Starting up in the old gen

My first of two teams. This one is fourth gen, while the other is fifth, and I must say, this is my favorite of the two. It's generally more fun to play with, and I spent a bit more time on this one than the other. I understand this one better, and it seems to work together pretty decently.
The reason I'm not winning more of the matches I'm in is because I started two days ago, and am still learning how to predict what's going to happen, and who to switch to when I actually manage to predict correctly.
(I HAVE played quite a few matches. Please don't lock my thread assuming I haven't tested this team out. :/)
Maybe I should enroll in the Tutoring program... x3

1) Hippowdon (Geb, Male) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252HP/152Def/104SpD
Nature: Impish
-Earthquake
-Slack Off
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Fang

Hippowdon is, as should be obvious by his placement on this list, his ability, and his possession of Stealth Rock, my lead Pokemon. He is bulky enough to take most hits while setting up my initial entry hazard, and has access to Earthquake and Ice Fang, both of which can do some damage to other leads, and can allow me to bring him in later to do some damage to the rest of the opponet's team (Dragons especially.) Slack off simply gives me a reliable way to regain some health.
His EV spread makes him as bulky as possible, with a little extra emphasis on the physical side. With 420 HP and 341 Defense, he can be relied on to take a punch in the face, and still keep smashing away.
I usually only lose this guy when I make stupid errors and end up sending him in against unfavorable matchups, or Pokemon I don't really expect to have grass, water, or ice type moves. I'm sure he'll stand up a lot better as I get better at predicting what's going to happen.

2) Skarmory (Ra, Male) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252HP/252Def/4SpD
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Roost
-Brave Bird

Skarmory is a Spiker and the one on my team who forces the opponent to switch out, whether they want to or not. With his type, he's only weak to Fire and Electric, and is strong against quite a few types. (I know you all know this, so hush.) This makes him a rather easy switch in, and it also makes it somewhat easy to set up a couple layers of spikes before I need to switch to someone else.
Brave Bird is a rather powerful flying type attack, with a recoil... However, the recoil damage, alongside any damage Ra picks up from the opponent or any entry hazards the opponent has set up can be "easily" healed off with roost. This moves carries a threat, though, by making him full Steel type, and leaving him open to ground type attacks.

3) Tentacruel (Hathor, Female) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252HP/120Def/136SpD
Nature: Calm
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-HP (Electric)

I needed to have a spinner... People keep telling me that because Stealth Rock isn't a TM anymore, it's not as popular, and will eventually fade out... I fight on a battle simulator, where you have access to any attack, including Stealth Rock, and what about Spikes? I want to cover both, and with Tentacruel's type, I could simply absorb Toxic Spikes, which is a move she herself possesses and can set up.. Another entry hazard. :D
While the EV spread doesn't make her overly powerful as an attacker, she is supposed to be used to set up the third and final entry hazard, and to be brought back time and again to sweep out the etnry hazards that the opposing team has put up against me.
Surf is there as a STABed water type move, which will allow me additional coverage against fire types, ground types, rock types... etc, etc, while Hidden Power Electric is there to cover other water types and flying types.

4) Blissey (Thoth, Female) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252Def/40SpA/216SpD
Nature: Calm
-Wish
-Protect
-Flamethrower
-Seismic Toss

It's a Blissey... What do you want from her? She's defensive, and has the ability through Wish to heal team mates, or can use Wish+Protect to keep herself alive, if the need arises.
Flamethrower to cover steel and ice types if I need to, and Seismic Toss as a heavily reliable move.
Blah, blah, blah... usual Blissey.

5) Celebi (Isis, Genderless) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252HP/216Def/8SpD/32Spe
Nature: Bold
-Recover
-HP(fire)
-Grass Knot
-Leech Seed

Celebi has no right to be as powerful as it is. I mean, come on! It's a little green fairy! (Pink, in my case, but... the argument still stands.)
Another bulky little Pokemon on my team... Somewhat speedy, moreso than the others. Recover is there to keep it alive in tight situations, while Hidden Power fire exists to do the same things Blissey's Flamethrower does. Grass Knot is a STAB grass move which, with all the large, bulky ground and/or water typers hanging around, is useful and rather powerful in almost all cases. Leech Seed could probably count as another "entry hazard", and does damage every turn alongside the sandstorm that Hippowdon pulls up when he's sent out.

