Playoffs Smogon Tour Season 31 Playoffs [Won by Lusa]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SidTheShuckle

Everyday I’m Shucklin’
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
hello Smogtours and welcome to my predictions debut!

for this round of 16 im gonna just do predictions based on data, points, and how many wins on the regular season, but there will be a few changes.

1. Giannis Antetokommo-o (SS, SM) vs. 16. Pohjis (ORAS)
Starting off strong, I see this as a highlight match between two juggernauts, one that's gaining steam in Smogtours, and the other, a seasoned Veteran! I expect this one to be close, but I'm giving the win to Giannis. I'm still rooting for Pohjis, so prove me wrong Pohjis!
2. SoulWind (SS, ORAS) vs. 15. Jytcampbell (SM)
Ok, this is the match that I want to see, coz I believe this is SW's time to shine! He's been in many finals in these tournaments and he's gonna be in this finals as well as hopefully taking home the trophy along with his Smogon Classic trophy! But Jyt is no pushover, he def has a lotta skill in SM so I'm going to be watching for that!
3. Tricking (SM) vs. 14. Skypenguin (SS, ORAS)
Ok so this is where the data starts to fall apart as I'm not convinced single digit points will beat single digit points. Tricking definitely dominates in SM, but Sky has a lot of versatility for each meta, I'm going with Skypenguin on this one, even tho Tricking is a beast so prove me wrong Tricking! You won OLT, let's see if you win Smogtours31.
4. John W (SS, SM) vs. 13. Vileman (ORAS)
what can i say? John had beef with ABR and won! moving on! (sorry just a wcop inside joke don't h8 me im just teasing).
5. egalvanc (SS) vs 12. Ktütverde (SM, ORAS)
egalvanc is amazing! but as the data shows, hes been mostly grinding points in SS and not made much gain in SM or ORAS. well, ok maybe ORAS, but ORAS can be the resulting match that will decide between these two. This is a very close one!
6. Lusa (ORAS) vs 11. Tace (SS, SM)
Alright, I'm cheating a bit here. but the difference between the points in SM is not that big so it may as well work in Tace's favor.
7. xray (SS, ORAS) vs 10. iNoLife (SM)
to be fair, the SS meta is kinda important right now, so if you can adapt to the current meta and go beyond expectations of 3 points, I'll be cheering you on. But i've known xray a bit more so i see xray winning.
8. Eternal Spirit (SM) vs 9. Ox the Fox (SS, ORAS)
Another cheat here, Eternal Spirit has more points than Ox in ORAS but the difference is not large enough to pull it away. I love Ox hes my homie in the OU room and I like how he grinds on the OU room tours just to flex. it's entertainment to me, and i love his skills!

These predictions could also be preparation for the Underdog to focus on each Gen meta and prove these predictions wrong, so good luck to all the Underdogs!

Niko

Sun God
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
1. Giannis Antetokommo-o vs. 16. Pohjis
Giannis is a good player with solid picks, Pohjis can do it with a good prep but I think Giannis is better now in ST tiers.

2. SoulWind vs. 15. Jytcampbell
Soulwind is solid and I don't see Jyt getting out of his comfort zone enough to win with the prep

3. Tricking vs. 14. Skypenguin
Go Skypenguin smash this noob

4. John W vs. 13. Vileman
Better player, only way I see John losing is getting bad matchups while using fat

5. egalvanc vs 12. Ktütverde
They have both weird af team picks, it will likely depend on it

6. Lusa vs 11. Tace
Probably better player

7. xray vs 10. iNoLife
Xray looks good in ORAS but not as good in other tiers. I don't know the other guy well but seems a bit more solid in SS, where I saw xray struggling in SPL.
Edit: nvm i switched inolife pts in SS and SM in my mind

8. Eternal Spirit vs 9. Ox the Fox
Gama has bad team picks in ORAS, in SS what the meta requires you to play pairs well with his playstyle. It will likely depend on the series itself rather than the prep because ES is very aggressive, sometimes even when unnecessary

Last edited:

frisoeva

LETS FUCKING NOOOOOOOOOOOO
4. John W vs. 13. Vileman
6. Lusa vs 11. Tace
7. xray vs 10. iNoLife

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
4. John W vs. 13. Vileman - Pero vamos Vile *-*
6. Lusa vs 11. Tace
7. xray vs 10. iNoLife

Solid playoffs, good luck to all of you guys, all of you would be deserving winners. Also lol frisoeva , same predix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)