Standard Singles with a Twist {OU RMT}

Standard Singles with a Twist {OU RMT} - NEED HELP!

How i made the team:
Basically i started off with Bronzong and Snorlax and toyed around with the idea of what would go with it.
Originally i came up with these options:
Infernape
Timid CM Suicune
DD Gyarados / CB Gyarados
DD Lum Mence
LO / CS Starmie
Bronzong {TR}
Snorlax {CB}
Breloom
Heatran

Now obviously thats way too many pokemon. So this is what my team resulted as BEFORE salamence went uber.

Infernape
Suicune
Mence
Bronzong
Snorlax
Breloom

I then decided to swap out breloom since my foes mence coverage was weak (and my friend kindly made a nice bulky heatran to slaughter those annoying mence)
but yeah smogon went and made mence uber which:
Defeated the need for my heatran
Killed off a good sweeper and my Breloom Counter.

So that was annoying.

I had to then change my team around to try and suit the fact that ive lost an intimidate, lost a DD'er and lost a breloom counter.

This is what i came up with. { CHANGES IN BOLD }

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 52 Atk / 252 Spd / 204 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fake Out
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Stealth rock / CURRENTLY TESTING GRASS KNOT WITH AID OF SR BRONZONG!

Basically infernape is an epic lead stealth rocks for well.. you know xD switch in damage. It’s just how i like my infernapes. It works for me. Fake out for stopping the opponants leads and fire blast and close combat for coverage. Infernape manages to deal with Machamp by faking out, then fire blasting then switching out to gyarados for the BP then KO with waterfall.
it deals with anything else by either faking out then stealth rocking or switching depending on my foe.

Naive and the EVs allow for a nice spread and coverage which gives me some good offence capabilities when faced with leads.

Not much else can be said about infernape, its your standard lead which works well to set up whats needed. It can cause some well earned damage but even so, i think he deserves his place for his usefullness.

Suicune @ Life Orb Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

this thing rapes like nothing ive seen before, after one CM there are few things in the metagame that can stop this monstrosity.
ive seen people try and trick it, send out zapdos's and vaporeons, salamences, flygons, the lot. All raped.
This was recently introduced to me by a glance over on smogon's suicune and the fact that i actually got owned by one of these just before reading it.. Clever me.
But more to the point Surf covers any fire types like infernape or heatran who want to intrude on my parade.
Ice beam OHKO's most celebi's after a CM or two which is ACE! along with pwning any breloom who wants to pop up and chat.
Hidden Power Electric is for those pain in the rear gyarados's who think they can set up on me cos i look like some sort of crocune!
As for why its on a team with trick room; it has immense coverage giving a wide variety of offencive capability and even in trick room, if needs be, can cause some good damage to the things quicker that it, if i choose to utilize it inside the trick room.

I was considering replacing with these:

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt

Jolly DD Gyarados... What a beast! This shatters walls and allows itself to set up by doing so and covers some of the weaknesses around my team like fire and fighting. It acts as a nice scizor counter and despite being jolly is still able to pull off some nice hits and KO’s. {Please Note: I have considered CB Gyarados as A) it takes loads of people by suprise and B) it rapes a lot of its counters like Zapdos :D}

DD gyarados is a major sweeper and replaces my mence loss nicely. He also helps counter anything which may wana take a good whack at my team like lucario.

OR

Starmie @ Choice Scarf / Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
Standard Scarf Starmie :D Quite a nice addition.
it provides some nice speedy KO's but may be swapped for a Life Orb'er.
Only problem is how good the foes prediction is :/

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Bronzong... The twist in my team, so to speak. I love this little guy since he throws my foes off by spinning in a nice trick room for them to eat up. I normally come in on a speedy annoying sweeper like azelf or flygon and set up through that. Then i have gyroball to slaughter them with and ofcourse a 0 Spe IV for maximum damage.

