Other Metagames Star Storm Comeback [USUM BH]

Introduction

So I've been playing for three+ years and I've recently taken a half-year break, but now I've been back for a few months, ready to enact my revenge on those who wronged me. (And play some pokeymans)

This is a heavy redesign of a team I created before my break, and since then I've modified it so much it looks unrecognisable to me. It's done fairly well in matches and I want to see how I can improve more.

Billy-Ray (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Leftovers

Ability: Contrary

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe

Hasty Nature

- Draco Meteor

- V-create

- Dragon Ascent

- Extreme Speed

Billy-Ray here is your run-of-the-mill sweeper, designed to knock out as many Pokemon as possible before being defeated. For Dragon Ascent, it's STAB, and gives me a raise in Defense and Special Def. so I can take any hits well. V-Create is raw power made to go all-out and get a nice stat boost with it, and Extreme Speed gets rid of threats that can outspeed me and insta-kill.

Tight (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Bad Dreams

Hasty Nature

- Spore

- Nightmare

- Dream Eater

- Extreme Speed

Basically revolves around sleep. Once I get the Spore off, it can either drain HP or deal raw damage, all the while the opponent is unable to fight back. Bad Dreams takes away large cuts of their HP at a time, and Dream Eater allows it to recover if hurt. Nightmare basically has the same function but is there for coverage and Extreme Speed has the same function as with Billy-Ray. Sleep tight.

Wonderguyd (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Sturdy

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Extreme Speed

- Endeavor

- Toxic

- Anchor Shot

The unstoppable bane of my existence, Sturdy Shedinja. I remember this was one of my main fighters back in Classic Hackmons and it destroyed everything in its path. I was saddened when it was banned, but while I don't know how or when, it's back and as strong as ever! Extreme Speed and Endeavor work together similar to FEAR, with a 50% or so chance of instant death just from those two. Toxic and Anchor Shot also compliment each other, forcing the opponent into a slow poisonous death. Threats are Mold Breaker and the Solgaleo/Lunala moves, which I've attempted to counter with the Focus Sash letting Shedinja set up the Toxic/Endeavor before he goes.

Ender (Necrozma-Ultra) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Neuroforce

Timid Nature

- Psycho Boost

- Photon Geyser

- Freeze-Dry

- Parting Shot

Ah Necrozma. Another powerhouse like Billy-Ray, Necrozma is mostly here for total coverage. Psycho Boost and Photon Geyser are both powerful STAB moves and I didn't realise how much I desperately needed Freeze-Dry until I played without it, checking all Water type, Grass type and Ground type opponents. Parting Shot allows it to switch out easily if against an unfavourable opponent, and also lowers its stats along with that. Could possibly be replaced with Volt Switch but I don't think it would change anything.

Chansey @ Eviolite

Ability: Imposter

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD

Relaxed Nature

IVs: 0 Spe

- Fake Out

- Whirlwind

- Milk Drink

- Metal Burst

The unbreakable (almost) tank shows itself. Not much to say about this one as Imposter turns it into a completely different Pokemon, but in the case that the ability is cancelled somehow, it has Fake Out to get off some free damage, Whirlwind to get rid of whatever's blocking it and lose any stat boosts, Milk Drink to heal damage and Metal Burst to do heavy damage itself. Only had to use it without Imposter once in all battles so

Coldsteel II (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Swift Swim

Jolly Nature

- Rain Dance

- Toxic Spikes

- Stealth Rock

- Self-Destruct

This absolute speedster can reach up to 6000+ speed, making it perfect for setup. Rain Dance + Swift Swim gives it that insane amount of speed, and the rest is just standard setup. Self-Destruct is for when its purpose is done and the Focus Sash allows it to setup at least once.

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-743575892 - Demonstrates Shedinja's potential and Rayquaza's raw power.

More TBA.

Shiny: Yes

Hasty Nature

- Draco Meteor

- V-create

- Dragon Ascent

- Extreme Speed

Hasty Nature

- Spore

- Nightmare

- Dream Eater

- Extreme Speed

Jolly Nature

- Extreme Speed

- Endeavor

- Toxic

- Anchor Shot

Timid Nature

- Psycho Boost

- Photon Geyser

- Freeze-Dry

- Parting Shot

Chansey @ Eviolite

Relaxed Nature

- Fake Out

- Whirlwind

- Milk Drink

- Metal Burst

Jolly Nature

- Rain Dance

- Toxic Spikes

- Stealth Rock

- Self-Destruct

At the risk of sounding harsh, this team needs a lot of work, most of these sets are downright unviable and the rest seems just thrown together. Okay harshness was more of a certainty than a risk.

