CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 6

Which art should we use for our Pokemon?

• Rocko the Taco

Votes: 18 8.8%
  • KoA #1 (mummy)

Votes: 47 22.9%
  • TaB #1 (kana)

Votes: 39 19.0%
  • KoA # 2 (viking)

Votes: 36 17.6%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 61 29.8%
  • Sanglunaria

Votes: 39 19.0%
  • KoA #3 (marionette)

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • TaB #2 (fencing)

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • TaB #3 (boxing)

Votes: 28 13.7%
  • Cooper

Votes: 14 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The poll that shall decide whether or not I should stick around...

I voted for mine, because I AM TEH EGOTIST! Seriously, though, if something other than TaB's boxer wins this forum is officially dumb.

Also...

Doug's is not a Pokemon. AT ALL.
The Marionette is WAY too similar to a certain existing Poke.
Syclant did not look like a Pokemon.
Agumon has far more details drawn in than Charmander.
Valhollow FTW.

Voted for Rocko's, Doug's, and all of KoA designs. The five of them look like solid designs to me, although mybe my favourite is KoA's mummy.

kana is the best, easily. most of the others are pretty cool, but the kana is the only one that looks like our stat spread...

voted for DJDs just because it lookes not to scary for 6 year old kidz and lookes like a ghost-FIGHTING-type-POKEMON

Doug's is not a Pokemon. AT ALL. Agree
The Marionette is WAY too similar to a certain existing Poke. Hyra pointed out Minun and Plusle look like Pikachu, yet they don't evolve into them. That can happen here too.
Syclant did not look like a Pokemon. Yes it did, once the sprite was made. The original drawing weren't in color and had a lot of detail, once it is in color and a smaller sprite it looks like one.
I feel people are looking too much at the evolution idea. There are quite a few pokemon that should evolve into each other, but they don't.

After the pictures finally loaded after about 5 mins, i decided to vote for the marionette one - just because i would like using it on my team. I also voted for the fencing one because its low on votes

I voted for Rock the Taco because it remembers me Dusknoir.
But Sanglunaria's art is good too, it's the most "pokemon-like" picture.

Hyra pointed out Minun and Plusle look like Pikachu, yet they don't evolve into them. That can happen here too.
Yeah, but boring Pikachu clones are an industry unto themselves. I don't see why we should be so uninspired as to start another one out of the Shuppet line.

All of these drawings look like ghosts, but the boxing one is the only one that appeals to me as a Ghost/Fighting type. Im now just wishing that id voted for it...

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I'm debating whether or not to vote in this round. :(

It's certainly close as there's a bunch of pieces just waiting to take the lead.

Also, about the complex design thing bla bla bla. Everyone thought Syclant's design was too complex for a pokemon until the sprites were revealed, then they were all " oh, that is just fine then."

I'd originally made the marionette guy as a Banette evo just for an idea to toss around, but he can always be edited to any features linking him to Banette are eradicated.

To be honest, I favor my Mummy design of all my other designs.

Also, about the complex design thing bla bla bla. Everyone thought Syclant's design was too complex for a pokemon until the sprites were revealed, then they were all " oh, that is just fine then."
Thanks for repeating what I said a few posts back. <_<. Man, everyine does that, even in school. I say soomething and someone else repeats it and gets all the credit...W/e. I really like your designs KoA. Especially the Marionette. If you don't knnow what to vote for, vote for TaB's Boxer. It would be an un-biased vote.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I'll just vote all the behind guys so no one gets an unfair advantage.

KoA's marionette is nice but this really isn't a Banette evo's spread.

I still voted for it though I'm not sure why. It just looks so badass.

EDIT: Thinking over it a bit more, I'd be really disappointed if we got a marionette with this spread, Banette evo or not. Can you please discount my vote for it Hyra?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Jesus hovering christ, I only voted for the kana >_> Silly me.

And yeah, Poké-Christ is too Banette-like, people should realize that it's NOT going to be its evo.

Gosh.. I can't believe the Marionette is in the lead. It is a really cool image, but I REALLY don't think it matches the stats. It seems like people disregarded that and just went for their favorite look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)