Ahh and some people have been wondering why the hell am i using a Trick Room on a team with things like DD Dragonite? Well... A) it catches many people off guard and B) they dont have to be used at the same time. Bronzong and Snorlax do a good enough job to not warrent an enter for a DD'er or the likes for 4 turns or so.

Plus it allows these two to move first for a bit :D

TESTING:
Tank
Leftovers / Lum Berry Levitate Sassy
Moveset IVs
~ Stealth Rock
~ Hidden Power Ice / Gyro Ball
~ Payback
~ Earthquake / Explosion / Hypnosis

EVs
252 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

Snorlax is bronzongs co driver so to speak, his partner in crime. With his choice band he acts as an amazing wall for things like starmie and suicune AND is able to deal immense damage to them when returning fire. When the trick room is up, thats when things get heated! Man this thing just RAPES when the trick room goes up, making OHKO’s left right and center to a lot of the pokemon in the metagame. I may consider swapping this for a Curse Lax however.

Why a snorlax on this team? Well its obvious, pursuit counters starmie's and anything else with a funny idea of being able to KO snorlax from the special side of the spectrum AND because of the trick room, it just turns this Choice Banded beast into a sweeper mid game.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Stone Edge
Fire Punch / Earthquake / Thunder Punch

Fire Punch for breloom, Stone Edge / Thunder Punch for Gyarados and other Waters.
Mainly there to counter breloom's spore.
This guy is replacing Mence for the simple reason; he was taken from OU to Uber.. I was using mence as my counter for Brelooms and their spore's because of my lum berry and most people dont think that they can get KO'ed by dragonites dragon claw after switching in... {I hope they are wrong :L cos it didnt happen with mence}

This is where Mence would have been but i am considering using this:

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Taunt
Earthquake
U-turn
Roost

Ahh my favourite wall breaker. This is for any pesky Skarmory’s or Blisseys who want a bit of Taunt action. It allows me to prevent whatever they are doing and if i want, u-turn to a suitable counter. Roost allows me to fight with blissey for a bit if i want since i can freely heal and the little fat bitch cant! :D and ofcourse my earthquake loves to eat up meat like blissey :D

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold (+Def, -SpA)
Recover
Thunder wave
Leech Seed
Psychic

The final pokemon in this pain in the butt team. It hax’s and leeches health, its a brilliant little critter! Blisseys, you like stall? This thing went to Russia and STALLED YOU! Snorlax wants a try? PHA! *seeds* HEALTH IS MIEN! Sweepers wana KO? *twave* >=] u was bragging? xD
I love this guy so much for his stalling capabilities.

Ofcourse i had breloom before this:

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Spore
Substitute
Focus Punch
Seed Bomb
This guy used to come in late game and rape anything it could either survive or outspeed! i <3 you breloom and Miss you :'(

OR

I'm considering changing the version of heatran i had but making it scarfed.
like this:

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Dragon Pulse
Pretty Standard tbh but still owns :)
i like it simply due to its explosion potential and coverage.

I still have:
Timid CM LO Cune.
CS / LO Starmie
Breloom
DD Lum Dragonite

Im considering replacing some of my pokemon with those.

Please aid me in suggesting what i can do.

How i made the team:
Basically i started off with Bronzong and Snorlax and toyed around with the idea of what would go with it.
Originally i came up with these options:
Infernape
Timid CM Suicune
DD Gyarados / CB Gyarados
DD Lum Mence
LO / CS Starmie
Bronzong {TR}
Snorlax {CB}
Breloom
Heatran

Now obviously thats way too many pokemon. So this is what my team resulted as BEFORE salamence went uber.

Infernape
Suicune
Mence
Bronzong
Snorlax
Breloom

I then decided to swap out breloom since my foes mence coverage was weak (and my friend kindly made a nice bulky heatran to slaughter those annoying mence)
but yeah smogon went and made mence uber which:
Defeated the need for my heatran
Killed off a good sweeper and my Breloom Counter.

So that was annoying.

I had to then change my team around to try and suit the fact that ive lost an intimidate, lost a DD'er and lost a breloom counter.

This is what i came up with. { CHANGES IN BOLD }

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 52 Atk / 252 Spd / 204 SAtk
- Fake Out
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Stealth rock

Basically infernape is an epic lead stealth rocks for well.. you know xD switch in damage. It’s just how i like my infernapes. It works for me. Fake out for stopping the opponants leads and fire blast and close combat for coverage. Infernape manages to deal with Machamp by faking out, then fire blasting then switching out to gyarados for the BP then KO with waterfall.
it deals with anything else by either faking out then stealth rocking or switching depending on my foe.

Naive and the EVs allow for a nice spread and coverage which gives me some good offence capabilities when faced with leads.

Not much else can be said about infernape, its your standard lead which works well to set up whats needed. It can cause some well earned damage but even so, i think he deserves his place for his usefullness.

Suicune @ Life Orb Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

this thing rapes like nothing ive seen before, after one CM there are few things in the metagame that can stop this monstrosity.
ive seen people try and trick it, send out zapdos's and vaporeons, salamences, flygons, the lot. All raped.
This was recently introduced to me by a glance over on smogon's suicune and the fact that i actually got owned by one of these just before reading it.. Clever me.
But more to the point Surf covers any fire types like infernape or heatran who want to intrude on my parade.
Ice beam OHKO's most celebi's after a CM or two which is ACE! along with pwning any breloom who wants to pop up and chat.
Hidden Power Electric is for those pain in the rear gyarados's who think they can set up on me cos i look like some sort of crocune!
As for why its on a team with trick room; it has immense coverage giving a wide variety of offencive capability and even in trick room, if needs be, can cause some good damage to the things quicker that it, if i choose to utilize it inside the trick room.

I was considering replacing with these:

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt

Jolly DD Gyarados... What a beast! This shatters walls and allows itself to set up by doing so and covers some of the weaknesses around my team like fire and fighting. It acts as a nice scizor counter and despite being jolly is still able to pull off some nice hits and KO’s. {Please Note: I have considered CB Gyarados as A) it takes loads of people by suprise and B) it rapes a lot of its counters like Zapdos :D}

DD gyarados is a major sweeper and replaces my mence loss nicely. He also helps counter anything which may wana take a good whack at my team like lucario.

OR

Starmie @ Choice Scarf / Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
Standard Scarf Starmie :D Quite a nice addition.
it provides some nice speedy KO's but may be swapped for a Life Orb'er.
Only problem is how good the foes prediction is :/

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Bronzong... The twist in my team, so to speak. I love this little guy since he throws my foes off by spinning in a nice trick room for them to eat up. I normally come in on a speedy annoying sweeper like azelf or flygon and set up through that. Then i have gyroball to slaughter them with and ofcourse a 0 Spe IV for maximum damage.

Ahh and some people have been wondering why the hell am i using a Trick Room on a team with things like DD Dragonite? Well... A) it catches many people off guard and B) they dont have to be used at the same time. Bronzong and Snorlax do a good enough job to not warrent an enter for a DD'er or the likes for 4 turns or so.

Plus it allows these two to move first for a bit :D

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

Snorlax is bronzongs co driver so to speak, his partner in crime. With his choice band he acts as an amazing wall for things like starmie and suicune AND is able to deal immense damage to them when returning fire. When the trick room is up, thats when things get heated! Man this thing just RAPES when the trick room goes up, making OHKO’s left right and center to a lot of the pokemon in the metagame. I may consider swapping this for a Curse Lax however.