First I'll go through set by set (even though it wont be enough to fix the team, it will give you some tips so it's worth it):
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed

This is almost a very good set and I can see how it would win games for you so I'll just post a slightly tweaked version.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Leftovers / Life Orb / Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Superpower
- Substitute / Leaf Storm

There are lots of different options here and they all act slightly differently and depend on the Imposter proofing (improof). Main things to note are Extreme Speed is really weak when not boosted by anything and Dragon Ascent doesn't really do anything the other moves don't do better (although it's not a terrible option). As I said, very similar to your set.

Hasty Nature
- Spore
- Nightmare
- Dream Eater
- Extreme Speed

Just don't run this. It does absolutely nothing if they have a Posion Heal mon (very very common), a Magic Bounce mon (fairly common) or a Misty/Electric Terrain mon (not particularly uncommon). I can't really suggest an improved version, just use something else.
If you want to abuse sleep Poison Heal offensive mons are usually the best at doing so, such as this:

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spore

Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Endeavor
- Toxic
- Anchor Shot

Sturdy Shedinja is obviously a fairly well known and effective set, this just needs some changes though. Main problem here is with toxic you go from being completely immune to Imposter to losing to it in one turn.

Shedinja @ Protective Pads / Lum Berry / Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed / Ice Shard
- Spectral Thief / Spiky Shield / Pursuit / Odor Sleuth or w/e really
- U-turn / Baton Pass

Something along these lines is probably the best. Minimised defences so Imposter is less bulky, Protective Pads save you from rocky helmet etc.

Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Photon Geyser
- Freeze-Dry
- Parting Shot

While Ultra Necrozma has some uses it is generally outclassed by mega ray or the mewtwos. The best sets for it are probably those I'll post below, but I wouldn't really advise using it.

Choice Specs Wallbreaker
Necrozma-Ultra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psycho Boost
- Psystrike / Photon Geyser
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch / Blue Flare

Contrary
Necrozma-Ultra @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 96 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psycho Boost
- Overheat
- Spore / Taunt / Substitute / Volt Switch / Trick

Chansey @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Milk Drink
- Metal Burst

Not really much to say here just some tiny changes.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Happiness: 60
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Soft-Boiled
- Metal Burst

Happiness in case of Frustration, not the definitive best amount but anything below half is probably fine. Special Attack in case you use Doom Desire or Future Sight while transformed and then switch. I minimised attack but I doubt it matters and maybe you want to metal burst more from foul play (I've not seen foul play this year though so don't stay up tonight worrying about it).

Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Self-Destruct

Don't use this either. The only Deoxys-Speed set that you should be running is a Suicide Lead with Mold Breaker and even then it's not great. (There are a couple of other sets but they're really really really specific)

Imo the best thing to do would be to play more and watch some high level games/replays, use sample teams or other rmts or just look at them to get an idea about it or ask in the OM room on showdown/on the OM discord for advice (where you get much more immediate although sometimes less detailed replies).

All of the sets I quoted (with small changes) from the Setpedia, which isn't all inclusive but gives a very good idea of what sets are used, there are also other resources but that seems the most useful to you at this stage.

If you want some specific criticism of your team I'll just outline a few of the most glaring issues:
Normalise Gengar with Entertainment would beat your team 6-0
If the opponent gets up entry hazards (spikes etc) and then Imposters your Mega Rayquaza you lose, Improofing is very important.
You have a shedinja (which instantly dies to hazards) and no way of preventing or removing them at all.

I'd recommend you check out this RMT, which is a good example of a standard BH team made by a good player or the Sample Teams. I especially like the sample team by a guy called Willdbeast but maybe I'm a little biased.

I hope this helps a bit and I'm sorry I didn't have that much in the way of improvements for your team but I think where you are rn discussing either in the PS OM room/OM discord is the best thing to do, I can talk you through some of the threats you need to cover in more detail if you want or if you have any questions about what I said about specific mons (although a rmt might not be the best place for a tutorial).

Ah I forgot the worst thing: all the sets are double spaced so I had to remove the blank lines before I could import any of it.
Oh yeah and for the record use Explosion not self destruct.

