Smogon Premier League VIII - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[#1] Team Raiders (9) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (3)

SM OU: reyscarface vs p2
SM OU: KratosMana vs Steve Angello
SM OU: Nedor vs Eternal Spirit
SM Ubers: Hack vs Mazar
SM LC: Kingler12345 vs OP
SM DOU: Stax vs MajorBowman
ORAS OU: TDK vs Nintendi
BW OU: Jayde vs Tokyo Tom
DPP OU: roscoe vs Tamahome
ADV OU: UD vs JabbaTheGriffin
GSC OU: BKC vs McMeghan
RBY OU: Tobes vs Zebraiken

[#2] Ever Grande BIGS (5) vs [#3] Indie Scooters (7)

SM OU: Posho vs TheThorn
SM OU: Finchinator vs Tricking
SM OU: Obliviate vs Welli0u
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs Gunner Rohan
SM LC: ZoroDark vs Star
SM DOU: DaAwesomeDude1 vs Biosci
ORAS OU: Genesis7 vs Axel10
BW OU: Ciele vs Jirachee
DPP OU: Mael vs Philip7086
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Ojama
GSC OU: d0nut vs Mr.378
RBY OU: Alexander. vs Crystal_

Updated Kanto

Banned deucer.
GGs classiest & thx sharks for the opportunity to play even if i did mess up, met a lot of cool ppl and learned some things about other gens as well. Anyways BIGS (genesister) and TIGERS (p2/pedos)one of you better win

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Finchinator - Today at 5:51 PM
Playing Sunday after Tour
dekzeh - Today at 5:52 PM
same
d0nut - Today at 5:53 PM
probably same.

See you Sunday, Scoots.

[#1] Team Raiders (6) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (5)

SM OU: reyscarface vs p2 - Reyscarface is surely the bigger name and more experienced tournament player. Hell, his results this SPL easily outdo those of p2, but I do not think this will be a one-sided battle. P2 has used some questionable teams, but he's a solid player who tends to not donate away games and if he makes a good team choice, I expect this to be a close game. Still have to favor Rey given all that was said above, but should be good.
SM OU: KratosMana vs Steve Angello - Another interesting battle. Anti has been one of the most impressive SMers in terms of team choice and I think he's clearly a high-level player, too, but Steve has a knack for some interesting brands of creativity and he isn't afraid to make some unconventional plays and manuvers throughout his games. I think that Steve might have a bit of a stylistic or match-up oriented advantage against Anti given how both of them play, but I think Anti has been too solid to predict against ever since the NJNP game and even before that, so expect another close one, but leaning in Anti's favor.
SM OU: Nedor vs Eternal Spirit - I think this game is going to be interesting because ES tends to use some really offensive stuff and it might but Nedor on the ropes, so it'll depend a lot on how well he prepares and is ready to handle whatever is thrown at him. So far, I think the two of them have shown to be on a similar playing level, but I think ES starting out 3-0 in SM and bringing some interesting teams might give him the edge, especially with Nedor coming off of a tough loss and being in the spotlight for the first time (not that ES handled OLT finals incredibly well, but he's a proven solid player at this point, in my opinion).
SM Ubers: Hack vs Mazar - Mazar has done so many improbable things this tournament and I know a lot of people in this community tend to dislike him, but I think he's a competent player and if anyone is going to pull this sort of upset, it's him. With that said, Hack was rated the best Ubers player by just about everyone coming into this tour and despite having a mediocre start and then taking a break for a while, I think he's the type to come back even stronger and that'll be an issue for Mazar. Just based off of this and tier knowledge, Hack should win.
SM LC: Kingler12345 vs OP - Kinglernumerous is good at playing SmogTours friendly and probably good enough to break into the LC playerbase during SPL, but OP has came back from a really rough start to turn some heads and help lead the Tigers into the fourth seed they somehow ended up with, so you have to give him some credit and I think he's the likely winner given all of the momentum he has on his side and how solid his teams have been for his opponents as of late.
SM DOU: Stax vs MajorBowman - Stax has showed a really high ceiling throughout the season, but I think Bowman is the best Doubles player over the past two SPLs and he knows how to handle a big match, so predicting him to win just based on that.
ORAS OU: TDK vs Nintendi - TDK looked really good in most of his ORAS games this SPL and I think he's going to handle this in a similar fashion to those. Nintendi has been surprising and showed that he's quite capable, but I think he's a league below TDK when it comes to preparation. In terms of gameplay, TDK also has the edge, so going his way here.
BW OU: Jayde vs Tokyo Tom - Tokyo Tom still feels like a bit of a WIP to me when it comes to being one of the better BWers out there in an SPL environment and the results have, more or less, reflected that. Jayde has been the better player in almost all of his games and has a fuckton of support (not that Tokyo Tom doesn't, but I think Jayde's might mean a bit more here). I think this will probably go to Jayde in a pretty straightforward fashion, but I'm interested in what each of these guys bring.
DPP OU: roscoe vs Tamahome - Probably one of my favorite games overall and one that will fits the playoff atmosphere. I thnk this game can truly go either way as Roscoe has handled SPL this year and in past years very well, but Tama is one of the all time greats overall and in the tier. I expect a great game and I hope to be able to catch this one whenever it happens to be. I am leaning slightly towards Tama because I like his teams more, but it honestly could go either way.
ADV OU: UD vs JabbaTheGriffin - I mean neither of the two have had particularly successful SPLs, but Jabba has had a few in the past and has a much higher ceiling as a player, in my opinion. UD is probably a bit more active and will put a bit more into preparation, but I feel Jabba is the better player and generally those are safe to go with when in doubt.
GSC OU: BKC vs McMeghan - Whewww, this is going to be one hell of a match. I think I'd probably have the longest paragraph of analysis and tryhardery in my prediction for these two in just about any other tier, but I'm not familiar enough with GSC and I think the names say enough for themselves as is, so yea - hoping for a great one.
RBY OU: Tobes vs Zebraiken - I really hope Zeb wins and he actually showed competence last week and even consistent high-level play in a couple of his games with Peas, but Tobes is essentially an RBY veteran at this point and has been solid this year for the most part, so favoring him.

