Sunny Daze

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
The heat is overpowering!

Actually it's freezing outside. What better way to represent this frigid weather than with a Sun team! (Oh Wait...) Anyways, this is my amazing offensebased Sun team! Now I have made changes from this team seeing as I originally had Chandelure instead of another made (I don't remember which one though). I had some very smart people help readjust it, and this team is one of my most used team ever. (And yes, this intro was sort bare-bones,but I promise you, the team is not.)

SilvahFox (Ninetales) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Sunny Day
- Toxic

Since this is a sun team who else would I need but Ninetails! This Ninetails set uses Sunny Day to prevent other weather from stealing my thunder (That's a pun) by putting up rain, sand or hail. Fire Blast is my main STAB move being much more powerful than the other moves that Ninetails can know, though it misses quite a bit. Solarbeam covers those bulky water types you see everywhere, though again, I have to be wary about weather inducers switching in. Life Orb boosts the power of both of these moves to make sure that they do, in fact, take out the opponent. Finally, Toxic is to whittle down other threats to the point of no return to close out the battle.

Dreamasaur (Venusaur) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Growth
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Here comes Venusaur! This dinosaur(?) is my main sun sweeper with Chlorophyll, obviously, to take out incredibly speedy threats. The idea is to come on a scald or something from a bulky water type while the sun is out, use a Growth, then prepare to sweep. Growth always get a +2 for Atk and SpA in Sun, and it works great with Venusaur's ability. Giga Drain is used for my STAB move simply because it gets me a recory. Also I have noticed that a +6 Giga Drain easily 2HKO's Chansey that isn't expecting it, and it allows me to fully heal myself. Hidden Power fire gets that ever needed sun boost to take out the Scizor, as well as other steelies I'll be facing. Sludge Bomb is my heavy hitting STAB on Venu, and it OHKO's anything that isn't resistant to it after a Sun Growth.

Magaman (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Heatran. What can be said about this guy? For starters he's a great bulky special attacker who can takes hits and give them. Fire Blast is, again, my choice of STAB to give the hits, and it hits HARD in sun. Hidden Power Ice is meant to give me some leverage over those pesky dragons that litter OU you like trash in my neighborhood park. Earth Power hits most of the sun threats that could potentially hit the team and throe me for a loop. Stealth Rock is my obligatory entry hazard move, nothing much else.

Draygon (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch

Here we are. My spectacular late-game sweeper. Dragonite is amazing thanks to Multiscale which lets me get an “almost” free shot. Choice Band gives me the threat coverage while still remaining to hit incredibly hard. It’s a low risk, high reward kind of deal, with me on the upper hand most of the time. Outrage severs as my obligatoy STAB, hitting everything but steel types hard. Earthquake gives me the coverage against Steels, Heatran (which this team suffers from), as well as other Electric Fire and Poison Threats. Fire Punch gets the much needed boost in sun, and Extremespeed gives me my priority. Multiscale is only and issue when it’s broken, leaving it defenseless. The only HUGE problem I have to worry about is Stealth Rocks, but luckily I’ve got someone for that.

Estrella (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Obligatory Rapid Spinner for dragonite? Check. But seriously, this thing is great in sun, not only as a rapid spinner, but also and a great rain counter. Obviously, I’m running the standard Starmie set, because any other set is garbage. Hydro Pump is my choice of STAB hitting hard in sun compared to Surf which does not as much damage, and hits even harder in Rain. