CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exodimon sounds like a mix between Yugioh and digimon. Exodia + the madatory MON in Digimon. But I like the idea of exedous or expulsion.

Exodite? Exile + fight. Exile, since he was exiled [ok, maybe not] to his tomb and fight since he is fighting. Also Exile could work since he was exiled to the afterlife bein a ghost.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm still going with Revenankh.

Revenant (spirit returned from the dead) + Ankh (egyptian symbol for life)

Revenge + Ankh. (do I need to explain this?)

Works either way, but the first is "correct."

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Exodimon sounds like a mix between Yugioh and digimon. Exodia + the madatory MON in Digimon. But I like the idea of exedous or expulsion.

Exodite? Exile + fight. Exile, since he was exiled [ok, maybe not] to his tomb and fight since he is fighting. Also Exile could work since he was exiled to the afterlife bein a ghost.
That was my pun, actually. >.> Stealing crap from other franchises and shoving them onto this.

For serious idea... Well, I thought Sansorgan or Sandsorgan (Sans organs i.e. mummies have their organs removed, and ghosts just don't really seems to have organs anyway...)

It's a good name for a ghost, but it doesn't really convey either his fighting nature or mummy-like nature. I thought Scaraoh was pretty cool.
Scaraoh sounds like it would be a Scarecrow Pokemon though. I agree on Spookorpse sounds a little too cartoony for a mummy.

I like my original Houtaijin, Lorak's Sansorgan, and Deck Knight's Revenankh.

I really don't think it should have anything but Shed Skin. It seems like the absolute perfect ability for this pokemon but since we have to vote for two I also think Snare Trap sounds pretty cool.

Why does nobody like my Peramer...

It's even in real ancient egyptian, and it means Pharoah of the Pyramids, which is cool by anyone's standards...

Yeah, I can see what you guys mean. Thanks for taking the time to send some feedback.

However, I did think up another name: Zombrawl. It’s a combination of the words 'zombie' and 'brawl'. And I think it makes sense, for their definitions being:

zombie (n.): the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less, by a supernatural force, usually for some evil purpose.
brawl (n.): a noisy quarrel, squabble, or fight.
EDIT: By the way, Revenankh is a pretty sweet name.

Dry Skin and Shed Skin.

Reasons: The guy's bandages would burned fast, and as the bandages would fall/change, the status afflictions would change as well.

Why does nobody like my Peramer...

It's even in real ancient egyptian, and it means Pharoah of the Pyramids, which is cool by anyone's standards...
The problem is, most people don't speak ancient Egyptian, so it doesn't make sense. Even knowing what it means, it doesn't really register with me unless I seriously think about it.

Revenankh is also a very cool name. I still like my Mumrath, though.

Well, almost no one knows where the name Rayquaza originates from either, and that didn't stop Nintendo. Why should it stop us? We can be smart and original!

...Or go with simple word fusions. Meh. I really don't want to see another word fusion though. It's not new, it's not clever. There are so many Nintendo names that aren't fusions, such as vulpix from the latin name for Fox, vulpes, vespiqueen, vespi is from vespus, for wasp, etc. Word fusions are just so... well, meh.

The only one I really like so far is Dane's Houtaijin. Precisely because it is original, or at least more so than the others.

Well, almost no one knows where the name Rayquaza originates from either, and that didn't stop Nintendo. Why should it stop us? We can be smart and original!

...Or go with simple word fusions. Meh. I really don't want to see another word fusion though. It's not new, it's not clever. There are so many Nintendo names that aren't fusions, such as vulpix from the latin name for Fox, vulpes, vespiqueen, vespi is from vespus, for wasp, etc. Word fusions are just so... well, meh.

The only one I really like so far is Dane's Houtaijin. Precisely because it is original, or at least more so than the others.
Bulbapedia said:
Rayquaza's name is likely a combination of ray and quasar.
---

Vulpix's name is a combination of vulpes, Latin for fox, and six, referring to its six tails.
---

Its name (Vespiqueen) is derived from the words vespa, both a genus name and Latin for wasp, and queen.

Revenankh is a perfect name. Honestly, I'd say that name makes this pokemon seem very intimidating. It's long, but doesn't drag on -- and it fits the theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)