CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 7, part 2

What will be the art design of our new pokemon (PICK TWO)?

• CyzirVisheen

Votes: 92 59.4%
  • just some chick

Votes: 77 49.7%
  • Soy-Monk

Votes: 56 36.1%
  • DougJustDoug #2

Votes: 47 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as Calciphoce. Soy Monk's looks like a digimon. I like DougJustDug's, but it pales in comparison to Cyzir's, and justsomechick's.

Cyzir and Soy's characters don't look like pokemon at all. They are drawn well, but shouldn't our pokemon look like a pokemon if its going to represent our board? This isn't Dragon Ball Z or Alien vs. Predator. It's Pokemon. Comon guys.

I only voted for 1 (the first one), because I don't like the other 3 at all. Just some chick's doesn't really reflect the pokemon's 121 base speed. it looks slow to me. I can't see it outrunning a teleporting psychic type like alakazam. lol I'm not even sure where I'm going with this. but just some chicks would've been my second choice.

wow, what is with all the detail =/= Pokemon?

Imagine the Ice Crystals on Cyzir's as feathers, tada, not any more complicated then Ho-oh or Fearow. Or lets look at Tentacruel and its multitude of feathers. Or maybe Tangrowth. And Soy-Monk's is just as detailed as Tyranitar or Rhyperior.

Yeah, detail is uncommon, but not unheard of in Pokemon.

Cyzir and Soy's characters don't look like pokemon at all. They are drawn well, but shouldn't our pokemon look like a pokemon if its going to represent our board? This isn't Dragon Ball Z or Alien vs. Predator. It's Pokemon. Comon guys.
Agreeing with this post. So I voted JSC and Doug.

seconded 1 & 3.

i like just some chicks. but it does not fit the stat distribution or discussed movepool for this pokemon. cyzir visheen's can be chilled out for spriting, and soy monks is the next best. just some chicks looks like it's meant for support. a bug version of lopunny.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
1 and 2 had my vote. It was a shame that my KoA bug didn't live to the second round, but that's life.

Those two were my favorites aside from my own because I'm a conceited asshole. :P

So the only reason you guys aren't voting for Soy is because it's detailed? Weirdos. Remember these are the drawings, like Ken Sugimoris. We haven't even gone down to sprite form yet.

Does Azelf look aggressive to you? Because it's one of the most powerful sweepers in the metagame.
Hey, look, it's my opinion. No need to ask me to justify it. This is all a matter of opinion, and personally, I don't think just some chick's image looks aggressive enough.

Azelf.. is a "legendary." So whatever, by knowing that, I already assume that it's going to be a powerful Pokemon.

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you should accuse me for my OWN opinion. Jeez. Just some chick is at 2nd place anyway. *waves*

Hey, look, it's my opinion. No need to ask me to justify it. This is all a matter of opinion, and personally, I don't think just some chick's image looks aggressive enough.

Azelf.. is a "legendary." So whatever, by knowing that, I already assume that it's going to be a powerful Pokemon.

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you should accuse me for my OWN opinion. Jeez. Just some chick is at 2nd place anyway. *waves*
Calm down, you're acting like you're being attacked, which you're not. And I actually agree with him. A pokemon doesn't have to look aggressive to be a beast.

Edit: I think Togekiss is adorable, yet we must all agree, he is a beast. Again, don't match power with appearance.

well, its time for JSC and Cyzir to duel it out.

also, I don't get why most people who voted for Soy Monk also voted for Cyzir's. That's not helping Soy Monk win. Same thing with those who prefer Just Doug's. It just seems counterintuitive.

Calm down, you're acting like you're being attacked, which you're not. And I actually agree with him. A pokemon doesn't have to look aggressive to be a beast.

Edit: I think Togekiss is adorable, yet we must all agree, he is a beast. Again, don't match power with appearance.
Heh, the way I read the question it sounded like it, but alright. ^_^

Haha, good then. I don't necessarily think that an ice/bug Pokemon that's supposed to have "close combat" and "megahorn," since everyone's talking about it should.. look like that. It just doesn't fit right in my mind. That's all I'm saying, because to me, it doesn't look agressive enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)