Playoffs Smogon Grand Slam XII Playoffs [ Won by Giannis Antetokommo-o ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is definitely a tough way to go out - I played too safe and lost a game I almost definitely would’ve won. Nerves are still something I am not the best at managing, and I’ve lost in this fashion before, but the only thing to do now is learn from it and move on - perhaps there is a better goal. God knows and I don’t.

Many people helped this slam but I’d be wrong to not give a thanks to my good friend Floss for pretty much helping me in every tier, so many people helped but you helped me a lot weeks in advance and continued to throughout the tour. To the park and TSS, I love you guys, I’m sorry I couldn’t bring this back for you guys but I will work even harder because of this.

I’m glad I could prove to myself I deserved to get here. I know I can be the best, so I’ll continue to strive for that. I’m still new to actual competitive and know that there’s bumps in the road. It’s tough to understand now but I’ll learn from it.

To soulwind, I appreciate the kind words. Truly, you’re an amazing player. It’s normal to sometimes get agitated when gaming so don’t worry about the comments I get it. I look forward to seeing how the rest of these playoffs unfold.

This is definitely a tough way to go out - I played too safe and lost a game I almost definitely would’ve won. Nerves are still something I am not the best at managing, and I’ve lost in this fashion before, but the only thing to do now is learn from it and move on - perhaps there is a better goal. God knows and I don’t.

Many people helped this slam but I’d be wrong to not give a thanks to my good friend Floss for pretty much helping me in every tier, so many people helped but you helped me a lot weeks in advance and continued to throughout the tour. To the park and TSS, I love you guys, I’m sorry I couldn’t bring this back for you guys but I will work even harder because of this.

I’m glad I could prove to myself I deserved to get here. I know I can be the best, so I’ll continue to strive for that. I’m still new to actual competitive and know that there’s bumps in the road. It’s tough to understand now but I’ll learn from it.

To soulwind, I appreciate the kind words. Truly, you’re an amazing player. It’s normal to sometimes get agitated when gaming so don’t worry about the comments I get it. I look forward to seeing how the rest of these playoffs unfold.
I lost cause I played shit.
ggs

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
mncmt vs Danny will be getting an extension due to this scheduling incompatibility. We like to avoid giving extensions for 2 week rounds, but both gave every time and nothing was close, so it had to happen.

People with pairings for next round decided (just giannis vs GXE) can send in their tiers anytime via PM while the others that should be decided today can PM me as soon as they know. I will try to get match-ups during my night.

Good luck to everyone playing today. Thanks to shiloh for updating the OP while I was out.

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
1. crying vs 16. zS
2. mncmt vs 15. Danny
3. SoulWind vs 14. bb skarm
4. Sylveon used calm mind vs 13. Giannis Antetokommo-o
5. GXE vs 12. Malekith
6. Star vs 11. kythr
7. Cam vs 10. Vulpix03
8. Fc vs 9. Luthier

Accuracy = 75%

Round 2:

1. crying vs. 8. Fc - Luth should have won but Fc got lucky in UU and PU. I rate crying higher here.

2. Mncmt vs 7. Vulpix03 - Got the Danny prediction wrong but I stand by my prediction that winner of the series (which was Mence) beats vulpix.

3. SoulWind vs. 6. Star - Fuck if I know. Both of these players are likely to win it all. I think Star played a little better last week and has less trophies so is more motivated.

13. Giannis Antetokommo-o vs. 5. GXE - It's not easy to bet against GXE but Giannis was really dominant last week. Both of these players won an Open but I give Giannis the slight edge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)