Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Anyways, how does tangrowth stay with amoongus in OU, I can see physical defensive putting in work, but av does the same stuff with regen..

Yes Gurdurr moved down to NU again! Now we just need OU to stop using Mew so it can thrive in UU. Ooh, and release Zapdos and Jirachi too (and no, it wouldn't be broken it was fine in XY UU).

Last edited:
Tangrowth moved from RU to OU

First Amoonguas, now Tang.

You OU muthafuckas better ban Keldeo just sayin.

EDIT: this is implied joke okay no need to jump me for the "keldeo is borken durr" comment/joke/hard-to-interpret statement

Last edited:
WTF Cacturne to PU? I have swept whole OU teams with this movepool and good timing:

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch

Also, Tangrowth jumping 2 tiers up is pretty suprising. I wonder why?
Remember Quagsire and Amoonguss? Tangrowth is a freaking tank with its great stats

Last edited:
FUCK OU

PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt
Take good care of it for me, pls ;------;
Yes Gurdurr moved down to NU again! Now we just need OU to stop using Mew so it can thrive in UU. Ooh, and release Zapdos and Jirachi too (and no, it wouldn't be broken it was fine in XY UU).
They've been in OU forever (Zapdos was OU in the past). They'll never drop

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No, it wasn't, I clearly remember amoongus and quagsire were the talking ponts of that shift because of the large jumps they made
If I remember right, Quagsire was UU in early XY for a while before it moved up to OU for the first time. It dropped back down to UU after three months, and then three months later it wound up dropping further to RU, then it eventually dropped to NU and stayed there for a long time. It moved up to OU a few months ago again, and now it's dropped back down. That's how it went for Quag basically: so yes, it was UU before: it started off 6th Gen in UU, and was UU a second time based off of dropping down from OU.

Also for the record Slurpuff is gonna kick ass in RU. It was RU before and it was pretty good and fun to use in XY RU. It was also RU in ORAS for a while and it kicked butt, even though it needed a bit of support to work. Actually, it has a shot at being a top tier threat if not downright broken in RU because of Play Rough+Return+Drain Punch with Belly Drum basically being nearly unwallable. Not only that, but Mega Steelix got banned which makes things easier for Slurpuff (I know regular Steelix exists and is a good mon, but it's no where near as good or common as Mega Steelix). This thing is gonna be a force to reckon with, no doubt about it.

Shaymin was RU before for like a month before it moved up iirc. It was a really good Pokemon back then so it should be able to perform extremely well in RU, especially since Alomomola and Slowking are so common here, so Shaymin should find use here. Seed Flare and its massive SpD drop are extremely useful assets as well.

Just a few thoughts.

Well tangy deserves OU tho.
It has been there for quite sometime now and has been able to handle some very top tier mons like gyarados mega,metagross mega and excadrill , lopunny etc p easily.
And yeah really happy to see cacturne and muk in pu.

Yeah that thing deserves more use, it's a great stallbreaker.

I am stoked that Gurdurr's finally back in NU where it belongs, and finally people have given up the Ghost with Trevenant. Sorry that was a terrible pun. But people, if you're using Trevenant in NU, don't use the SubSeed set.

PU got a lot of good stuff. Cacturne is a solid alternative to Leafeon and Sawsbuck, losing out on Speed but having better typing. Smeargle is pretty much only a Sticky Web lead, and with Pelliper back in the tier, hazard stacking won't be that viable. Muk trades Arbok's Speed for power, although the snake has Intimidate so it can set up more easily.

Shaymin could well break RU in half, although it does have its checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)