ORAS NU Str8 up wallin'

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys! Today I'm bringing you the team that I used to get reqs for the NU suspect ladder that performed extremely well (35-5). I wanted to use stall as it's my favourite playstyle and SuperGeist is so fun to use right now because it checks so much stuff and it's cute :]. So here's the nice n fat team:

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 232 HP / 52 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Foul Play

SuperGeist is the star of the team. Being able to check so many threats rn is incredible; SD Virizion, M-Lix, Heliolisk as well as Malamar to an extent. Will-O + Leech Seed are such a good combination; being to wear down everything with either one or both makes it such an annoyance. Synthesis is a new addition it got thanks to ORAS and really boosts it's longevity and helps it outlast so many things. Foul Play is also a new toy it got and quite frankly, it's better than using any STAB move it learns.

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 68 Def / 208 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
It wouldn't be a stall team without your cleric, and that's where Mega Audino comes in. The immense bulk this thing has is incredible + the new Fairy-typing makes it a really good WishPasser. The EV spread is for taking AV Magmortar's Fire Blasts as well as taking LO Focus Blasts from Virizion, with the rest thrown into Def, so that it can take 2 Close Combats from Hariyama and proceed to Wish/Protect stall it until Dazzling Gleam can do considerable damage or they switch out, wanting to preserve their PP.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic
Next up I needed rocks, a fire check and another water resist, so Seismitoad fit perfectly. Stealth Rock + Scald are mandotory on any defensive set imo, so the last 2 slots were fillers. I thought ProTox might be best as I didn't really need Earthquake/Earth Power to hit anything that I can't just Toxic or burn with Scald and it turned out to be really helpful. The extra recovery you can from just clicking Protect, as well as being able to scout for certain Hidden Powers or Choiced mons really makes it such an important asset to the team. For the EVs, I just took the standard defensive set and made it spdef lol.

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 72 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Barrier
I needed a win condition as well as another way to beat opposing stall teams, so Barrier Musharna fit perfectly. Being able to set up on both Physical and Special attackers is incredible just as long as you don't get crit; after 1 barrier + 2 cms usually means its over. The EV spread is very different to what you'd expect a Musharna to use, but it allowed me to switch in on Heliolisk and just set up on it in it's face and general speed creep for opposing Musharnas so I can boost first and quicker, before denting them with SP.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 40 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
Looking at how the meta was, I saw that Toxic Spikes really broke a lot of offensive teams as well as the common rain teams running around, so Weezing fit nicely as it providing a soft check to M-Lix as well as setting them up. Pain Split can allow it to regain some lost HP as this is the only way in can heal itself 'reliably' and keep it around longer if I need Toxic Spikes back up again. Will-O lets burn the Levitate mons as well as the Poison/Steel mons that aren't affected by the spikes. The speed investment allows Weezing to always outspeed Adamant M-Lix, so you can always cripple it.
Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- Roost
- Stone Edge
Finally, I needed something that hit on the physical side and that can remove hazards. Archeops fit perfectly as not only did it do that, it also outsped a lot of the threats in NU like Virizion, Typhlosion and Heliolisk and threaten them out or OHKO them. Acro + Stone Edge provide really good STAB coverage, only being walled by Steel-types, notably M-Lix, but lets me OHKO opposing Archeops as well as Defensive Xatu that try to prevent hazards from going up as they are big nuisances to this team.

So thele it is; have fun stalling ecks dee ecks dee!

Team import: http://pastebin.com/z1PJZmU7

Last edited:
"as well as the common rain teams running around"

WE'VE DONE IT BOYS!

Anyways, solid looking squad you have there, don't quite know how u managed to go 24-0 or smth on a crazy ladder like the NU ladder but hey.
Slightly weak to a well-trained mushy but all in all a good starting effort from a rookie :]

Stall is love Stall is life.
Really Great team fren yeah played you on the ladder and lost to that musharna,,,
I mean what's amazing about this team is that it's actually fat and has a couple of winning conditions which is actually great.
Really great team nothing to add :]

Hey queen aids cool team. Looks like it does really well against the majority of threats right now. One thing that I noticed is that a well played Klinklang can really do a lot of damage considering that you're running a spdef toad. I know its not thay common with M-Lix running around but it coukd stil be a problem after the test. To fix this id run Flamethrower/Fire Blast > Pain Split on weezing as it lets it set up on one less thing. You also have wish support from M-Audino to keep weezing healthy if need be. Cool team Queen!

fuck this team

no but seriously this is a really good stall team that does great against the current metagame, i dont have too much advice to give. all that I could say is that you're relatively weak to mushy with 4/6 of your members losing to it, but with status + your own mush you can definitely beat it. great team, props to making such a stupid aids nice stall team in the current meta.

