SS OU Specs Heatran + protective pads urshifu (150 peak on the ladder)

Hi! this is my first post so i hope everybody enjoys it and im open for comments. I started the team thinking about using urshifu (while the other urshifu was destroying the ou meta). I really like the synergy that rilla- heatran have and i wanted to spice it up. The double choice option gives the team a lot of dmg so i added some defensive mons like lando with rocks and toxic and hydreigon with the earth power /defog set. Then i realized that the team was too slow so i gave lele the scarf. Lets see each pokemon closer and observe how this team works.

Urshifu
1611147564868.png

I like urshifu lead against a lot of the common leads in the meta (it was better when the other one was still around but it's good enough). He crashes Lando, exca and hippo leads. Other pokemon like suckle, cinderace and swampert could fear the banded set that gives u more space to inflict more dmg. It's decent againts rain (with the proper prediction) doing 73% / 86% to defensive pelipper and OKs the offensive one. Its very good against the ferro switches thanks to the protective pads, denying the additional dmg and giving chance to a close combat. This gives urshifu a lot of value on the first turns: denying pelipper roost in exchange for dmg to urshifu or momentum; that can provide a kill if the following turns u make the propper prediction. Since u cant get para with PD, defensive zapdos its not longer a problem and an offensive one cant take two. Outside rain, Finit counters urshifu (in ou) but u can thunder punch (making 32%/ 38%) or u turn into rilla. Slowbro is also a big counter but u can get the para on beast or switch to hydreigon. This pivot in hydreigon is not bad because thanks to the dragon typing fairys are usually going out and heatran gets on them a free switch. The offensive counters that urshifu suffers (like rillaboom, Lele, electric types, or psychic) are walled by hydreigon (that leads to the same scenario). You need to respect d.d dragonite or kartana coming on s.s because without lando or heatran (depending on the set) u can loose pretty easy. Special mention to amoonguss that can spore /sludge bomb the team on every attack: u need to u turn on the switch and gain some value with heatran.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Protective Pads
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- U-turn

Heatran

1611147546174.png

This is an absolute monster. Specs eruption Heatran has no switch-ins on most teams and u must capitalize that. The grassy terrain gives u the recovery u need when rocks are up or u take some chip dmg. With rocks and no heavy-duty boots blissey its 2HKO the 98% even at full health (same as full sp. defensive toxa). Chansey is the only mon that can handle this beast and it needs to recover if it doesn´t want to get 2HKO the next time. You have to keep in mind most people will not be expecting this set so there will be a lot of turns when u can fire off eruptions but u have to adopt an offensive playstyle. U can switch in Heat vs clef or magearna (if it is set-up) or using u turn vs a switch or a predict too. Earth power destroys other heatran that can absorb ur fire attacks and flash cannon is ur reliable stab. Fire blast is good when heatran can be dmged or its low health. This team uses heatran power to break the opponent and then use rilla and lele t finishes the work. If u wanna be risky and u think that heatran is faster than the opposite lando-lead u can try erupt turn 1 and get a free kill but u must be careful because heatran can be key later in the match. The modest nature matters if u are trying to 2HKO sp. defensive toxapex and blissey but the timid nature can help with certain mons. I recomend modest. U can switch fire blast and use Magma storm instead for trapping toxapex but the accuracy can harm u a lot.

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

Rillaboom

1611147526108.png

Rillaboom is the other hard hitter of the team. It provides the grassy surge that helps heatran and urshifu and gives the needy priority for the team. With Knock off can cripple Zapdos, moltres and mandibuzz on the switch and KO them later with rocks up. Rillaboom its a great mon overall and its very easy to slap on teams. The inmidiate power of CB makes its priority very strong KOing almost any neutral mon at full and cut down to half on resistances. It gives a good answer to CM Tapu fini (but you have to be careful if it has scald since u change the misty terrain on the switching) and can KO Toxapex with Wood Hammer, which is a nuke on neutral. U-turn gives u momentum against other grass types, fire types (apart from moltres) and dragons like Latios or Hydreigon. Zapdos, Moltres or rocky helmet can abuse the spam of the move chipping Rilla with para, burn or dmg but knock off solves the problem in this cases. Rillaboom helps a lot with S.D Garchomp, Spectrier, Nidoking and rain.

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Hydreigon

1611147428988.png

Hydreigon is the Spectrier counter on the team and provides defog for the team. It can check other Heatran, Moltres, Rillaboom, Nidoking and defensive zapdos (offensive one in rain is too powerful to take two). With STAB dark pulse deals really good dmg to neutral common switches like Landorus-Therian or Corviknight. Earth power covers the fairys, specially Magearna ( its a 2HKO with rocks). The last one is roost for reliable recovery. Hydreigon is a tanky that provides a lot of utility and dmg for the team. Its good speed in the meta also provides a fast defog vs some hard hittes that are slower. Dark-dragon is a very good defensive/offensive typing and it really paids off. It also can be use to switch in Thornadus´ hurricanes but u have to watch out for focus blast.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

