey guys this is my first post lol, after taking into account Future Superstars brilliant anaylysis I have to say Ghost/Fighting

I mean who'd like a dead tree?

Yes, but are you taking into account Bronzong's mediocre attack stats? Ghosts are notorious for having high attack, or high enough defenses to be able to crank out a Calm Mind. CMZong is gaining popularity, but it's a given if you don't want a good tank. Ghost/Steel will undoubtedly have over 100 in at least one of it's stats, and it needs all the weaknesses it can get.

I hate you people and your

The only thing that would be important is ghost/Normal catching up. Don't you guys taunt me!!!
nobody ever said this thing was getting high attack or calm mind =/ and nobody said it would have over 100 in a stat. it's defences may just be something like 90/85/85.

how about we just give steel/ghost an ability that halves damage from ground moves instead.

I'm pleasantly surprised that people are taking the time to read my analysis, and even more surprised that it has swayed a good handful of people to vote for Ghost / Fighting. Keep it up, guys!

Also, Ransen brings up a good point. This would be only the third Ghost-type (to Spiritomb and Sableye) that is not weak to Pursuit and, consequentially, Weavile and Tyranitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)