You know what, that 8-1 is still better than your best record and the record of most of the people who plays their main tiers/gens, still got considered the best in a gen for a year, just not lucky enough to get a good team while i was doing good.

Yep it means that even if im now an average player i was the best when i was in the mood, and dont need a trophy to show it, surpass it if u can.

PS: Even if it doesnt matter i also got a positive record in my second season and the only reason why i didnt get it in my first one was because my team keept using me in their LU even when i had quit pokemon for irl problems so i lost to activity; maybe u should at least get the correct info before shittalk someone who didnt even say a bad word about you ;)

Last edited:
[#1] Team Raiders (6) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (6)

SM OU: reyscarface vs p2 | hes mastered the ability to receive donations, aka the way in which I win most of my games
SM OU: KratosMana vs Steve Angello | steve angellord has been solid but anti is amazing lol
SM OU: Nedor vs Eternal Spirit | tossup tbh but ill give the edge to the person w/ better teams
SM Ubers: Hack vs Mazar | hack hasn't been that great this SPL imo and hasn't played a meaningful game in a long time. mazar's surprisingly been on fire in this tier
SM LC: Kingler12345 vs OP | better player whos been doing rly well lately after an awful start
SM DOU: Stax vs MajorBowman | better player imo
ORAS OU: TDK vs Nintendi | nintendi's been good but hard to pick against tdk right now
BW OU: Jayde vs Tokyo Tom | jayde's just jesus lol
DPP OU: roscoe vs Tamahome | this one's a complete tossup honestly, as both are really good players imo, but at the end of the day, tama is luckier.
ADV OU: UD vs JabbaTheGriffin | both haven't been that good this season but i think jabba will come through
GSC OU: BKC vs McMeghan | another complete tossup between two of the best ever so ill just go with my gut.
RBY OU: Tobes vs Zebraiken | def better lol

Tiebreak

SM OU: reyscarface / TDK / KratosMana vs. p2 / Steve Angello | better players 4 sure lol
SM OU: reyscarface / TDK / KratosMana vs. McMeghan | lol. I'm sure he can figure out SM OU and if anyone can stop this god core its prime roro.
SM Doubles: Stax vs. MajorBowman | better player once again

well this ended up with the tigers winning but the raiders have bigger edges in the tiers they're favored in, so I wouldn't be surprised if raiders blew the tigers away.