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
Hey queen aids cool team. Looks like it does really well against the majority of threats right now. One thing that I noticed is that a well played Klinklang can really do a lot of damage considering that you're running a spdef toad. I know its not thay common with M-Lix running around but it coukd stil be a problem after the test. To fix this id run Flamethrower/Fire Blast > Pain Split on weezing as it lets it set up on one less thing. You also have wish support from M-Audino to keep weezing healthy if need be. Cool team Queen!
Thanks! Right now Pain Split is better, but as soon as mlix leaves, I'm gonna use Flamethrower cuz Klinklang hype.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
i would not suggest dropping pain split as it would make weezing a lot easier to wear down, which could open up your team to threats such as gurdurr and most noticably, pawniard. this team is already extremely weak to the latter as your only way to deal with it is to try and land a burn on it while it completely shuts down 1/3 of your team. not to mention the only things you can use to deal with it can be knocked off. you could try using eq over stone edge or acro on archeops i guess

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
i would not suggest dropping pain split as it would make weezing a lot easier to wear down, which could open up your team to threats such as gurdurr and most noticably, pawniard. this team is already extremely weak to the latter as your only way to deal with it is to try and land a burn on it while it completely shuts down 1/3 of your team. not to mention the only things you can use to deal with it can be knocked off. you could try using eq over stone edge or acro on archeops i guess
If pawniard becomes relevant again, I'll add eq and add more def on toad.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey QueenOfLuvdiscs, very solid team.

There's nothing I can see that directly threatens your team, as far as I can tell you have the ability to check everything you need to (provided you don't play poorly). The only change I can suggest is Stone Edge --> Earthquake on Archeops. This gives you a more direct way to deal with an errant Pawniard attempting to set up a Swords Dance or come in on Defog. This also gives you the ability to hit Fire-types more reliably if you ever face a situation where you are forced to Defog and need to come in on an attack.

To be fair most Pawniard haven't been running Iron Head so its not a huge deal anyway, but as many others have pointed out your team becomes progressively worse in a metagame where Pokemon aren't forced to prepare for Mega Steelix.

Congrats on achieving suspect voting reqs, and once again very solid team. Cheers.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sash Nasty Plot Jynx looks like a pretty big threat to you right now. Especially if it predicts correctly between NP and Lovely Kiss, it can get at least two kills, and it beats pretty much every single one of your team members 1v1. The team seems slightly weak to strong special boosters in general (Wisp Ninetales and CM Signal Beam Mesprit can also give you a bit of trouble if played correctly), but there's probably no particularly good way to go around those because each of your members is pretty important.

To deal with Jynx in particular though, I'd try either EQ or Knock Off on Toad. Seismitoad is one of the only Pokemon that doesn't just die to a boosted Jynx, and having Toxic as your only way to deal with it really exacerbates your weakness to it. The former also helps with Pawniard which like others stated is also pretty threatening to you right now.

You could also try just Psyshock + Signal Beam Musharna over your current set, which helps with both Jynx and Sprit while giving you at least something to hit Pawn and other Dark-types with, but being able to beat physical boosters is definitely useful.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As we found out from testing the team out, it kind of gets wrecked by Life Orb Lilligant. Gourgeist can only burn it, which doesn't really matter because it has Giga Drain, and Weezing can't KO fast enough because it gets put to sleep. Changing Gourgeist for SpDef Roselia would give you room to use Flamethrower on Weezing and lessen your weakness to Pawniard, while also significantly lessening your weakness to Lilligant. Alternatively, SpDef Vullaby gets 3HKO'd by +1 Life Orb Lilligant's HP Ice and can't be put to sleep thanks to Overcoat. You can also run Punishment to 3HKO Lilligant at +1 or 2HKO it at +2. If you're not that paranoid about it, Toxic alone can handle it fine. However, this would make you a bit weaker to a well played Typhlosion, and you have fewer opportunities to Defog with Vullaby against offense, even if it's easier to Defog with it against bulkier teams.

Other than that, there are probably some other obscure weaknesses, but the team handles all the top threats in NU right now. I personally think the Roselia switch would be better. You will have to rely a bit more on Weezing to take on some other things, but fewer Pokemon can take advantage of it with Flamethrower, so I think that's generally ok.

Best of luck as always.

Sets:

@ Eviolite | Natural Cure
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD | Calm
Giga Drain / Sludge Bomb / Toxic Spikes / Synthesis

-or-

@ Eviolite | Overcoat
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD | Careful
Punishment | Foul Play / Defog / Toxic / Roost

Reactions: EV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)