Some sort of Egg 'RNG' Abuse (Read the first post!)

the female one is i dunno but the judge will say, stats are something but no specific ones. so maybe below 10 right?
The IV Judge can tell with 100% certainty which stats are 31 and which are 0. If you have a 31/31/31/31/31/31 male Squirtle and a 0/0/0/0/0/0 female Squirtle, then the stat that the IV judge does not mention for the baby is the random stat. If he mentions them all, then the random stat by chance was either 0 or 31 (and it will be impossible to know which one was random). I thought this was the problem you were having, but I seem to have misunderstood. Hope this answers your question.

Ability Capsule only works for standard abilities. It does not allow you to switch from hidden ability to standard ability and vice versa. If you are certain you do not want the HA, then using a mother that does not have one reduces that chance to zero I think. It can be quite annoying if you keep having the HA, when you don't want it.
I mean that you should use TEST mothers with the HA. You should only use a real HA mother if you actually want the HA. So if you're not using an HA mother, then you don't have to pay attention to the test child's ability because you can always switch between the two on the real one. But if you are using an HA mother then if the test child doesn't have the HA then you just reset and move on to the next egg.

So at the minimum, you only need four test mothers to cover every gender ratio, all with the HA and in the same egg group so you don't have to have multiple test fathers. (Torchic, Munna, Miltank, and Minccino). The test father also has to have a different nature so Everstone can be tested. That is, of course, if 1:4 and 4:1 gender ratios are compatible and if female-only is compatible with male-only. Which still needs to be tested. I've already tested that female-only is compatible with genderless but only once so other people should try it out.

Last edited:
It hasn't been confirmed yet, but based on a post SomeRandomKid made, it seems that it's a possibility. Check on the last page if you want to see the post. Also, I intend to test this at some point if no one else has.
I read SomeRandomKid's post and I think that what happened to him might have to do with the fact that the ditto he used in the second breed was no longer foreign, making it so the masuda method would no longer work and the chance of getting a shiny lowered. As far as my research went, I have seen more than one person saying they retained the shiny factor after resetting and keeping the parents the same, which is exactly the opposite of what we want. If you do test this out, after getting a shiny try breeding again with the same parents multiple times to see if the new eggs are still shiny. Thanks for the help

Can someone please explain to me why it isn't simpler to just use two Magikarp of the same nature, while holding an everstone to ensure the offspring is the same nature, and then just compare the stats directly instead of using an IV calculator?

For instance, assume I have a male and female magikarp, both Lax.

Now assume their lvl 50 stats are as such:

Male 60/65/70/75/80/85
Female 10/15/20/25/30/35

If the offspring comes out 10/41/70/75/30/35 then I wouldn't need to use an IV calculator, right? It becomes apparent? I just feel like this is simpler than using IV calculators.

If I'm incorrect please let me know, that's just how it seems in my mind.

[Edit] In my eyes the only reason to specifically calculate IV's is to see if you end up with a 31 in the randomized stat, in which case doing an IV calculator has a benefit so you can make a 6 IV pokemon.

Last edited:
Can someone please explain to me why it isn't simpler to just use two Magikarp of the same nature, whole holding an everstone to ensure the offspring is the same nature, and then just compare the stats directly instead of using an IV calculator?

For instance, assume I have a male and female magikarp, both Lax.

Now assume their lvl 50 stats are as such:

Male 60/65/70/75/80/85
Female 10/15/20/25/30/35

If the offspring comes out 10/41/70/75/30/35 then I wouldn't need to use an IV calculator, right? It becomes apparent? I just feel like this is simpler than using IV calculators.

If I'm incorrect please let me know, that's just how it seems in my mind.

[Edit] In my eyes the only reason to specifically calculate IV's is to see if you end up with a 31 in the randomized stat, in which case doing an IV calculator has a benefit so you can make a 6 IV pokemon.
This is actually what I've been doing, since the IV calculator I use hasn't been updated to Gen 6 yet. It's a little more time consuming, but it's much more reliable than estimating IV's by using similair pokemon to make a comparison.

