• Salamance Mega

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Primal Groudon

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey everyone,
I've been doing some work on my Ubers team lately, and have made some quite significant changes since the last incarnation(s) of it. I would, however, like to see what you guys think about it. Thanks!

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Extreme Speed
Arceus Ghost is an extremely powerful physical attacker, who also happens to be extremely fun to use. Swords Dance makes it even more powerful, and allows many OHKOs with Shadow Force, the most powerful STAB available to it. Brick Break provides vital coverage against normal types (i.e. EKiller Arceus and Mega Kanghaskan). Extreme Speed can finish off a weakened foe.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
Xerneas is my primary special attacker. Whilst this set is rather prepared for, it is still extremely effective. Geomancy turns it into a threatening sweeper/cleaner in one turn thanks to Power Herb. Moonblast is insanely powerful STAB, often netting OHKOs. Focus Blast hits P Groudon, Ferro and other steel types harder than Moonblast. Thunder is for Pogre and other flying types.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 216 Atk / 216 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Precipice Blades
Primal Groudon is another strong physical attacker in my team. Swords Dance increases its attack to sky high levels. Thunder Wave provides key speed control and can be good to use on a switch. Rock Slide deals with Ho Oh and other flying types. Precipice Blades provides insane power and forms a pseudo edgequake in tandem with rock slide.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh
- Roost
- Double-Edge
Mega Salamence is the final physical attacker in my squad. Dragon Dance turns him into a threatening sweeper and is good for the switches he forces due to intimidate. Refresh clears him of status, most notably burn and paralysis. Roost restores HP, and Aerilate boosted Double Edge provides such insane power that it doesn't matter if the opposing Pokemon resists it or not.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Naive Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
Deo-A is an effective revenge killer, and can finish off many mons, often getting 2 KOs in a row. Extreme Speed just gets some free kills and, as far as I'm aware, is the fastest one in the game. Psycho Boost is ridiculous STAB that does huge damage. Ice Beam hits Mega Mence, Yveltal, Rayquaza and other flying and/or Dragon types hard. Superpower tops off the coverage by hitting dark and steel types, as well as hitting other various mons hard.

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
Dialga is a solid support mon for my team, and helps against Xern and the Latis. Thunder Wave provides crucial speed control. Rocks allow it to deal chip damage and screw up Ho Oh. Flash Cannon hits Xern and achieves reasonable coverage with Draco Meteor, which hits quite hard. Shuca Berry can help against P Groudon and other earthquake users.

Thanks for reading guys. Any help will be appreciated, and feel free to point out all the dumb mistakes I've made. Also, sorry about the huge sprites, I just think they're more majestic than the other ones.
Bye

Cynara

Banned deucer.
This is a Pretty solid team, I have a similar build myself but with E killer > ghostceus, anyways there isnt much to say

I feel like facade > refresh would be better on salamence, refresh double edge seems like a redundant tatic here, Facade hits a nice 140 BP STAB move if salamence is statused and actually outpowers double edge,also helps keep up the offensive momentum and provides you a reliable way to KO targets that dont need double edge to OHKO them to avoid being punished by recoil too.

Honestly xerneas doesnt need focus blast coverage on this team, you have enough offensive pressure to take out Focus blasts relevant targets, I would run Aromatherapy > Focus blast. Aromatherapy provides the team with much more support, freeing them of status, this also allows justifies the refresh mence change above, furthermore it just makes xerneas much more reliable sweeping.

Optional change: Consider an alternative EV spread of 200 Def / 252 Spa / 56 speed on Xerneas. Besides ghostceus your team seems kinda weak to priority. this ev spread gives xerneas a chance vs +2 adamant LO e killer after rocks and can actually win 1v1 if E killer has not setup yet, it also lives a standard mence double edge unboosted the majority of the time.

I hope you take these changes into consideration and good luck with your team!

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I've also got pretty much the exact same squad. SD Arc Ghost + Shuca Dialga is sorta the natural permutation since the former is Mence setup and the later is one of the few solid Mence checks that fits well on offense. Dialga also takes SR from P Don or Deo which is how you end up with LO Deo-A and SD P Don.

This team works out pretty well, but some things your particular move sets and spreads might have to watch out for are Darkrai and double dance P Don. You can revenge Darkrai with Deo-A easily, and with Arc Ghost E Speed if it's really damaged, although you don't really have anything to absorb sleep comfortably. Double dance P Don can threaten both P Don and Dialga on this squad, and is able to tear up your Mega Salamence so long as it hits its Stone Edges when boosted.

Scarf Xern fixes the Darkrai problem well and has other utility, but it'll be letting certain Pokemon in more while decreasing this team's overall ability to wall break on the special side (you'll still have Deo-A though). Cranham said you can try Facade Mence, which is great as a non-sleep status sponge and Ho-Oh check, although it doesn't really help in particular with the double dance P Don threat. In your playing you'll have to focus on preventing it from being able to get both a SD and a RP, since this team can check it so long as it has one or the other.

I feel this team is far too Dark-weak to be siphoning Xern's HP EVs into Phys Def. This team is not strained for EKiller checks (Mega Mence + Arc Ghost + standard Geo Xern is about as good as offense can manage) and Mega Salamence is already covered thanks to Shuca Dialga. Since this team employs Pokemon such as Arceus-Ghost and Deoxys-A, which things like Yveltal can force out, Xerneas really wants that special bulk. Since both Dialga and P Don have no Fire-type coverage, Xern probs wants to keep Focus Blast so that it can break through Pokemon such as Ferrothorn. Although, if you feel that Xern doesn't really need to OHKO P Ogre, you can consider HP Rock over Thunder.

Your current Deoxys-A EV spread ties with Scarf Lando, so you might want to just add 4 more EVs from Attack so you beat that. I also think you might want to reconsider using Ice Beam. You say it's for Mega Salamence, Rayquaza, and Yveltal, but the first outspeeds you at +1 anyways while the later two just beat you with priority should you click Ice Beam. The only other things Ice Beam really hits are Gira-O (which beats you with priority again) and Shaymin-S (which is still KOed by Psycho Boost). I'd use Knock Off instead so you can hammer at Lati and other specially defensive Pokemon that resist Superpower. I'd also think about using something over Thunder Wave on Dialga if you ever feel that you don't really need it since most of the things that like to switch into Dialga don't really care about T Wave, maybe Fire Blast.

Summary:
- Consider using Scarf Xerneas over Geomancy Xerneas
- Consider Facade over Refresh on Mega Salamence
- Consider HP Rock over Thunder on Xerneas
- Run 192 Speed EVs on Deoxys-A
- Run Knock Off over Ice Beam on Deoxys-A
- Consider replacing Thunder Wave on Dialga

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)