CAP 2 Smogon's "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 1

What should the base typing of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, it would be burning itself. Its ability would have to be something like:
Wildfire: Each turns this Pokemon loses 10% of the health due to being on fire and being a grass type.

Wildfire: Each turns this Pokemon loses 10% of the health due to being on fire and being a grass type.
No it wouldn't. Fire can be beneficial to plants by getting rid of dead matter and undergrowth.

Also, who said pokemon made sense? Why is a rose poisonous? Why wouldn't lanturn electricute itself? If you mention volt absorb, then the grass pokemon could have flash fire or a new ability related to fire.

Edit: Damn beaten

In that case, Lapras freezes itself every turn, Corsola gets hurt every turn, etc., etc.

No it wouldn't. Fire can be beneficial to plants by getting rid of dead matter and undergrowth.

Also, who said pokemon made sense? Why is a rose poisonous? Why wouldn't lanturn electricute itself? If you mention volt absorb, then the grass pokemon could have flash fire or a new ability related to fire.

Edit: Damn beaten
A lot of plants are poisonous. Lanturn has Volt Absorb, so the electricity is absorbed and no DMG is done. Same goes with Heatran. And yeah, if Flash Fire is given, then it would make sense.

@Sanjay: Heatran is explained above^^. Moltres doesn't have feathers in the real world sense. It has flames. Flames absorb Oxygen which helps Moltres fly.

@Tsukikage: Water = Ice. Ice floats on Water, but doesn't nessecarily freeze it. Rocks don't really get trashed in water. Nintendo just felt they couldn't find a better counter to rock than fighting. And since Rock is basically Ground, they gave it most of the same weaknesses.

Haha no one's voting for Psychic. We kind of have all the roles covered with it though.

EDIT: Rock actually does erode in water, Ho-oh does have feathers, and ice will freeze water.

The point can be made that Lapras is simply a creature that lives in cold waters, so this could be a sunflower in the most literal sense.

Oh wait that would be a Sunflora evo. Can't have that. ._.

I was going to "Lol" at Psychic a few posts back, but decided not too. Psychic has poor coverage. Fighting and Poison [Tell me if im missing something] and those types it covers are covered better by more common types, like Flying and Ground respeectivly.

A lot of plants are poisonous. Lanturn has Volt Absorb, so the electricity is absorbed and no DMG is done. Same goes with Heatran. And yeah, if Flash Fire is given, then it would make sense.

@Sanjay: Heatran is explained above^^. Moltres doesn't have feathers in the real world sense. It has flames. Flames absorb Oxygen which helps Moltres fly.

@Tsukikage: Water = Ice. Ice floats on Water, but doesn't nessecarily freeze it. Rocks don't really get trashed in water. Nintendo just felt they couldn't find a better counter to rock than fighting. And since Rock is basically Ground, they gave it most of the same weaknesses.
Roses arent poisonous though. Also, since ability will be decided later, you can't say it is impossible. Also, water erodes rock.

Eh, I was just pointing it out. Idc what dual-typed Pokemon we make, as long as Fire or Ghost advance. I was just pointing out that out of all the possible dual types, Fire/Grass doesn't seem right. I mean what would it look like? I had an image that was meant to be Fire/Ghost, but now that I think of it, it could be Fire/Grass. Maybe I will re-draw it and submit it to the art poll. If there is one. I can't sprite though....<_<

EDIT: As much as I want a Normal/Ghost, that would be impossibly hard to take down. Only like Weaville and Tyranitar would be able to effectivly bring it down. Only dark hits it.

I like Grass. It has a useful Ground resistance, and Hyra can still keep his T-tar killer if Fighting gets chosen as the Secondary type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)