Finals Smogon Premier League XII - Finals [Won by the Wi-Fi Wolfpack]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjneider

swag to the yolo
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Just wanted to share a little something with the community since SPL concluded for me and with that, brings another ending. It is kinda hard for these type of posts to not come off as melodramatic but I do just want to express my thanks to all of you guys for a hell of a ride these past couple of years.

Firstly, I want to thank my managers Triangles and Coconut for picking me up for yet another SPL. This tour is really special and getting to play it is always an honor as a competitor. To my team (the Cryos), GMLCS! I didn’t get a chance to say this but I wanna thank each and every one of you, including our helpers, for making this yet another fun and exciting SPL for me. The environment we had was truly enjoyable and I wouldn’t have wanted It any other way.

I’m not too sure about this but I think I’m in the minority here where the only game that I play is mons and I think what’s gotten me to stick around for so long is, of course, the community. I’m proud to call some of the people I’ve met on this site my best friends and I’m sure many people reading this can relate. I’ve enjoyed teaming up, armchairing tour games or just messing around on the ladder with so many of you that it feels impossible to list every name out. Just want you guys to know though that you’re awesome and I appreciate y’all.

Also, I want to send a message to all the newer players lurking this thread: Keep pushing through. Not long ago, I was in your shoes watching these SPL games excited and hopeful that that could be me one day. And guess what? I just played CBB in SPL playoffs just a couple days ago, which is crazy to think about considering the fact that all I used to do was ladder ORAS OU with Monoblue. Special shoutout to TonyFlygon and col49, for being god talent scouters and giving me my first shot at the tour scene. Would not be here if it weren't for yall.
Got off track a bit but I guess what I'm really trying to say here is that your shot will come (sometimes it's when you least expect it to, till this day no team ever tells me they're gonna draft me like wtf) so don't give up! It's not gonna be handed to you but isn't that what makes it all the more satisfying?

With that, I want to wish both the Wolfpack and the Tyrants good luck in the finals! Both teams earned their spots and I think we’ll get a deserving winner either way.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to share a little something with the community since SPL concluded for me and with that, brings another ending. It is kinda hard for these type of posts to not come off as melodramatic but I do just want to express my thanks to all of you guys for a hell of a ride these past couple of years.

Firstly, I want to thank my managers Triangles and Coconut for picking me up for yet another SPL. This tour is really special and getting to play it is always an honor as a competitor. To my team (the Cryos), GMLCS! I didn’t get a chance to say this but I wanna thank each and every one of you, including our helpers, for making this yet another fun and exciting SPL for me. The environment we had was truly enjoyable and I wouldn’t have wanted It any other way.

I’m not too sure about this but I think I’m in the minority here where the only game that I play is mons and I think what’s gotten me to stick around for so long is, of course, the community. I’m proud to call some of the people I’ve met on this site my best friends and I’m sure many people reading this can relate. I’ve enjoyed teaming up, armchairing tour games or just messing around on the ladder with so many of you that it feels impossible to list every name out. Just want you guys to know though that you’re awesome and I appreciate y’all.

Also, I want to send a message to all the newer players lurking this thread: Keep pushing through. Not long ago, I was in your shoes watching these SPL games excited and hopeful that that could be me one day. And guess what? I just played CBB in SPL playoffs just a couple days ago, which is crazy to think about considering the fact that all I used to do was ladder ORAS OU with Monoblue. Special shoutout to TonyFlygon and col49, for being god talent scouters and giving me my first shot at the tour scene. Would not be here if it weren't for yall.
Got off track a bit but I guess what I'm really trying to say here is that your shot will come (sometimes it's when you least expect it to, till this day no team ever tells me they're gonna draft me like wtf) so don't give up! It's not gonna be handed to you but isn't that what makes it all the more satisfying?

With that, I want to wish both the Wolfpack and the Tyrants good luck in the finals! Both teams earned their spots and I think we’ll get a deserving winner either way.
1-1 SPL veteran Kin(g)k UU approves this wholesome message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)