[#2] Ever Grande BIGS (8) vs [#3] Indie Scooters (4)

SM OU: Posho vs TheThorn | better player
SM OU: Finchinator vs Tricking | see above
SM OU: Obliviate vs Welli0u | obliviates been rly solid lately
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs Gunner Rohan | 2nd best ubers player behind FAJI the great lol
SM LC: ZoroDark vs Star | star finally decided to stop being a down syndrome autist so mayb he'll win
SM DOU: DaAwesomeDude1 vs Biosci | been rly good most of the season
ORAS OU: Genesis7 vs Axel10 | the sheriff is 2 good
BW OU: Ciele vs Jirachee | rly close game but ciele's a better player imo
DPP OU: Mael vs Philip7086 | phils been p solid and is one of the best ever in this tier
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Ojama | another rly close game but in terms of solely adv, I think dekzeh's slightly better
GSC OU: d0nut vs Mr.378 | donut's been amazing lately and mr.378 hasn't done as well as early in the year
RBY OU: Alexander. vs Crystal_ | close but i think alexander's slightly better

ORAS OU: TDK vs Nintendi

SM OU:
Finchinator vs Tricking

SM OU: Posho 55-45 TheThorn honestly most sm games just kinda whiz by me if they're not my teammates' so I don't have much to contribute for this matchup. however I would like to see posho take it so I'll take the risky route of predicting against thorn who's been quite solid
SM OU: Finchinator 60-40 Tricking I'm sure tricking knows what he's doing in sm if he's here but I think finch has a playing advantage
SM OU: Obliviate 51-49 Welli0u pheromosa is SO BROKEN jesus I cannot wait till it fucks off. anyway obliviate made tour playoffs and is p good but iirc made some thunderblunders this season so should be close or something. christ dude I can't emphasize enough how stupid phero is
SM Ubers: Level 56 61-39 Gunner Rohan been a lot more consistent. rohan has played pretty well but is maybe a bit too eager to get sr
SM LC: ZoroDark vs Star alas I hate little cup oml
SM DOU: DaAwesomeDude1 vs Biosci no idea on the numbers in this stark tier but sansa will give you her blessing
ORAS OU: Genesis7 55-45 Axel10 hard to pick against the spanish wonder and I know this will draw screams of mirth from certain users but I really like how genesis does oras. he doesn't really beat himself so I think if he brings some good solid keldeo bulky O like he seems to function best with and plays with both balls to seize advantage while being aware of axel's more aggressive tendencies then I expect him to win. he's definitely got his work cut out for him though, axel doesn't play around as his record shows and he's got really good support (although I've come to find this slightly overrated)
BW OU: Ciele vs Jirachee still not taking sides lol I love you both ^_^ can't wait for phil to bring caterpie I mean rotom-w he LOVES that pokemon
DPP OU: Mael 51-49 Philip7086 hnnnnnng as great as phil is, I have a gut feeling mael is going to really show what he's capable of with this shot on the big stage. won't be easy of course but this is gonna be some high level shit on both sides. can't wait to see what wacky new things phil brings, what a kooky character *laugh track*
ADV OU: dekzeh 40-60 Ojama oh, jama; please believe me... dek seems to have been kinda disinterested this spl. that said if he's no longer snoozing since it's semis time and an opportunity for revenge from last year then this'll be a lot closer. ojama's suicune metagross army is powerful and wielded well though so hard to pick against him
GSC OU: d0nut 47-53 Mr.378 it is Time for the meganium
RBY OU: Alexander. 54-46 Crystal_ gonna be expertly played on both sides

Lusa

is the Smogon Tour Season 31 Champion
World Defender
gonna just stick to the predix of a tour ill never play:

SM OU: reyscarface vs p2 - reys convinced me heavily of his playing skills and p2 has been shaky this season
SM OU: KratosMana vs Steve Angello -
SM OU: Nedor vs Eternal Spirit - vlw pelos likes, tmj parceiro
ORAS OU: TDK vs Nintendi - i think Nintendis style matches up well against TDKs if that makes any sense

SM OU: Posho vs TheThorn - close game for sure, think Thorns been a little more solid this season tho
SM OU: Finchinator vs Tricking - ill root for Tricking but Finch is though opp to face
SM OU: Obliviate vs Welli0u - both have had their ups and downs but i think Obliv goes in a little better
ORAS OU: Genesis7 vs Axel10 - Axel was superior this season but i feel like Genesis is really motivated to help his team rn

SM Ubers: Hack vs Mazar- :deepthinking: not sure about this one.
SM LC: Kingler12345 vs OP
SM DOU: Stax vs MajorBowman
ORAS OU: TDK vs Nintendi- excited af for this one

SM OU: Finchinator vs Tricking
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs Gunner Rohan
SM LC: ZoroDark vs Star- I give 52% goao an 80% chance to beat 20% goao lol.
SM DOU: DaAwesomeDude1 vs Biosci

2 close series I hope! rooting for winner of bigs vs scoots to take it regardless

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)