CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 7a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insomnia

The argument "I want it to Rest" is moot as you could just use Shed Skin, and in fact it would be even better.

Wanting to use Air Lock against Garchomp's Sand Veil hax is rather foolish. This thing is not going to counter Garchomp as it is, not with these stats and not getting Will-o-Wisp ever, and the chance that this specific Pokemon is going to be hindered by Garchomp's evasiveness is slim, as it shouldn't be your first switch into it.

I am a bit concerned that this becomes a much, much better Banette for standard (and Banette is a very cool concept as well), but this is just a side-metagame to Smogon's standard anyway. What this does do is give you a pretty good Breloom switch-in that can actually say a thing or two in standard.

I'd like to request that anyone who hasn't voted for Insomnia go back to my posts on pages 3 and 4, where I've made a pretty good case for it. If you're still convinced your choice is superior, then that's fine by me.

Entomb/Snare Trap. Air Lock doesn't fit, neither does Dry Skin. Insomnia would suck. Plus, I want to see this new Wrap move.

Ok, why is levitate not an option out of curiosity?

This mummy thing has no legs, so what does it do, just flop on the floor like a twat?

No Ability unless levitate becomes an option. Which it will not. I just do not really understand how it is supposed to move.

Too many things have Levitate already. And although no legs is a good reason, it isn't solid. Look at Magnezone.

No Ability.

Anyone willing to tell me why on Earth this thing can get Air Lock? It makes no sense. All you people are voting for is another broken pokemon.

And for all the weather cannot exist in a tomb crap:

SPIRITOMB SAYS HI!

Air Lock: Mummies "lived" in tombs for thousands of years. There is no such thing as weather in a tomb, so when the mummy goes outside, he brings with him a power that disables all kinds of weather.

Dry Skin: The body and bandages of a mummy are very dry. A fire attack would harm this Pokémon greatly, like it was Super Effective. Water on the other hand would hydrate it's body again and bring him back to life a bit.

Insomnia: Mummies have been "sleeping" for thousands of year. Now that they're awake, they're not just gonna get put to sleep again. They'll be awake forever.

Snare Trap/Entomb: The body of a mummy is wrapped up in bandages. He can use these bandages to trap and hurt other Pokémon like he was carrying chains.

No Ability: None of these abilities really fit this Pokémon, while Shed Skin, the ability he already has, is just perfect. So there's no need for another ability.

Just as a note. These aren't my opinions. These are just the general reasons why these abilities are chosen to fit the mummy best.

After reading several arguments on the subject, I've edited my post and changed my vote from Air Lock to Insomnia. To avoid confusion during counting, this isn't a vote.

Anyhow, Insomnia really does benefit our guy more than Air Lock, since it gives him a solid sleep immunity instead of having to rely on a 30% chance to snap out of it early. And it's still a very cool, thematically-sensible ability.

Y I CANT SLEP?

Insomnia, its a freaking mummy, its not sleeping any time soon!!! It looks like the overwhelming majority is Air Lock, and I do agree with that as well.

i'm gonna end this poll tomorrow afternoon. I don't have the will to do a tally now, and feel like leaving this open just a little longer.

The next poll will be moves btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)