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding harsh, this team needs a lot of work, most of these sets are downright unviable and the rest seems just thrown together. Okay harshness was more of a certainty than a risk.

First I'll go through set by set (even though it wont be enough to fix the team, it will give you some tips so it's worth it):
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed

This is almost a very good set and I can see how it would win games for you so I'll just post a slightly tweaked version.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Leftovers / Life Orb / Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Superpower
- Substitute / Leaf Storm

There are lots of different options here and they all act slightly differently and depend on the Imposter proofing (improof). Main things to note are Extreme Speed is really weak when not boosted by anything and Dragon Ascent doesn't really do anything the other moves don't do better (although it's not a terrible option). As I said, very similar to your set.

Hasty Nature
- Spore
- Nightmare
- Dream Eater
- Extreme Speed

Just don't run this. It does absolutely nothing if they have a Posion Heal mon (very very common), a Magic Bounce mon (fairly common) or a Misty/Electric Terrain mon (not particularly uncommon). I can't really suggest an improved version, just use something else.
If you want to abuse sleep Poison Heal offensive mons are usually the best at doing so, such as this:

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spore

Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Endeavor
- Toxic
- Anchor Shot

Sturdy Shedinja is obviously a fairly well known and effective set, this just needs some changes though. Main problem here is with toxic you go from being completely immune to Imposter to losing to it in one turn.

Shedinja @ Protective Pads / Lum Berry / Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed / Ice Shard
- Spectral Thief / Spiky Shield / Pursuit / Odor Sleuth or w/e really
- U-turn / Baton Pass

Something along these lines is probably the best. Minimised defences so Imposter is less bulky, Protective Pads save you from rocky helmet etc.

Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Photon Geyser
- Freeze-Dry
- Parting Shot

While Ultra Necrozma has some uses it is generally outclassed by mega ray or the mewtwos. The best sets for it are probably those I'll post below, but I wouldn't really advise using it.

Choice Specs Wallbreaker
Necrozma-Ultra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Psystrike / Photon Geyser
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch / Blue Flare

Contrary
Necrozma-Ultra @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 96 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psycho Boost
- Overheat
- Spore / Taunt / Substitute / Volt Switch / Trick

Chansey @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Milk Drink
- Metal Burst

Not really much to say here just some tiny changes.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Happiness: 60
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Soft-Boiled
- Metal Burst

Happiness in case of Frustration, not the definitive best amount but anything below half is probably fine. Special Attack in case you use Doom Desire or Future Sight while transformed and then switch. I minimised attack but I doubt it matters and maybe you want to metal burst more from foul play (I've not seen foul play this year though so don't stay up tonight worrying about it).

Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Self-Destruct

Don't use this either. The only Deoxys-Speed set that you should be running is a Suicide Lead with Mold Breaker and even then it's not great. (There are a couple of other sets but they're really really really specific)

Imo the best thing to do would be to play more and watch some high level games/replays, use sample teams or other rmts or just look at them to get an idea about it or ask in the OM room on showdown/on the OM discord for advice (where you get much more immediate although sometimes less detailed replies).

All of the sets I quoted (with small changes) from the Setpedia, which isn't all inclusive but gives a very good idea of what sets are used, there are also other resources but that seems the most useful to you at this stage.

If you want some specific criticism of your team I'll just outline a few of the most glaring issues:
Normalise Gengar with Entertainment would beat your team 6-0
If the opponent gets up entry hazards (spikes etc) and then Imposters your Mega Rayquaza you lose, Improofing is very important.
You have a shedinja (which instantly dies to hazards) and no way of preventing or removing them at all.

I'd recommend you check out this RMT, which is a good example of a standard BH team made by a good player or the Sample Teams. I especially like the sample team by a guy called Willdbeast but maybe I'm a little biased.

I hope this helps a bit and I'm sorry I didn't have that much in the way of improvements for your team but I think where you are rn discussing either in the PS OM room/OM discord is the best thing to do, I can talk you through some of the threats you need to cover in more detail if you want or if you have any questions about what I said about specific mons (although a rmt might not be the best place for a tutorial).

Ah I forgot the worst thing: all the sets are double spaced so I had to remove the blank lines before I could import any of it.
Oh yeah and for the record use Explosion not self destruct.
Thank you very much. I will implement these changes as soon as I can and will take your advice. I don't know why the sets are double spaced in everything, as I pasted directly from the exportable so it should have been normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)