Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving the folders; but I have a question. I don't have many competitive teams, and a lot of my teams are for goofing around. Would it be possible to add an option to disable the Format folders?

Similar to the fact that /dt (number) brings up the data of the poke with the matching dex number, maybe /dt TM(number) should bring up the data of the move with the matching TM number, eg /dt TM95 brings up Snarl's data.

Hi, i'd like to make a suggestion for the teambuilder.

My suggestion is to be able to sort through Value of a particular stat, for example have a button where you can put the pokemon with the highest attack stat in asending or desending order.

Hi, i'd like to make a suggestion for the teambuilder.

My suggestion is to be able to sort through Value of a particular stat, for example have a button where you can put the pokemon with the highest attack stat in asending or desending order.
Lol i said the same thing. But that just shows that this needs to happen!

Is it possible to add a feature in settings that allows you to disable the opponent's pokemon's nicknames and make them the default names? I don't feel like seeing a Rotom-Wash named Cum Dumpster while I'm laddering.

e: ty Immortal didnt notice that

Last edited:
The filters in the teambuilder should be given lower priority than the moves.

Say I'm building a Staraptor and I want double-edge. It used to be the case that I just had to type in "dou" to get it. Now I have to type in "double" or I get a Doublade filter.

Same thing happens with Thunder and Thundurus, Dragon Claw and Dragonair, etc.

It's particularly annoying with the Type filters, since almost every type has a move that starts with the name of the type: Bug Buzz/Bite, Dark Pulse/Void, Dragon Pulse/Claw, Electric Terrain, Fire Blast/Fang/Punch, Fairy Wind, Flying Press, Grass Knot, Ice Beam/Shard/Fang/Punch, Poison Jab, PSYCHIC, Rock Blast/Throw/Polish/Tomb/Climb, Steel Wing, and Water Pulse/Spout/Shuriken.

Also now when I click on a move that I'd previously entered, it does not go to the top of the list. I don't know if that was intended or not.

Last edited:
Is it possible to add the official timers to the VGC ladders? You know, a minute and half for Team Preview, 45 seconds to make your moves and 15 minutes per battle. Also, speaking of Team Preview and the VGC ladders, would it be possible to add a confirmation button when you choose the last Pokemon, so you don't accidentally click on the wrong one and begin the battle at a possible disadvantage?

I don't mind that much the first thing, but the second one does bother me.

Every Random Battles team should have a Defogger or a Rapid Spinner, or any type of hazard control. It is unfair to the player if the opponent can stack hazards and the player can't remove them. Also, can the public have a say in the movesets that are submitted to the Random Battles database. Some are unreasonable.

Every Random Battles team should have a Defogger or a Rapid Spinner, or any type of hazard control. It is unfair to the player if the opponent can stack hazards and the player can't remove them. Also, can the public have a say in the movesets that are submitted to the Random Battles database. Some are unreasonable.
It's Random Battle. If you want fully competitive teams, play Battle Factory. Random Battle can't be fair because it is just that, random. Battle Factory, however, does create fair and balanced teams.

Don't know if already suggested but it'd be nice if Room Bans hid messages automatically similar to Global Bans/Locks. Having an alternative command to hide messages is kinda superfluous considering if they are being banned from a Room their input is clearly not needed there.

Last edited:
Hiding messages is kind of counterproductive if it's just a few.
It makes sense if it's page-filling, but the bots usually prevent that anyway.

Hiding one to two messages just adds a button to click that makes it stick out more. (I've talked to a lot of users, there's nobody that doesn't click it.)

How about having the button only display for staff instead?

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Could the PS! client dynamically change its document title the same way browser-based e-mail or IRC systems do to report new key messages? In PS!'s case, I'm thinking: if the window is unfocused/blurred and the user is sent a challenge or PM, or the user was nickalerted, the client would modify the document title accordingly. Once the window was focused and/or the proper chat was selected, the document title could be reset.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Is it possible to add the official timers to the VGC ladders? You know, a minute and half for Team Preview, 45 seconds to make your moves and 15 minutes per battle. Also, speaking of Team Preview and the VGC ladders, would it be possible to add a confirmation button when you choose the last Pokemon, so you don't accidentally click on the wrong one and begin the battle at a possible disadvantage?

I don't mind that much the first thing, but the second one does bother me.
PS animation times don't match with cart animation times, and the cart doesn't have to deal with lag. A proper timer would already exist otherwise. I'm a fan of the confirmation button though!

A useful command that doesn't already exist is one where the user can check which moves thaw the user. It could work as: /ds thaw { moves that thaw the user output } . This could be further developed to make a command for moves that have a chance to burn, freeze, or poison, and high critical hit ratios.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
A useful command that doesn't already exist is one where the user can check which moves thaw the user. It could work as: /ds thaw { moves that thaw the user output } . This could be further developed to make a command for moves that have a chance to burn, freeze, or poison, and high critical hit ratios.
The command you're looking for is /movesearch. Moves that thaw the user would be /ms defrost. Everything else you mentioned also works with it besides listing high crit moves.

Heatmor

Banned deucer.
Maybe they should add possible icons for teambuilder folders, similar in a manner that you are now allowed to change the background of the Pokemon Showdown launcher.

PS animation times don't match with cart animation times, and the cart doesn't have to deal with lag. A proper timer would already exist otherwise.
Yeah, I'm aware of that, but honestly, it would be better than what the timer is set to currently (190 seconds for everything except total battle length, I think? I honestly forgot), since a timer-stall can get annoying really fast. Still, thanks for replying!

A suggestion from me would be 3 VS 3 Battles but With a total of 6 people in one room. Also another suggestion , Add a party system where people can battle against other players with their friend (Double and Triple battles)

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey, my suggestion concerns the replay site. I've noticed that some replay disappear from the list with the time (even if they still exist but the link is required) and I think that it has already been suggested that more replays can be accessed. If that's going to make counterteam easier, at least can one access his own replays since the first battle he recorded on PS ?
I think that could be useful, or if that's not possible, here's another way: let's make possible the fact to search replays of battles between two specific people. I mean, I recently wanted to watch a old BW OU battle between Julian and me but I've done a lot of other battles and he did so, making the battle disappear from the list. But if I look for this battle with both our nicks at once, wouldn't it be easier ? As we haven't done so much fights between X&Y...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)