Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I thread of Sega is probably lying to us

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm still waiting for impressions from outlets that aren't dogshit (ie. not IGN). I don't care about the score as much as I care about why they like the game.

Sonic Colors actually looks great. I love SA2B so I'm always willing to give 3D Sonic games a chance. I'm looking forward to it.

But Sonic Adventure 2 got a 9.4 from IGN if I recall. So highest rated since Sonic and Knuckles? I don't think so. Either way, an 8.5 is pretty impressive no matter what you're comparing it to. :/
An 8.5 for any Sonic game this generation is pretty mind blowing tbh.

I'll have to pick this up when I buy Brotherhood next week.

Since this seems to be a catchall Sonic topic: I absolutely hate the voice actor overhaul (experienced via Sonic Free Riders), and that's pretty much enough to kill Sonic Colors for me. It's that bad, nobody sounds the same :/

Since this seems to be a catchall Sonic topic: I absolutely hate the voice actor overhaul (experienced via Sonic Free Riders), and that's pretty much enough to kill Sonic Colors for me. It's that bad, nobody sounds the same :/
I got used to Sonic by the end (still a little weird though) and I thought new Tails was great (what prompted this voice changing anyway?). Eggman's the same as he's been since the shift from Adventure 2 to Heroes (that change was unavoidable, his old VA died). I loved the silly direction Colours went in with the story and cutscenes, Tails's translator being a highlight. Also, Baldy Nosehair.

Gameplay-wise, Colours was great in my opinion. Sure, it's like Unleashed day stages, but that's in no way a bad thing. My only real complaint is with some of the Wisp powers (the blue one being a pretty stupid concept IMO, and the purple can be hard to control).

Yeah, I'm not very good at attempting to review stuff.

...That's actually one of the worse reasons to dislike a Sonic game.

...Gameplay still looks good, though.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So you're saying the voices went from terrible to a different type of terrible?

So you're saying the voices went from terrible to a different type of terrible?
I actually never had a problem with the previous voice actors. The Sonic X crew fit the bill really well, while the new crew just butchers 12 years of voice precedence. They don't even sound similar unlike the Adventure -> Sonic X transition.

@MegaMewtwo: Yeah Tails is improved, I'll give that.

...That's actually one of the worse reasons to dislike a Sonic game.
I'll admit that I'm being a little harsh criticizing the game without trying it, but it's hardly a bad reason to dislike a game (or rather, not look forward to it).

...Then play for the gameplay, which seems to have gotten much better.

Best part?

NO WEREHOGGEN. NO SWORDS. NO "IBLIS TRIGGA!"

JUST SONIC. (and Wisps, but they help rather than hurt the gameplay.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)