CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yah... my vote... uh medium for sure.

I see this thing hanging out with the likes of Metagross, Gallade, Gyarados, and Heracross. In fact, 85 was chosen as the upper bound for medium because a Fighting type faster than Heracross would be very deadly. Also, 85 base Speed maxes at 295. Anything above this can outspeed base 100's with a boosting nature. That's a large can of worms, because the metagame centers around base 100 speed for the most part. There is a refocus at the two extremes of ultra fast and ultra slow, but from 55-85 and from 105-130 speed is very set in stone by base stat. You either just go with the minimum or max it, respectively.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
ok, which bastard deleted their post so mine fell onto the previous page >.<

Anyway here's a reminder for myself what the bst i'm suggesting it, just so it doesn' drown in a sea of votes...
110 / 95 / 90 / 75 / 70 / 75
bst =515

Obviously this will be adjusted when we get around to deciding the BST.

I just rethought this again, following some other people's posts, suggesting:

100 / 90 / 90 / 75 / 90 / 85
BST = 530

One thing that I do suggest it NOT learnable and NOT being an egg move is Close Combat. It ruins the happy medium and make this thing somewhat of an offense sweeper again. Sky Uppercut is reasonable.

And for some reason I think that it should be able to learn SPARK...

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Deck demands Medium speed for great defensiveness potential!

Btw. I see no LOL "Extreme" option.

Cause ya know, everyone wants to vote for Extremespeed.

Also, going along with our current vote options, my spread is still much the same.

105/95/110/70/90/65. = 535.

Mixed offensive/defensively, leans physical, with decent SD. Stat total is equal to Swamperts. I like 65 Speed since it beats Swampy, Abomb, and and TTar.

LOW

give it excellent other stats and horrible speed, and give it trick room. Make it one of the better trick roomers. I will say this now, all the people who say it will unbalance the metagame, trick room is at most a gimmick, so it shoould not matter.

Not to mention that if nearly every pokemon outspeeds this thing, then it will be balanced, since the opponent need not worry about having to outspeed this thing.

All you people are giving stat spreads that make the pokemon BL at best, wasn't it predetermined that we are making a competitve pokemon? That suggests OU to me.

110/110/105/60/105/30 Stat total 520. I personally think this pokemon will turn into a great rapid spin blocker, and a good wall in general. Better than Dusknoir IMO, but this will not result in overcentralization. The only wall/tank that has resulted in centralization is Blissey, so this will not result in centralization at all due to it being an inferior wall to the better defensive pokemon.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LOW

give it excellent other stats and horrible speed, and give it trick room. Make it one of the better trick roomers. I will say this now, all the people who say it will unbalance the metagame, trick room is at most a gimmick, so it shoould not matter.

Not to mention that if nearly every pokemon outspeeds this thing, then it will be balanced, since the opponent need not worry about having to outspeed this thing.

All you people are giving stat spreads that make the pokemon BL at best, wasn't it predetermined that we are making a competitve pokemon? That suggests OU to me.

110/110/105/60/105/30 Stat total 520. I personally think this pokemon will turn into a great rapid spin blocker, and a good wall in general. Better than Dusknoir IMO, but this will not result in overcentralization. The only wall/tank that has resulted in centralization is Blissey, so this will not result in centralization at all due to it being an inferior wall to the better defensive pokemon.

Yes, I'm sure the guy with 67 posts knows what stat spreads on a Ghost/Fighting pokemon condemn it to BL.

Let me make it clear for you:

Swampert stats: 100/110/90/85/90/60.

Somehow Swampert made it to OU despite this "abyssmal" spread.

Your pokemon in contrast fails if it can't use Trick Room, since all the heavy hitters outspeed it. To be sure it's a decent spread, but that's because it's designed around a gimmick. I realy don't want to have a pokemon outsped by Rhyperior of all things. It's low SA means that Hippowdon walls it thoroughly. I suppose one could argue you can Will-O-Wisp it, but you Will-O-Wisp this and shut it down too. Dusknoir can Will-O-Wisp this before it moves, of all things.

Though i suppose if you moved it up to parity with the other sets, 55 Base Speed would fix most of those problems.

Medium. I'd prefer it to be the type that can make use of it's speed even if it's not the pokemon's focus.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
fast as in 106 speed. like faster than mismagius but slower than gengar and weavile

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I was worried about ghosts in my home, so I hired a spiritual Medium to see if my home was haunted. As it turns out, there was apparently a vicious mass murder in my home around 50 years ago. The spirits present no ill will however, so long as I provide them with fresh newborns ever year.

Medium.

65/105/115/50/125/65 (Speed last) = 525 BST

Low HP allows Pain Split to remain a viable option. High defenses allow general tankiness. Low Satk means it can't really hurt physical walls too much (bar Cress), and low speed stops it abusing it's awesome offensive typing. Could utilize Sub and Focus Punch along with Shadow Claw/Sneak and Pain Split or a Boosting Move. Take special hits a bit worse than Dusknoir and physical hits roughly as well as Bronzong. Hits about as hard as Infernape (on the Physical side) and a bit weaker than Forretress (LOL). As fast as Scizor or Vaporeon. Same BST as the Eveeloutions or Dusknoir (Who is a good pokemon to compare our new ghost too.)

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I want this to be 85-90 speed. Unfortunately, that puts it right on the borderline. I really don't want to see it beat or tie the 100 speed pokes, but I also don't want to see it fall down into the 60's. I'm voting Fast, but I may change my vote later. Tough call....

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey Hyra, are we doing the BST next or are we just going straight to voting for a Spread?

Hey Hyra, are we doing the BST next or are we just going straight to voting for a Spread?
BST is next. I need help deciding how to do this one though. Definite options are: 601+ (uber), 600, 580, and <500. I'm not sure how to split up the range from 500-545.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)