Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You can allow your browser to allow pop-up notifications. It should prompt you when you first get on PS.

To you? Maybe. Why would it even be programmed in if it was never used? Why would I suggest this if I wasn't using it in the first place?

Please, if you are going to criticize, make it constructive. I don't want to hear the garbage that is spewing from your mouth right now.
Woah, calm down there. The ladder always matches you up to someone with a similar rating as you.

I was hoping we could have something that would let us choose our own battle music on PS, kind of how X and Y now lets us choose our battle music when in a battle. Also, is it possible to implement a volume control button for replays on PS?

I was hoping we could have something that would let us choose our own battle music on PS, kind of how X and Y now lets us choose our battle music when in a battle. Also, is it possible to implement a volume control button for replays on PS?
For Replays, you can adjust the volume by simply adjusting your computer's volume.

A minor idea: in the teambuilder, can an option to move created teams around in the order be implemented? Something similar to how you can change the order of Pokemon when building. It would make it slightly more convenient for the team you want to battle with the most at the time to be the one automatically in the Find Battle area.

Messenger System.
When I was little(er) I played games on Nickelodeon. On nickelodeon, it was possible to message people. These messages were pre-planned phrases that made it impossible to curse, show contact info, troll or show images not in the system.

- Hey, want to play *DAY* at *TIME*?

- A tournament is going on at *DATE*

This was essentially what nickelodeon did (only much simpler), and it worked really well. It was impossible to curse, de-Friend someone was easy, and they couldn't message you if you did, so no trolls.

this system would JUST be for befriending battlers and planing out times, asking if they will be on the server for events. these battle requests would be saved when you are not on at the time. The chat box at PS and the forums here can be used for discussion.

(Edited for modified proposal)

Last edited:
Messenger System.
When I was little(er) I played games on Nickelodeon. On nickelodeon, it was possible to message people. These messages were pre-planned phrases that made it impossible to curse, show contact info, troll or show images not in the system.

You cannot PM people who are not MUTUAL friends.

No animal names, genders, body parts or out-of-game actions so it is impossible to curse. Pre-programmed images. No html symbols so no hacking.

- it would be PMs like:

- Hey, want to play *DAY* at *TIME*?

- A tournament is going on at *DATE*

- *Pokemon* is better than *Pokemon* because of its *Stat* and *ability*

- No, *Pokemon* is better than *Pokemon* because it can learn *move*

- That was a good game!

- Good Pokemon team! Can I borrow your *Pokemon* idea?

This was essentially what nickelodeon did, and it worked really well. It was impossible to curse, defriending someone was easy, and they couldn’t message you if you did.
Are you saying that PS should limit the things you should be able to say? Do you know the impact that would have on the whole server?

No, the PM would JUST for notifications... maybe without any text at all except time and place for tournaments and battles. the chat box and the forums here can be for discussion. Just a way to keep track of frequent battlers to plan out times. nothing else.

No, the PM would JUST for notifications...
What do you mean by this?

No, the PM would JUST for notifications... maybe without any text at all except time and place for tournaments and battles. the chat box and the forums here can be for discussion. Just a way to keep track of frequent battlers to plan out times. nothing else.
Battlers can plan out times to battle without this function lol.

Not when they are not there at the time. If we can receive battle requests, tournaments and battles would be much easier to plan, I think.
Just for notifications as in not for talking or discussion. so it would be a medium for simple battle requests. Like I said, chat box and forums for everything else. I just think having a full-on PM system would be very easily abused.

So it wouldn't be a restriction, just an add-on.

Not when they are not there at the time. If we can receive battle requests, tournaments and battles would be much easier to plan, I think.
Just for notifications as in not for talking or discussion. so it would be a medium for simple battle requests. Like I said, chat box and forums for everything else. I just think having a full-on PM system would be very easily abused.

So it wouldn't be a restriction, just an add-on.
Why would you need a chat system that was restricted when sending these messages? I think this would also put a lot of strain on the server, but I don't know.

But it wouldn't be connected to the chat system. the chat system would still be there.

it just would be a plug-in date and time with message. Add-on-like.

Sorry, I'll post more organised. Oops o.o

It would be useless for trolls as it really isn't like a regular PM, the only similarity is that it is saved. Maybe you can even have it delete itself after it is viewed.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
An auto-DQ feature for tournaments on PS.

Say, a RO starts a tournament, and then goes AFK. Then a player in the tourney leaves the room for whatever reason. Instead of having to find and bother the RO, the opponent should be automatically DQed if he doesn't respond after, say 5 minutes.

I'd sat this is a minor thing that would be really helpful, especially in smaller rooms.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
An auto-DQ feature for tournaments on PS.

Say, a RO starts a tournament, and then goes AFK. Then a player in the tourney leaves the room for whatever reason. Instead of having to find and bother the RO, the opponent should be automatically DQed if he doesn't respond after, say 5 minutes.

I'd sat this is a minor thing that would be really helpful, especially in smaller rooms.
This has already been suggested by Scene and we will be sure to update you with the information if it does get added, thanks for the suggestion :)
Scene said:
Automatic disqualifications after a certain period of inactivity
In future, you can also post your suggestion here if you have any more ideas, this thread specifically deals with script tournaments!
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...eports-general-questions-suggestions.3505439/

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
No idea if this has been suggested before (probably has).

When you challenge someone (like a friend for some fun) privately and the window pops up, when the match is over this turns into a chat box. Is it possible to have that chat window be able to used to send challenges to said player as opposed to having to hunt them down in the user list again?

@ the two people below: crtl F is all well and good but the names still jump all over the place. Honestly, I've tried clicking that window all over seeing if there was a way to simply re-challenge at that point. I haven't noticed this "clicking their name" in that window and it working (unless its been added super recently).

Last edited:
No idea if this has been suggested before (probably has).

When you challenge someone (like a friend for some fun) privately and the window pops up, when the match is over this turns into a chat box. Is it possible to have that chat window be able to used to send challenges to said player as opposed to having to hunt them down in the user list again?
You don't really need to hunt them down on the user list; you can use control+f or /user [username], or if you've been chatting with the user in the PM you can click on their name and click "challenge".

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Kangaaroo I feel as though you are giving everyone in this thread your so-called solutions to problems that users don't really have. It is a suggestions thread, this can include small Quality of Life (QoL) changes to showdown to make things more convenient. In fact apart from the suggestions of "TAG BATTLES WHEN!?" and "FRIEND SYSTEM WHEN?!" most things people suggest here already have fixes. That doesn't mean we shouldn't focus on making things easier. I'm going to go out and say I doubt DHR is a dumb person, and obviously understands using ctrl+f or /user, but his idea still is a nice change that is only helpful, albeit not a 'priority' addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)