CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 5, part II

What will be the stats of our new pokemon? (speed last)

• 47/ 125/ 75/ 105/ 70/ 123 (Total 545)

Votes: 72 40.2%
  • 70/ 116/ 70/ 114/ 64/ 121 (Total 555)

Votes: 107 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyra's spread can't take any sort of hit, MwL's set will at least be able to survive random priority moves thanks to having more than 4 hit points. They both still can't take a hit forth crap, and I don't really like either, but MwL's is the lesser of two evils.

Yeah. Both are great spreads, but Neither would take a hit worth a damn anyways, so it is basically this:

x/125/x/105/x/123
VS
x/116/x/114/x/121

Who wins? :pimp:

Both are good though ;>_>

Hyra set~ "Liek OMG, higher attack and speed. Me pick that one"

MwL set~ "Yay, highest total stat, must means it's fucking deadly. I chose this"

^ That is the vibe I get upon reading people comments on this poll.

As for a move, how about this:

Snow Drift
ACC: 100
Power: 10+
Type: Ice
PP: 10
Special

The pokemon rides a wave of ice and snow across the battle field.

Special: This attack hits the opponent with all entry hazards on your side, then clears them.

^ Sounds more like some nifty ability to me beside he still have to come in and use that attack to get rid of SR/Spikes/TS

Defrost
Category: Other
Power: --
Acc: --
Effect: Heals 50% of health, remove ice typing for one turn.

Edit: Better name, Refreeze?

^ Sounds more like some nifty ability to me beside he still have to come in and use that attack to get rid of SR/Spikes/TS

Defrost
I would think that Defrosting an Ice Pokemon would actually hurt 50% rather than heal 50%.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Exactly, but people are going to pick it anyway ("omg 555 total"). I like the first one better for reasons I listed in my other post.
Meh, we shouldn't have total base stats on the poll. I reckon some people just skipped over the stats and straight to the total. =\

As for the name, what about Hail Absorb? *shrug* Just a suggestion.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i vote MWL's lesser of two evels (stupid spelling)
Hyra your logic that haveing a low base HP will protect you from SR is crazy it will take half of it off and it dosent mater how little base you put it will still take half off.

Not fond of these two, because they look like we're trying too hard to make sure this guy outspeeds certain Pokemon.. which is fine, but still..

I went w/ the 555 btw.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Voted MwL's because I spent half of the last topic defending it >_> And it was my second choice (hey, I have pride in my stuff, shoot me)

New Moves:

From other topic:

Ice Breaker
Physical
Power: 100
Acc: 90%
Effect: Destroys Reflect/Light Screen.

Stench Blast
Type: Bug
Other
Power: N/A
Acc: 80%
PP: 20
Effect: Lowers opponents defense and special defense one stage.

Hive Mind
Other
Acc: 100%
PP: 20
Effect: Imprison effect.

Defrost

Someone's trying to steal my Ideas :P

Defrost

What about antifreeze since it would remove ice type?

I'm actually a big fan of this. 50% is a big plus, and the Ice typing doesn't add any resistances. We'd be looking at a Roost that doesn't hurt your typing.

And I did not vote for MwL's because it has the highest BST! I voted for it because I'd trade two points in speed and nine points in Attack for higher Sp. Attack and 23 HP anyday.

How about these moves?

Black Ice
Effect: Badly poisons the target Pokemon.

Ice type Toxic? Well, most Pokemon can learn Toxic already, but Steel Pokemon can still get affected by this move, since it isn't Poison type.

Friction
Type: Electric
Power: 80
PP: 5
Effect: The Pokemon causes massive amounts of friction in its body by rubbing against the ground, causing damage to the Pokemon that attacks it with an electric jolt. Priority move. The Pokemon cannot be KO'd by any attacks when using Friction. This move will work until the Pokemon has less than 50% health.

This is how it works:

Pokemon used Friction!

Enemy Pokemon used Tackle!

Pokemon took x% damage

Enemy Pokemon was shocked by Friction! (x% damage)

I think it makes this move both crappy and broken. >.>; Whoops. Oh well, just throwing thoughts out there.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How about these moves?

Black Ice
Effect: Badly poisons the target Pokemon.

Ice type Toxic? Well, most Pokemon can learn Toxic already, but Steel Pokemon can still get affected by this move, since it isn't Poison type.

black ice is slipery not poisonous

Friction
Type: Electric
Power: 80
PP: 5
Effect: The Pokemon causes massive amounts of friction in its body by rubbing against the ground, causing damage to the Pokemon that attacks it with an electric jolt. Priority move. The Pokemon cannot be KO'd by any attacks when using Friction. This move will work until the Pokemon has less than 50% health.

This is how it works:

Pokemon used Friction!

Enemy Pokemon used Tackle!

Pokemon took x% damage

Enemy Pokemon was shocked by Friction! (x% damage)

I think it makes this move both crappy and broken. >.>; Whoops. Oh well, just throwing thoughts out there.
yes its broken

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i voted for MwL's spread not for the total but because with everyone carrying a fire move for steel types, it needs to be able to at least survive one SE attack.

as for the moves, couldn't you give it attack order, defense order, and heal order (the exclusive moves vespiquen has)?
that would give it an attack, a defense/sp. def boost (which this pokemon sorely needs) and a recovery move (again this pokemon needs one to survive)

i voted for MwL's spread not for the total but because with everyone carrying a fire move for steel types, it needs to be able to at least survive one SE attack.
Fire is x4, it isn't going to be survive any fire attack from no one execpt from a lv1. Chimchar or something.

A recovery sounds nice and all but can this thing survive a hit long enough to restore health and still be a threat to whatever it's facing?

Yes I know it's not create a move, but blame Gothic Togekiss. Anyways 555 set ftw

Name: Cuccoon
Support
Acc: N/A
PP: (Unsure of Roost PP)
Effect: Regains 50% of Health and removes Bug Type for turn of use.

Like an Bug type version of Roost.

Metamorphisise
Support
Acc.: 60%
Changes Bug Typing to resist the type of last attack

Always believed Bug's should have these abilities

Other move, which I've been given some thought, Which is like Marmite (either love it or hate it)

Name: Unsure
Support
Acc.: N/A
Effect: Splits the pokemon into 2 seperate entities at half stats. Only works in Double Battle

Bugs have always been an adaptive organism to any situation, I believe these moves show this.

None of my moves were spoken of, and I want them too ¬.¬ *Acts like a 5 yr old*

I honestly think there should be no new moves its created, no non-legendary has his own unique move, save for vespiqueen, whose moves aren't even unique, and pikachu (I think its the only one?). So lets just make it realistic

Yes I know it's not create a move, but blame Gothic Togekiss. Anyways 555 set ftw

Name: Cuccoon
Support
Acc: N/A
PP: (Unsure of Roost PP)
Effect: Regains 50% of Health and removes Bug Type for turn of use.

Like an Bug type version of Roost.

Removing of Ice type is somewhat better since it provide no redeeming resistance said Ice.

Metamorphisise
Support
Acc.: 60%
Changes Bug Typing to resist the type of last attack

Always believed Bug's should have these abilities

Please explain how this would work and it's benefits

Other move, which I've been given some thought, Which is like Marmite (either love it or hate it)

Name: Unsure
Support
Acc.: N/A
Effect: Splits the pokemon into 2 seperate entities at half stats. Only works in Double Battle

Bugs have always been an adaptive organism to any situation, I believe these moves show this.

Hm....seem too gimmickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)