Why a snorlax on this team? Well its obvious, pursuit counters starmie's and anything else with a funny idea of being able to KO snorlax from the special side of the spectrum AND because of the trick room, it just turns this Choice Banded beast into a sweeper mid game.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Punch / Stone Edge / Thunder Punch

Fire Punch for breloom, Stone Edge / Thunder Punch for Gyarados and other Waters.
Mainly there to counter breloom's spore.
This guy is replacing Mence for the simple reason; he was taken from OU to Uber.. I was using mence as my counter for Brelooms and their spore's because of my lum berry and most people dont think that they can get KO'ed by dragonites dragon claw after switching in... {I hope they are wrong :L cos it didnt happen with mence}

This is where Mence would have been but i am considering using this:

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Taunt
Earthquake
U-turn
Roost

Ahh my favourite wall breaker. This is for any pesky Skarmory’s or Blisseys who want a bit of Taunt action. It allows me to prevent whatever they are doing and if i want, u-turn to a suitable counter. Roost allows me to fight with blissey for a bit if i want since i can freely heal and the little fat bitch cant! :D and ofcourse my earthquake loves to eat up meat like blissey :D

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold (+Def, -SpA)
Recover
Thunder wave
Leech Seed
Psychic

The final pokemon in this pain in the butt team. It hax’s and leeches health, its a brilliant little critter! Blisseys, you like stall? This thing went to Russia and STALLED YOU! Snorlax wants a try? PHA! *seeds* HEALTH IS MIEN! Sweepers wana KO? *twave* >=] u was bragging? xD
I love this guy so much for his stalling capabilities.

Ofcourse i had breloom before this:

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Spore
Substitute
Focus Punch
Seed Bomb
This guy used to come in late game and rape anything it could either survive or outspeed! i <3 you breloom and Miss you :'(

OR

I'm considering changing the version of heatran i had but making it scarfed.
like this:

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Dragon Pulse
Pretty Standard tbh but still owns :)
i like it simply due to its explosion potential and coverage.

I still have:
Timid CM LO Cune.
CS / LO Starmie
Breloom
DD Lum Dragonite

Im considering replacing some of my pokemon with those.

Please aid me in suggesting what i can do.
Hello Aeolian,

You should replace Fire Blast for Grass Knot for Pert leads. I kinda think that you should go with leftovers for Suicune instead of LO. I don't really see how the TR Zong is helping your team. I think you should change his moveset.

basically it helps by being unlikely. the fact that it is not expected means it actually works quite well.
Normally in a team which has pokemon that are speedy it would fail completely. BUT since it catches people offguard it actually helps; especially since i have pokemon like snorlax to abuse the trick room.
it may have worked better with Breloom over celebi.

Do you have any suggestions for the moveset instead of trick room?

basically it helps by being unlikely. the fact that it is not expected means it actually works quite well.
Normally in a team which has pokemon that are speedy it would fail completely. BUT since it catches people offguard it actually helps; especially since i have pokemon like snorlax to abuse the trick room.
it may have worked better with Breloom over celebi.

Do you have any suggestions for the moveset instead of trick room?
Tank
Leftovers / Lum Berry Levitate Sassy
Moveset IVs
~ Stealth Rock
~ Hidden Power Ice / Gyro Ball
~ Payback
~ Earthquake / Explosion / Hypnosis

EVs

I've used this before. It's pretty good. Try it.

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Hey Aeolian,

Cool team you have there looked pretty standard to me until I scrolled down to trick zong and band lax as well as dragonite. That's quite an interesting core on this team. I have few suggestions that may help this team out! Actually I would have to agree with Blaze about trick zong not helping this team sure it gives the unexpected advantage but the only pokemon that is taking advantage is snorlax who is banded and once locked into that move it just wastes trick room turns and lets your opponent set up on you putting you at a disadvantage. It also gives dragonite that one turn of glory while being under trick room but once you dragon dance it's useless. So I would highly suggest you drop that set and use standard sr set.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy : Levitate
~ Stealth Rock
~ Gyro Ball
~ Earthquake
~ Explosion

Just like what riley suggested if you decide to use grass knot on infernape over stealth rock which I'm not to sure about since you already have celebi which takes advantage of swampert anyway.