6) Dusknoir (Osiris, male) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252HP/28Atk/228Def
-Wil-O-Wisp
-Shadow Punch
-EQ
-ThunderPunch

Probably my most offensive Pokemon, and he really isn't even... that.. offensive. Still focused on his bulkiness.
Will-O-Wisp is there to inflict those Pokemon that somehow avoid the Toxic Spikes with a status condition. Not to mention that the burn status condition makes me absolutely giddy. It's easy to pull off when expecting a switch, and even if they DON'T switch out, their Pokemon still gets hit with a burn. No ill effects on my part. :3
The second move-slot was originally Pain Split, but I needed a ghost move to cover Psychic and other Ghosts, which were the only two singular types I wasn't able to cover with my moveset, which I can do now, and the STAB bonus isn't bad either. (However, if you think I should add Pain Split back into his moveset and replace something else with Shadow Punch, feel free to say so. :3)
Earthquake is to cover Hippowdon, should he die, and Thunderpunch is to cover other Skarmory, and other birds in general and water types.

Any suggestions are appreciated. :3

Also... how do you put the little sprites into the posts? (Like.. the pokemon's sprites above their names that you see on every RMT post?)

This has the potential to be a very solid stall team with a few minor changes. First of all, Hippowdon should really have Roar instead of Ice Fang. The ability to phaze and rack up entry hazard damage is far more useful for you than an extra attacking move is.

Blissey would likely be better off with a Bold nature and EVs of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd to bolster its low physical defense. Toxic is preferred over Flamethrower because of its ability to stall out attackers in conjunction with Wish + Protect.

Dusknoir is really the weak link of this team. You should try out a defensive Rotom-A over it, as it provides you with a status absorber and is superior as a spinblocker. I'd suggest a Bold nature with 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd and the moves Rest / Sleep Talk / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt. You may want to include Will-O-Wisp to cover Tyranitar, although Electric + Ghost provides excellent coverage and having two attacks makes the most of the RestTalk combo.

As for the pictures, don't worry about that - I've edited them in for you. Next time, you can click on the "Insert Image" icon and type in the URL of the image you want to use. Good luck with your team!

Along with faladrans tips the use of perish song on celebi is much welcomed on a stall team. You can use it over leech seed or hp fire.

Faladran pretty much said everything to be said about this team.
Definitely change Hippowdon's Ice Fang to Roar. An extra phaser is so useful.

Running SkarmBliss leaves you slightly vulnerable to Infernape, but you've got Tentacruel and Hippowdon to cover that weakness (assuming no Grass Knot).

You might consider something to clean up in the very late stages of the game when your opponents have been worn down (like ScarfTar in KG stall). I don't know where you could put it in though.

You might consider something to clean up in the very late stages of the game when your opponents have been worn down (like ScarfTar in KG stall).
It's not KG stall...it's standard stall. While KG made a very good RMT, he himself stated that he did not come up with it. Taylor is the one who made it popular with his recently archived team, and others such as Aeroblacktyl, Loki, and August all used it before KG posted it.

Anyways, hi Jawbone, this is a quite solid stall team. It does have some things that could use improving, however, but I think they can be fixed fairly easily.

Dusknoir really is inferior to Rotom-A as a spinblocker, who is immune to (Toxic) Spikes and has much better offensive typing. You also currently have nothing that can take a Tricked choice item, which is a tactic many teams use to cripple a key member of stall. For this reason, I think you'd be better off using a Choice Scarf Rotom-W. It still blocks Rapid Spin, it provides solid offensive firepower, and can simply switch in on a Trick to exchange Choice Scarves, forcing the opponent to switch, therefore racking up more entry hazard damage.

