Smogon Fantasy Football 2010

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well since most of the sites that host fantasy football have opened up registration, I figured now would be a good time to see who's interested in participating this coming season. I'm willing to host the league, but I'll defer to someone else who is more experienced at league management if they want to do it. If you're interested in being the Commish send me a message on here to let me know. For now I'll leave the Commish at "TBD". I suppose we'll be doing a standard 12-man league, so I'll list the 12 spots and edit as they fill up. Details like draft dates, times and rules can be worked out later, for now I'll just keep track of the interest. Please specify in your replies if you're definitely going to play (I won't add 'maybes'). This thread can also be used for fantasy related discussion of course. Let's get crackin!

League [A] Commissioner: Justin
Players:
1) moot
2) zerowing
3) Huy
4) MrE
5) Justin8649
6) goofball
7) Loki
8) MoP
9) tad38
10) Carl
11) Synre
12) Aldaron

League Commissioner: Lakers
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/lakersaregreat
League Name: Smogon B League
League ID:118942
Password: Lakers
Players:
1) HeroMasaki
2) Flamestrike
3) Remlabmez
4) Lakers
5)
6) Fabbles
7) WaterBomb
8) Stallion
9) Gary the gengar
10)

League [C] Commissioner: WaterBomb
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/smogonbomb
League Name: SmogonBomb
League ID#: 104479
Password: leaguec
Players:
1) WaterBomb
2) xxlonxx
3) pookar
4) tennisace
5) dubulous
6) FinnRegatti
7) Roserade Raider
8) kd24
9) Lakers
10) YoshiX
11) Sledge
12) dukefan5

I'm sort of interested in trying, but I have like zero idea of how it works. Anyone have a link to a site explaining how it works?

im interested for sure! i love football. go saints! im not a bandwagon, been a fan since the deuce mcalister and aaron brooks days

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Justin usually does this shit and there's no point in even holding an actual draft until August. We'll probably end up having two leagues again to satisfy everyone I bet !!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Shinryu - NFL.com has a decent fantasy101 tutorial explaining how it works. Last year was my first season and I figured it out pretty quickly. I'll add you. Here is a link to the what iz section on NFL.com: http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/help/whatis

@Golden Sun & Merrick - added.

@Mystery - I'll put a tentative Justin for the Commissioner for the time being, and if there is enough interest I'll start a list for the second league. I'll also add you since I know you're playing :). I didn't expect a draft til August anyway this is just getting everything organized ahead of time so we have plenty of time to discuss and plan.

@Taxie - it's fantasy for American football, the National Football League

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
@Ulysses & UltraSkyDive - The hosting site has yet to be determined, but I think they used Yahoo last year. It'll be up to the league's commissioner to make that call, and we can open the matter for discussion and go by popular vote too. I'll add you two.

This is obviously not my sport so you should probably league 2 me but I need to expand my fantasy dynasty from hockey and this is the only other sport i actually enjoy so let me in on this shit ok

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Well, at the behest of Aero I will designate the League 2 and go by seniority, but one of the old timers will need to message me and help me identify who goes in what league since I did not participate last year. For now I'll go by join date until I get further distinctions. Don't worry it's only temporary so don't get angry if you feel discriminated against. I'll update and rearrange people as spaces fill.

Well, I'm still the newbie (and hence have no clue what this second league is either XD), but I sound like I fit into it.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
this was who was in our league last season:

Justin (commish)
mop
loki
aldaron
moot
MrE
zerowing
huy
tad38
porygon3
polis4rule (banned cause he was inactive all year)
gaborik

omni was commish of the second league but I haven't seen him around lately so I'm unsure if that will be renewed.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Definitely interested in the B League... I have done fantasy for the past few years so I know how it works. Would prefer ESPN or NFL.com over yahoo though, but regardless it will be enjoyable to play in.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I added all the new replies, including Loki even though he didn't specifically SAY he's playing.

League A is full right now but I will rearrange people if necessary to compensate for old timers showing up. However unless I create a third league we only have 3 spots left in total. I don't want to have to turn people away that signed up first so I'd like the other old timers to indicate sometime soon if they're playing again or not.

You guys think we'll have enough for a third league?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)