Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not entirely sure if this has been suggested yet or not, but I am in a slight rush on time at the moment, so please if I should have, then I apologize ahead of time...

-ahem-

I would like to suggest a "Report user" function. I know people can simply stay as a guest or have multiple profiles, so this may after all be a completely moot point. But I just ended a battle with a person, but it was the people that joined that were throwing out slander, curses, general name calling, and a LOT of sexual conversing. Neither I nor my opponent knew them, but are following me everywhere I go. I stopped for a while and watched my friend I was battling originally, and they switched over to him. So that confirmed we were being targeted...

Man, first day in OU and this happens...

The Diabolic Gift

Banned deucer.
I would appreciate if a new feature is added. This feature is to allow users to edit their own messages from other user's view (moderation will be able to view both messages separately with edited text formatted in a different font color).

If possible / worth the time of the development than I would be glad to see it added.
Thanks in advance.

The Diabolic Gift

Banned deucer.
Not entirely sure if this has been suggested yet or not, but I am in a slight rush on time at the moment, so please if I should have, then I apologize ahead of time...

-ahem-

I would like to suggest a "Report user" function. I know people can simply stay as a guest or have multiple profiles, so this may after all be a completely moot point. But I just ended a battle with a person, but it was the people that joined that were throwing out slander, curses, general name calling, and a LOT of sexual conversing. Neither I nor my opponent knew them, but are following me everywhere I go. I stopped for a while and watched my friend I was battling originally, and they switched over to him. So that confirmed we were being targeted...

Man, first day in OU and this happens...
You can pm a global staff (%, @) if that bothers you or simply can /ignore "username"
In this scenario since he was switching over to your friend you could have screenshot the events and pm'd a global driver or moderator which can be distinguished between room auth via /auth or /userauth "username".

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
The poll feature is awesome, and I thank you for adding it.
But it'd be cool to have;
1. Ignore Poll function. There is Ignore Tournaments, Suppress spoiler, Suppress links, but no Suppress Polls or Ignore Polls.
2. Multiple choice polls. I think this was a pretty obvious suggestion, but I don't think anyone mentioned it yet.
3. Polls to allow more than 8 options. I asked why we could only have 8 options per polls and Articuno said it would be too cluttered, but I might as well suggest it now I'm at it.

Edit:

4. Being able to see who voted for what. This would allow us to use the polls as a quiz-like feature.

Last edited:
The Diabolic Gift

Thanks, I wasn't even aware those particular commands even existed. I hope this will help me out in the future.

Also, I would have quoted, but not entirely sure how to do that either... I haven't been on a forum since a proboards thing I used to run back in 2005 or so... But again, I thank you for the assistance.

In team preview, a symbol next to each Pokemon shoud indicate whether it's holding an item.

This would emulate the same feature that exists in the cartridge games. It alerts players to itemless Pokemon on opposing teams, such as Acrobatics Talonflame, and enables them to strategize accordingly.

Last edited:
Hello developers! Couldn't find a topic about this so I figured I'd post it in the Suggestions thread.

I've been sharing my replays with my friends, and we have all really enjoyed being able to do so. However, one thing that we identified and all came out to admitting, was that when we get a link to a replay from someone, it's always set on "Fast" replay speed, which none of us can really enjoy to it's fullest. We want to be able to think moves out (why they were made, what mistakes there were) so we usually replay in slow mode, sometimes in Really Slow mode for tough battles. We were wondering if it's possible to perhaps be able to set a default speed as a query string in the URL for a shared match so that when we share a match with each other, we have it set to the speed we usually enjoy watching it at (usually slow, sometimes normal).

Similarly, it would be awesome if we could reference an exact turn or time in our links as well, so we could have a URL that would start during a crucial play or series of them.

Anyway thanks for being awesome!

I suggest there be group PMs, I think it would just be cool and open up new possibilities for some of the rooms which involve games like the Mafia room and Gamecorner room.

Implement a command that resets your rank. Makes it much more convenient for those who don't want to wait for resets, spam create accounts, like their username, and overall convenience.

