CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 7a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Air Lock
I don't see how a mummy controls the weather......

Dry Skin
Its a ghost/mummy, i don't see how this fits. Plus, we dont need to give it a third immunity

Insomnia
Mummies can sleep, besides, this mummy hatched from an egg, so the "it slept for thousands of years" arguments should'nt be vaid

Snare Trap/Entomb
I dont like this ability, choosing what Pokemon your opponent can keep in or not just seems a little broken.

No Ability
Shed Skin fits, I see no need for other abilities.
This is how your post should look. Bolding unnecessary stuff just makes it harder for me. Same thing applies with MwL, but he's actually saving his vote (I read the edit thingie).

And to MwL, tombs are air-tight (theoretically). Therefore, weather cannot go inside the tomb. Cloud Nine is more ignorance of the weather, while Air Lock is more weather does not exist here (Rayquaza and upper atmosphere).

That actually sounds like a good idea. Maybe Scarab Cloud or something. I dunno. Then there'd be the question of why the scarabs aren't getting the way of the battle. But I'd think most of the opposition to Air Lock is in how the name doesn't fit.
Well, the problem I have with Air Lock, is that it's Rayquaza's signature ability. So if we give it to someone else, it should atleast be some kind of special poke =/ Also, changing the name would result in 3 abilities that do the same thing. Kind of an overkill.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
And to MwL, tombs are air-tight (theoretically). Therefore, weather cannot go inside the tomb. Cloud Nine is more ignorance of the weather, while Air Lock is more weather does not exist here (Rayquaza and upper atmosphere).
That's an awesome idea for an ability name: Airtight Tomb. Of course, it doesn't really sound that much like an ability name, but hey.

That's why I like Dry Skin. While the water absorbing part might not perfectly match a mummy, the easily caught on fire part does. I would just say change the ability to Fire Weakness, Bug Absorbtion (like absorbing scarabs and such), but I don't know how much we want to keep making new abilities.

Shed Skin

This fits with the mummy look, and is a pretty good ability. This, however, will make sleep-talking a bit more difficult.

Just thought i should point out, Shed skin shouldn't effect sleep talking, as the effect disappears at the end of the turn, so you will know weather or not you are still asleep when you attack

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
This is how your post should look. Bolding unnecessary stuff just makes it harder for me. Same thing applies with MwL, but he's actually saving his vote (I read the edit thingie).

Well, I think this same logic could be applied for Cloud Nine. If, huh, the mummy ALWAYS attack from inside its tomb, it really would be immune to weather and such. However, I believe Cloud Nine would work for it because it stood a lot of time inside a tomb, without seeing any Clear Sky, or Rainy Days, or Garchomp evading random Ice Beams. When the mummy finally gets out the tomb, it had created something like an aura of "air-tightness", so even though it sees Garchomp evading moves and Thunder always hitting, he can't--

Ah fuck it, Rayquaza won't die just because he lost his ability. Go Air Lock.

Ah fuck it, Rayquaza won't die just because he lost his ability. Go Air Lock.
Just like Parasect didn't die again because Breloom got Spore (I said again! I know it still sucks, it just doesn't suck x2). And other moves and abilities that I can't be bothered to think of right now. Yeah, uniqueness is something that disappears from Pokemon as generations go on. They are meant to be unique for the generation they were created in (excluding RBY, there were too many fish and birds there), not for all future generations.

Well, I was a Dry Skin suporter, but know I think that would be broken (rain dance teams ftw) Insomnia is boring. More than 2 abilities is always nice. Entomb could be good, but the thought of a return to RBY-esque Wrap makes me shudder.

Ergo, Airlock.

However, I agree on the name change. Signature move is signature move.

How about Desert Aura? Restores all weather to the pristine days and clear nights of the Desert.

Also, on a side note, are we actually going to end up designing a whole game? A create a town poll woudl be interesting...

dry skin

I personally don't like any of the abilities but air lock is sorta wtf since it seems completely random, like giving chlorophyll to swampert or something.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Hmm... I'm pressed here.

I really like Shed Skin, as it's like the perfect ability for him.

I'm having trouble deciding whether or not I want a second ability yet. ._.

No Ability
He needs rest for recovery, so insomnia doesn't fit.
Dry skin does make sense in the fire areas, but not the water areas -- he'd rot.
Snare trap and Air lock both make a bit of sense for the theme -- but I'd just pass on both of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)