Landorus-Therian

1611147402538.png

Landorus-Therian is the best stealth rocker in the game. With intimidate its a very useful pivot on Cinderace (that otherwise runs over the team), Dragonite, Excadril, Garchomp etc... U must be careful with him because u need toxic to beat Dragonite or Garchomp. Knock off is very good helping Rillaboom sweeping ability, knocking heavy-duty, or leftovers. The speed EV are good for outspeeding modest heatran that KO Lando with eruption, and the rest in bulk. U turn is very good too, letting Heatran in easily vs Buzzwole or corvi.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 176 HP / 188 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Tapu Lele

1611147377167.png

Tapu Lele scarf is the revenge killer of the team. I thought the fairy type was needed but it also needed a speed pike. Its dmg is still ridiculous and there is a lot of dragons in the meta. U can hard switch in vs garchomp scale shot and out speed it (its a 1HKO). 1 D.D Dragonite is slower but u need some chip before u can kill it. U can use lando´s toxic for that. It's good vs all the dragons and 2HKO the steel types with focus blast but u need to worry about that accuracy. U can bluff the specs vs blissey to force switching and can sweep on its own. It has good sinergy with Heatran and Hydreigon, making steel and ghost types less threating for the team and giving Lele more opportunities to shine.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

This is an offenisve team. U need to use Heatran and Urshifu to weak the walls, removing items with lando and Rilla and preassure with Hydreigon and Lele. With propper prediction u can make a lot of dmg in the first turns, specially Heatran with eruption. There are some difficult matchups like Thornadus in rain, Kartana or specs magearna. U cant be out of position vs them and must preassure a lot. Its risky but it will pay off.

https://pokepast.es/9fb68f01dce1b64c

overall a really good team, just be warned, your gonna need some smart play. While i cant think of a specific pokemon that deals with your whole team, certain mons can destroy your team if its particular check goes down. Also besides lando, you dont have many defensive pivots, so if the opponent makes aggressive plays, and/or baits a particular mon in, you likely will have a hard time switching in teammates unless you sacrifice a certain mon, which is risky on its own.

overall a really good team, just be warned, your gonna need some smart play. While i cant think of a specific pokemon that deals with your whole team, certain mons can destroy your team if its particular check goes down. Also besides lando, you dont have many defensive pivots, so if the opponent makes aggressive plays, and/or baits a particular mon in, you likely will have a hard time switching in teammates unless you sacrifice a certain mon, which is risky on its own.
Thank u very much for the comment. Yeah, there are a few mons that can be very dangerous. The way around it is using Lele and the priority or making aggressive doubles to gain offensive momentum. U can change urshifu for Rotom-wash to make it more defensive and a better matchup against rain or use defensive wish jirachi for kartana. I try out these options but there are to defensive for me and my playstyle maybe u can make better results with them. Sry if my English is bad and I really appreciate the comment.

I really like the team and I find it funny how you start lando's description with " best stealth rocker in the game " and then not give him stealth rock
damm bro I mess up aahhahaahha. I usually use rocks over knock off but both options are good. I really appreciate the comment and I am very glad u like it

damm bro I mess up aahhahaahha. I usually use rocks over knock off but both options are good. I really appreciate the comment and I am very glad u like it
The most common Heatran switch-in, Hydreigon, can comfortably live an eruption and roost off some of the damage/fire back an earth power to significantly weaken Eruption's power. Many Hydreigon run max speed timid, but some only EV for Max Speed Modest. Try running Timid on Heatran?

Also consider another mon in place of Landorus-T, maybe another stealth rocker like Nidoking or Swampert. Rillaboom's Grassy terrain halves Lando-T's EQ damage, so if Grassy terrain is up Lando-T might not be able to do much and might just end up sinking momentum.

The most common Heatran switch-in, Hydreigon, can comfortably live an eruption and roost off some of the damage/fire back an earth power to significantly weaken Eruption's power. Many Hydreigon run max speed timid, but some only EV for Max Speed Modest. Try running Timid on Heatran?

Also consider another mon in place of Landorus-T, maybe another stealth rocker like Nidoking or Swampert. Rillaboom's Grassy terrain halves Lando-T's EQ damage, so if Grassy terrain is up Lando-T might not be able to do much and might just end up sinking momentum.
Hydreigon switch in its not a big problem and flash cannon deals a lot of dmg ( around 65%). If it is defensive rillaboom is a good switch in and gain momentum with u turn (dealing 70.80%). Also as a defensive play u can go lando and toxic or ur own hydreigon. A more aggressive play is going to Lele take a bit of chip and force a KO.
Nidoking doesn't give the defensive backbone that lando provides and can make the team more difficult to maneuver. On the other hand swampert can be very good but opens up dragonite and doesn't have the intimidate support. Grassy terrain can be a problem but if u play smart around it and use Lele´s terrain it will be okey. If u want to make a more defensive team and use swampert u can replace urshifu for shuca-jirachi and it will be okey. Thx for the comment I really appreciate it.