As for the dragonite set being bulky dragon dancer I would suggest you change that to mix-nite because I see this team having trouble against stall. For example a team like hippo / bliss / forry /gyara can eat this apart and you having no other option but switching around talking entry hazard damage as well as sandstorm recoil.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Inner Focus / Rash
112 Atk / 196 SpA / 200 Spe
~ Superpower
~ Draco Meteor
~ Flamethrower
~ Thunderbolt

Dragonite's mix set being the under classed salamence mix set still gets the job done. Lets you clear up most of those stall pokemons I stated in the paragraph above having all super effective moves besides on hippowdown but still takes a load with draco meteor.

Move set changes:

• Hidden Power Fire over Psychic on Celebi
    You're basically walled by any steel type poke if you use psychic and scizor can just u-turn on your face once it knows the move set. Using Hp Fire lets you get minimal damage on most steel types and still lets you handle breloom.

Anyway Aeolian gl with the team!

Hey Aeolian,

Cool team you have there looked pretty standard to me until I scrolled down to trick zong and band lax as well as dragonite. That's quite an interesting core on this team. I have few suggestions that may help this team out! Actually I would have to agree with Blaze about trick zong not helping this team sure it gives the unexpected advantage but the only pokemon that is taking advantage is snorlax who is banded and once locked into that move it just wastes trick room turns and lets your opponent set up on you putting you at a disadvantage. It also gives dragonite that one turn of glory while being under trick room but once you dragon dance it's useless. So I would highly suggest you drop that set and use standard sr set.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy : Levitate
~ Stealth Rock
~ Gyro Ball
~ Earthquake
~ Explosion

Just like what riley suggested if you decide to use grass knot on infernape over stealth rock which I'm not to sure about since you already have celebi which takes advantage of swampert anyway.

Yeah this seems to be pretty good, i do have reasoning for using my trick room, its helped me out countless times against things like Jolteon and Starmie :) but more to the point i am testing this along with the bellow Dragonite.

As for the dragonite set being bulky dragon dancer I would suggest you change that to mix-nite because I see this team having trouble against stall. For example a team like hippo / bliss / forry /gyara can eat this apart and you having no other option but switching around talking entry hazard damage as well as sandstorm recoil.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Inner Focus / Rash
112 Atk / 196 SpA / 200 Spe
~ Superpower
~ Draco Meteor
~ Flamethrower
~ Thunderbolt

Dragonite's mix set being the under classed salamence mix set still gets the job done. Lets you clear up most of those stall pokemons I stated in the paragraph above having all super effective moves besides on hippowdown but still takes a load with draco meteor.

Having this over my current dragonite will be usefull ill admit due to the trick room. I think i did come up with a more offensive set, simply using the same setup as a DD mence (252 Atk, 4 SpA, 252 SpE with Naive Nature) and im currently testing that but yeah ill be sure to give this a go too.

Move set changes:

• Hidden Power Fire over Psychic on Celebi
    You're basically walled by any steel type poke if you use psychic and scizor can just u-turn on your face once it knows the move set. Using Hp Fire lets you get minimal damage on most steel types and still lets you handle breloom.
I see your point with that. I suppose stab is a small price to pay for coverage :)

Anyway Aeolian gl with the team!

congrats on the idea behind this team, i like the bulk compiled with the sweeping capabilities the posesses.

For me I would lead with a Mixnite
purely for the fact that its more difficult to predict
as you know Lead Ape will use fake out then set up rocks. In turn you can save Ape for a potential sweep for later or wall break. As mentioned previous you can use Bronzong to set up rocks.

just an idea but maybe you could switch Celebi to a more different moveset
bold 252 hp 252 def@ choice specs
~trick
~trick room
~leech seed
~grass knot

this set is because if bronzong goes down you have another trick room pokemon that can set up, but also you can trick ob the switch crippling the counter or anything that has to rely on set ups, making it then easier for Snorlax to come in and take advantage.

with Infernape I would use either a mix set for coverage, but i really like the team :)

I'm more into running different movesets in singles as I like to be abit unpredictable at times, I think this team has to potential to be great.... lets us know how it does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)