Second, I recommend using a spread of 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe on Skarmory. The special defense investment allows it to set up Spikes comfortably against bulky waters such as Vaporeon and Suicune, who will often come in on Hippowdon. The speed EVs allow it to outrun Choice Band Tyranitar, letting you Roost stall its Stone Edge, which 2HKOs your whole team bar Hippowdon (who can be surprise 2HKO'd by Aqua Tail, which CB Tar often carries) out of PP.

Last suggestion: use Leftovers > Black Sludge on Tentacruel. Yeah, it's cool when you switch in on a Trick and make something like Jirachi hold Black Sludge, but it can easily switch out and Trick it onto one of your other Pokemon later in the match, which hurts more than it helps. Black Sludge just gives Trick users another weapon to use against you.

tl;dr
~Scarf Rotom-W > Dusknoir
~232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe > current spread on Skarmory
~Leftovers > Black Sludge on Tentacruel

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf | Timid | 252 HP / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Hydro Pump / Trick

Max HP lets you take anti-ghost hits from Rapid Spinners such as Starmie and Forretress, while 216 Speed lets you outrun Jolly +1 Gyarados. The rest is dumped into SpA for overall power. Trick gives you a guaranteed answer to last Pokemon setup sweepers such as CurseLax and CroCune, while the coverage moves are self explanatory.

I hope you take these suggestions into consideration. Good team, good luck!

For this reason, I think you'd be better off using a Choice Scarf Rotom-W. It still blocks Rapid Spin, it provides solid offensive firepower, and can simply switch in on a Trick to exchange Choice Scarves, forcing the opponent to switch, therefore racking up more entry hazard damage.

Alrighty.. I'm going to look into all of your suggestions, and all of them make a lot of sense, except the washing machine....
I play on Pokemon Online, and not the games, where it automatically forces the latest type changes to the Pokemon and moves, so the Rotom-W isn't going to be Ghost-Electric anymore, but is instead going to be Electric-Water, and unless I'm mistaken.... only ghost types can be spinblockers. D: (It still does have levitate though, so it does avoid toxic spikes and spikes.)

Alrighty.. I'm going to look into all of your suggestions, and all of them make a lot of sense, except the washing machine....
I play on Pokemon Online, and not the games, where it automatically forces the latest type changes to the Pokemon and moves, so the Rotom-W isn't going to be Ghost-Electric anymore, but is instead going to be Electric-Water, and unless I'm mistaken.... only ghost types can be spinblockers. D: (It still does have levitate though, so it does avoid toxic spikes and spikes.)
Rotom-W lost its ghost typing in 5th gen. It's still electric/ghost in gen 4.

Yeah, I know, and I'm playing on a battling simulator that forces all the latest type changes. D: He's automatically changed to Water/Electric when I change him from Rotom-A to Rotom-W.
If you're playing on PO, just change the generation to HG/SS under where it says 'Gen.' in the team builder and Rotom should be Electric/Ghost.

This is basically the original Obi stall. However I would use a Sp.def Rotom over Dusknoir. Celebi/SKarmory/Hippowdon should have physical attackers covered and sp.def Rotom helps out for spin blocking starmies and also helps against things like Infernape.

Obviously choose one of the Rotom forms, not the normal Rotom itself.

It's not KG stall...it's standard stall. While KG made a very good RMT, he himself stated that he did not come up with it. Taylor is the one who made it popular with his recently archived team, and others such as Aeroblacktyl, Loki, and August all used it before KG posted it.
I didn't mean to imply that.
I was merely giving an example of where he could find this principle being used effectively, forgive me if I was too vague.

It's funny, I just rechecked this thread to say Leftovers > Black Sludge but someone's beaten me to it.

If you want you can use Heal Bell on Celebi for team support.
You can use it over HP [Fire] but use Psychic instead of Grass Knot then so Breloom doesn't screw you over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)