People said Magickarps only work with 50/50 ratios. Well I'm watching the stream and this guy is using karps to make perfect froakies, and it's working. I thought since froakie is 87/12 karps wouldnt work with it ?

People said Magickarps only work with 50/50 ratios. Well I'm watching the stream and this guy is using karps to make perfect froakies, and it's working. I thought since froakie is 87/12 karps wouldnt work with it ?
I've always been led to believe that Froakie is 50/50. Is this not the case?

Has anybody in the thread talked about shininess and eggs? I've been working on egg abusing for a female starter using female combee(gender ratio 1/8) and a foreign male combee. I figure I might as well see if I get a shiny combee. I just hatched one, and since I saved the game right before, I reset, and got the same egg, and hatched again to confirm that it stayed shiny.

I then reset and switched to a Masuda Honedge (gender ratio 1/2) as they were my only Masuda parents, hatched the exact same egg, and it is shiny!
Can also confirm switching the parents to nonMasuda ones does not make the egg come out shiny.

Last edited:
I mean that you should use TEST mothers with the HA. You should only use a real HA mother if you actually want the HA. So if you're not using an HA mother, then you don't have to pay attention to the test child's ability because you can always switch between the two on the real one.

So you only need four test mothers to cover every gender ratio, all with the HA and in the same egg group so you can use one test father. (Torchic, Pachirisu, Miltank, and Minccino). The test father also has to have a different nature so Everstone can be tested. That is, of course, if 1:4 and 4:1 gender ratios are compatible and if female-only is compatible with male-only. Which still needs to be tested. I've already tested that female-only is compatible with genderless but only once so other people should try it out.
Read what happened to my Riolu. It is not 100% accurate when you change the gender ratio. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Or it's a coincidence it came out right (e.g. it came from the Male according to the test baby and due to the gender ratio difference, it actually came from the female, but both male and female parent had a perfect stat).

Btw, why use Miltank w/ HA as a test parent, why not Petilil w/ HA? Miltank was a bitch to find.

Last edited:
Read what happened to my Riolu. It is not 100% accurate when you change the gender ratio. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Or it's a coincidence it came out right (e.g. it came from the Male according to the test baby and due to the gender ratio difference, it actually came from the female, but both male and female had a perfect stat).

Btw, why use Miltank w/ HA as a test parent, why not Petilil w/ HA? Miltank was a bitch to find.
Miltank is because it's in the Field Egg Group.

Has anybody in the thread talked about shininess and eggs? I've been working on egg abusing for a female starter using female combee(gender ratio 1/8) and a foreign male combee. I figure I might as well see if I get a shiny combee. I just hatched one, and since I saved the game right before, I reset, and got the same egg, and hatched again to confirm that it stayed shiny.

I then reset and switched to a Masuda Honedge (gender ratio 1/2) as they were my only Masuda parents, hatched the exact same egg, and it is shiny!
Can also confirm switching the parents to nonMasuda ones does not make the egg come out shiny.
So you use a female combee and foreign male combee.

Then you used a foreign Honedge, male or female? And what was the other parent? Non-foreign, male or female?

Miltank is because it's in the Field Egg Group.
Why does the egg group matter in this case? She's just a test parent right? Or there is something I don't know about this particular egg group, what's special about it? edit: Nvm, I got it.

Last edited:
So you use a female combee and foreign male combee.
Then you used a foreign Honedge, male or female? And what was the other parent? Non-foreign, male or female?
I switched to a non-foreign male honedge and foreign female honedge.

Read what happened to my Riolu. It is not 100% accurate when you change the gender ratio. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Or it's a coincidence it came out right (e.g. it came from the Male according to the test baby and due to the gender ratio difference, it actually came from the female, but both male and female parent had a perfect stat).

This guy must've got lucky every single time then .___.