I don't know if this has been suggested before or not, but maybe a command that turns off the battle music? Like, for example, "/battlemusic on" or /battlemusic off". Sometimes I turn on my volume to hear an alarm I set on my computer, and the battle music sort of gets in the way. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Kasumi♥ answered this, no need to implement this, I was being stupid lol, sorry all

Last edited:

Amaluna

I don't know if this has been suggested before or not, but maybe a command that turns off the battle music? Like, for example, "/battlemusic on" or /battlemusic off". Sometimes I turn on my volume to hear an alarm I set on my computer, and the battle music sort of gets in the way. Thanks in advance.
You can turn off the music using the speaker icon in the top right corner.

Can we get a command to have a tournament automatically start after a set amount of time? Much like how polls can end after a certain amount of time. That's be super helpful in case I leave and forget to start it. >_>

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Can we get a command to have a tournament automatically start after a set amount of time? Much like how polls can end after a certain amount of time. That's be super helpful in case I leave and forget to start it. >_>
This command already exists (/tour autostart [minutes]).

Don't suppose there's a way to remove a user from a tour before starting the tour?

/tour dq [user]

only seems to work once the tour has begun.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Added to the above if it happens, would it be possible when a user is banned from a room or is server banned, can they be removed from the tour at the same time.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
can we make the option we voted on a poll be bold rather than all the options? or highlight it somehow

tagging bumbadadabum because I think he coded this

Can Replay.PokemonShowdown.com have a delete option for replays?

I'd like to make a suggestion that would benefit almost everyone who plays competitively on smogon tours.
In regards to the replay.pokemonshowdown.com, I'd like an option where you can delete certain replays or just all of them at once.
This is due to people Counter Teaming(and people really do this to an extent lol) weeks before important matches to know your sets and play style and knowing what teams you use best. It's just to make things run smoothly for all who want fair matches. I know a lot of people around important tours make a bunch of CC1v1 replays just to clear theirs up so people wouldn't steal their teams either. I really have been wondering why we haven't had this tool yet, and I'm sure a good majority of people would agree with me and benefit greatly from it too.
It's nothing farfetch'd at all so I don't see any issues on why it shouldn't be implemented, seeing as it's a really simple implement that would help a lot.

Last edited:

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
ok I don't know if this has already been suggested but I've seen it in another server, when you type /auth or /roomauth the command shows you which people are online (they have their name bolded). I think it would be pretty useful!

Another thing I'd like to suggest is having notifications about tours in the tournaments room even if you're online in that room.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Regarding the new "ignore button" made available when you click on a user's name, could it be possible that for global staff members, when users click their names, there isn't an ignore option since you can't even ignore messages from global staff anyways via PMs?

Furthermore, I think it would be great to be able to ignore someone, yet only for a certain period of time. (ie /ignore [username], [time])

Thanks!

Besides my previous post, i have another suggestion.

It has come to my attention in the help room, that sometimes when users are banned from rooms, and they wish to appeal the ban by PMing the relevant room's owner or moderators, they are unsure of who is online at the momeng (since they cannot enter the room due to the ban).

It would be great to have a feature, such as by doing /roomauth [roomname] to have those roomstaff who are presently online to have their names bolded so that users know who to PM.

Thanks! :)

I don't know if someone has already suggested this, but if it has, I'll suggest it again anyways.

Let's say a Pokemon - in this case, let's just say Weavile - uses Pursuit on another Pokemon (for convenience purposes, let's just say Starmie), and the Starmie switches. Instead of just saying that Starmie fainted, could we implement something before that saying "The opposing Starmie is switching out" or "The opposing Starmie tried to switch out" or something like that? I think it would help a lot.

If you don't get what I'm saying, let's just use this turn as an example. It could say something like the following:

The opposing Starmie tried to switch out!

Weavile used Pursuit!
The opposing Starmie lost 100% of its health!
...whatever comes after that

Thanks in advance.

Amaluna

I don't know if someone has already suggested this, but if it has, I'll suggest it again anyways.

Let's say a Pokemon - in this case, let's just say Weavile - uses Pursuit on another Pokemon (for convenience purposes, let's just say Starmie), and the Starmie switches. Instead of just saying that Starmie fainted, could we implement something before that saying "The opposing Starmie is switching out" or "The opposing Starmie tried to switch out" or something like that? I think it would help a lot.

If you don't get what I'm saying, let's just use this turn as an example. It could say something like the following:

The opposing Starmie tried to switch out!

Weavile used Pursuit!
The opposing Starmie lost 100% of its health!
...whatever comes after that

Thanks in advance.
That was suggested a while ago by a user playing LC. I told him it was a good idea and to suggest it. I hope they implement it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)