Hydreigon switch in its not a big problem and flash cannon deals a lot of dmg ( around 65%). If it is defensive rillaboom is a good switch in and gain momentum with u turn (dealing 70.80%). Also as a defensive play u can go lando and toxic or ur own hydreigon. A more aggressive play is going to Lele take a bit of chip and force a KO.
Nidoking doesn't give the defensive backbone that lando provides and can make the team more difficult to maneuver. On the other hand swampert can be very good but opens up dragonite and doesn't have the intimidate support. Grassy terrain can be a problem but if u play smart around it and use Lele´s terrain it will be okey. If u want to make a more defensive team and use swampert u can replace urshifu for shuca-jirachi and it will be okey. Thx for the comment I really appreciate it.
I wasn't talking about how Hydreigon will be difficult to KO, I was just noting that Hydreigon may be able to switch in once or twice and force hazard damage on Heatran, which will weaken its Eruption, especially because you aren't lefties and grassy terrain isn't up all the time. Running timid may allow you to outspeed opposing Hydreigon and hit them with an eruption before they can earth power. Timid will also help you versus other walls that may be able to live a hit like SpDef Dragonite and Moltres.

I wasn't talking about how Hydreigon will be difficult to KO, I was just noting that Hydreigon may be able to switch in once or twice and force hazard damage on Heatran, which will weaken its Eruption, especially because you aren't lefties and grassy terrain isn't up all the time. Running timid may allow you to outspeed opposing Hydreigon and hit them with an eruption before they can earth power. Timid will also help you versus other walls that may be able to live a hit like SpDef Dragonite and Moltres.
Lets see. Timid Heatran can't 2HKO Blissey with rocks nor toxapex which are the most harder walls for hearten to break. Risking Heatran to Hydreigon if they are slower than u I don't think is a good play. U are not supposed to stay in, instead gain the momentum forcing Hydreigon to roost and gaining a free switch-in. Heatran is usually faster than Moltres or Dragonite (they have to invest a lot of evs if the are not running a favorable nature). I know grassy terrain is not always up and hazards are a problem but can get around it. U need all the power u can get to make Heatran worth so I think modest is the way to go. If Hydreigon is not a problem to KO why should Heatran be made worst for other matchups?

Why are you not running Stealth Rock? You should really drop Knock Off to be honest. The description says it is a great "Stealth Rocker". Was this a mistake..? Anyway, nice team

Why are you not running Stealth Rock? You should really drop Knock Off to be honest. The description says it is a great "Stealth Rocker". Was this a mistake..? Anyway, nice team
Yeah bro i messed up. U are right i usually use rocks over knock off. thx for the comment and im glad u like it

Fun team! but... I've been finding a lot of Zapdos-Galar, and (at least) in my hands he absolutely destroys this team.

How do you deal with him exactly?

Pads Urshifu is fire but you definitely need magma trap heatran to remove pex. you can even use power herb solar beam to surgically remove slowbro.

:sm/heatran:
Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

or

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SpD / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt

speed for magearna. toxic is good for slowbro, mandibuzz and shiz like that urshifu cant ohko

Pads Urshifu is fire but you definitely need magma trap heatran to remove pex. you can even use power herb solar beam to surgically remove slowbro.

:sm/heatran:
Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

or

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SpD / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt

speed for magearna. toxic is good for slowbro, mandibuzz and shiz like that urshifu cant ohko
Hey!!! Thx a lot for the comment! those set are fire too but toxapex is 2HKO with specs heatran at max health so idk if its worth. I will try the sets and see how it goes (speacially the solar beam set). Maybe u loose too much power with the defensive set but it can work with a more stally aprouch.

Fun team! but... I've been finding a lot of Zapdos-Galar, and (at least) in my hands he absolutely destroys this team.

How do you deal with him exactly?
Zapdos is indeed a big threat. The way u can approach the match is making agressive doubles and trade with lele or fireblasting with heatran. Knock off and rocks can help too. Hydreigon can switch in a few times but it can be overwhelmed. U can aslo try Rotom- Wash instead of urshifu with pains plit for a more deffensive team.

Almirante Matthew

Living an Euclidean life
Hi! I prove the team and I love it. The synergy of Rilla and Heatran is very good and make a lot of damage. Shifu protective pads is a few week if I compare with Band or Life orb, but is a good lead and destroy Moltres without care about Flame Body.

I only make two changes

In Urshifu: Aqua jet for Thunder Punch. I think Thunder Punch is too week if you don't have the choice band and Aqua Jet give a good priority, for example vs Exca under Sand.

In Heatran: Flametrhower for Fire Blast, but this is only a personal trauma for the accuracy XD, you can realize the decrease of the power

PD: sorry for my English :blobastonished:

Hi! I prove the team and I love it. The synergy of Rilla and Heatran is very good and make a lot of damage. Shifu protective pads is a few week if I compare with Band or Life orb, but is a good lead and destroy Moltres without care about Flame Body.

I only make two changes

In Urshifu: Aqua jet for Thunder Punch. I think Thunder Punch is too week if you don't have the choice band and Aqua Jet give a good priority, for example vs Exca under Sand.

In Heatran: Flametrhower for Fire Blast, but this is only a personal trauma for the accuracy XD, you can realize the decrease of the power

PD: sorry for my English :blobastonished:
Hi man! i aprecciate the coment andf im glad u liked the team. I think those changes are really good and im happy u changed it for better. Enjoy it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)