This guy must've got lucky every single time then .___.
You know, I seem to have been lucky every single time with Torchic too. The only time I was unlucky, was when there was a Ditto involved acting as the Female. So that's why I think Ditto might screw things up with gender ratio's. But I can't confirm it.

You know, I seem to have been lucky every single time with Torchic too. The only time I was unlucky, was when there was a Ditto involved acting as the Female. So that's why I think Ditto might screw things up with gender ratio's. But I can't confirm it.
oh yeah ! he wasnt using dittos. you may just be right.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I've been hearing many things about Ditto

So does Ditto count as:
1. The opposite gender of whatever you put in? Or,
2. Always counts as the mom so if you put in a female the female mom counts as the "dad" for passing down stats?

Also, how do abilities work with this? Are they locked or not?

If the PID works like in the previous generations, the gender ratio should not influence the shininess in a bit.

The Dittos in the 5th generation are known to shift the PIDs by one frame, which is likely to cause a shiny not to be on the frame you were expecting them when you do not check them properly. They are very likely to still screw up shininess when you did the tests with non-Dittos and therefore shouldn't be used for testing.

@above
from using this method about 100 times 8i can safetly say gender/ability/ivs are locked. however nature can be manipulated with the everstone

@above
from using this method about 100 times 8i can safetly say gender/ability/ivs are locked. however nature can be manipulated with the everstone
It is probably safe to say that abilities are not PID locked anymore, considering that it is possible to change the ability in a pinch via Ability Capsule and that the ability is somehow inheritable. IVs have been generated seperately since BW.

What we cannot say for sure yet is if the gender is still affected by the PID. In order to do that one needs to use regular test parents, then switch to Ditto/parent and see if the gender is really the same in every case or if they only have been the same by chance.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'm really asking this because the test parents I'm using (HA Drilbur female and Ditto) sometimes land on Mold Breaker and the Timburr that I'm resetting for atm has landed on Sheer Force 9 times already

The "test" baby ATM has Mold Breaker and I' getting nothing but Sheer Force out of resetting and I really want Guts

This means that this method does actually lock if the pokemon is shiny or not. The only way to change this is to change from nonMasuda to Masuda and vice-versa. This is bad news for those who wanted to have the 6IV locked on a pokemon and then SR for a shiny, such as myself :(
Thanks for this data, saves me a lot of time.

I'm really asking this because the test parents I'm using (HA Drilbur female and Ditto) sometimes land on Mold Breaker and the Timburr that I'm resetting for atm has landed on Sheer Force 9 times already

The "test" baby ATM has Mold Breaker and I' getting nothing but Sheer Force out of resetting and I really want Guts
Assuming they haven't changed the mechanics too much: The regular abilities are always generated but there is a second flag with higher priority that determines if the HA is passed down if the female happes to have a HA. So if you hit the same frame without a HA, it will get one of its normal abilities over and over, basicly just like in BW.

I did a quick test about the ditto thing:

First pair: Blaziken (M) (HA) + ditto
Result: F/E/M/M/R(23)/F

Second pair: Chespin (M) (HA) + torchic (F) (HA)
Result: F/M/M/M/R(23)/F

Conclusion: ditto does not affect this method, at the very least not in a guaranteed way (aka shifting forward the PID by 1) (at least as far as stats are concerned. It might be different for HA male + ditto vs male + HA female, but I doubt it). Unfortunately I forgot to make note of the genders and abilities of the hatched torchics (I think they were both male though. I usually notice females). I doubt ditto changes anything, since it seems this whole "bug" is caused by locking in the PID of the rejected egg. Even with a ditto it seems to be pulling the same PID, not shifting it forward one (which makes sense since it's not generating it then).

Also, concerning shinyness- we only know that masuda shinyness is locked. To prove all shinyness is locked we would have to reset a non masuda shiny, reset and possibly change the parents, and get another shiny. But with the PID theory it probably is locked.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)