Soul Dew XY OU Team

Hey fellow Smogons, To be Honest 6th gen OU isn't my best metagame at all. So I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on how to improve this team. I'm happy to take any suggestions that are thrown out there.

Mamoswine (M) @
Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Mamoswine is my lead of course, Mamo has the ability to setup Stealth Rocks and sweep when necessary. Ice Shard proves to be a viable move choice because it helps with Dragon types and Pokemon with Low HP. Endeavor is used as a last resort before Mamoswine is about to KO'ed. The 252 speed ev's helps a lot when your put into this situation.

What's Skill? (Ta
lonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
This is really the only Talonflame set that I'll use. I find that a Swords Danced Talonflame is a risky choice. Talonflame's niche ability is Gale Wings. Gale Wings paired up with Brave Bird can do a lot of damage to the other team, at times it can sweep teams if played correctly.

Acrobatics (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Extrasensory

So far Greninja is still proving that he is my favorite 6th Gen Pokemon. He has a fairly versatile move pool. I found that Rotom-Wash gave me a lot of trouble when I didn't have Hidden Power Grass on my Greninja, so that's the reasoning behind that. As well as HP Grass, Extrasensory is helps provide decent coverage against Ghost types and other foes. The reasoning behind the 0 atk IV's is partially because Greninja is one of my special sweepers it also helps counters moves like Foul Play a little bit better.

Dnite (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw

This is your usually DNite DD set, physical sweeper, etc. Extremespeed is almost a must have. Dragon Claw is a replace of Outrage, because it doesn't lock you up in confusion.

Soul Dew (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Sludge Bomb

Now to Gengar, he's another special sweeper of mine like Greninja. The reasoning behind the 0 atk IV's are the same as Greninja's 0 atk IV's, although Gengar is much more affected by moves like Foul Play. Dazzling Gleam helps me deal with Dragon Types.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Protect

Blissey is Blissey really no matter what Gen. Blissey is my status curer for the team, she's really the anchor for this team. 0 atk IV's are the same as Gengar and Greninja, it doesn't really need any because Seismic Toss already does a set standard amount of damage.

PS: The one thing that I've noticed about this team is that Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock really throw off this team. It eventually wares this team down, like they do to many teams, however this team doesn't have a spinner or anything like that, so there more vulnerable to Spikes, etc. I would put an importable version without just copy and pasting the text. Might as well take advantage of Pastebin. http://pastebin.com/7PKJ7UJy

Attachments

Last edited:
For Mamoswine, I'd question the need for speed. If you're trying to avoid getting taunted, who are you going to outspeed?

Talonflame's set is perfect.

Greninja's set is great, but I like to include Taunt on my 'ninjas.

Dragonite's set is also great, but I'd go for Lum Berry or Weakness Policy.

For Gengar I'd replace either T-bolt or Dazzling Gleam with Substitute to make up for low defenses and avoid Sucker Punch or something else I don't know... Gengar can do many things.

For Blissey I'd go for Calm nature over Bold nature. Eviolite Chansey is a superior replacement unless you have too much trouble with predicting Knock Off.

Hey there! Going to give a quick rate aswell. I can see that you are using Mamoswine as something of a suicide lead. I'd really question the need for a suicide lead hazard setter, as your team can't really support the suicide lead. Suicide leads need quite a lot of team support, because otheriwse, you are just plainly playing a 5-6 match from the start, and it doesn't help that hazards are quite easy to remove this generation, either with Rapid spin or Defog. In order to use suicide lead successfully, you need a spinblocker, and a Defiant user, as to discourage Defog. Even though you have Gengar, he can't really spinblock, as the most common rapid spinner, Excadrill, cleanly OHKOes with Mold Breaker EQ. I would suggest you find another setter for SR. It is a bit hard to outright replace Mamoswine, as he's quite a unique Pokemon in many regards, but one option could be to use Landorus-formes or Garchomp as hazard setters. All of them can put down considerable offensive pressure, and Lando-T can also work as a physically bulky pivot, who can take the Fighting-type moves aimed at Chansey (you should replace Blissey with Chansey). However, if you decide to stick with Mamoswine, you should definitely switch Thick Fat to Oblivious, as this gen Oblivious prevents Taunt, so that's absolutely mandatory for you. I also agree with Zibbity in the regard that Dragonite should run either Lum Berry or Weakness Policy. Overall, I'd suggest Lum Berry, as with that you can boost against status users, such as Rotom-W, Thundurus and Gliscor. If you were to use Outrage (which I recommend, since he is your sweeper, you need to deal as much damage as possible), Lum Berry also cures you from confusion if there are no status users left on the opposing team. If using an offensive Gengar, you really want to use Destiny Bond. It's one of the best tools that Gengar can have, as you can take down offensive threats you can't otherwise, and it lets you get past Sucker Punch (and mainly, Bisharp). Destiny Bond could replace Dazzling Gleam, as it gives you redundant coverage otherwise. You could also consider trying Focus Blast instead of Thunderbolt, mainly for Bisharp.

As you said yourself, your team could really use a rapid spinner or a defogger. This is mainly because Talonflame can't function well without hazard removal, and Dragonite is very reliant on it also. It's a bit hard to suggest anything right off the bat, but I do believe you should make room for hazard removal. Excadrill and Starmie are good fits if you want Rapid spin, while there's an abundance of reliable Defoggers, such as M-Scizor, Lati twins, Mandibuzz, Skarmory and Zapdos. I would suggest you give one of these Pokemon a shot. Good luck teambuilding!

Thanks for the suggestions, Timpsu, I will definitely tryout Excadrill/Garchomp on this team. The only problem I have with Excadrill is that he tends to be a little to one-dimensional (as in a pure attacker).

Maybe try focus blast on gengar so you can hit tyrantiar and heatran for super effective damage and for the defog/rapid spinner problem you could try out mega bulky scizor or offensive defog latios

Theres way too many knock off users this gen, making eviolite less viable imo
The knock off users are extremely predictable and Chansey shouldn't be staying in on most of them anyways. You're using Chansey wrong if you're trying to wall Bisharp

The knock off users are extremely predictable and Chansey shouldn't be staying in on most of them anyways. You're using Chansey wrong if you're trying to wall Bisharp
This is true but I still feel like Leftovers is a more valuable item on a Blissey than Eviolite on a Chansey. But, I suppose it's just preference

Nah man Eviolite Chansey is where it's at, just don't leave it in against Conk or Bisharp or things that commonly spam knock off (aka all things that threaten Blissey just as much)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)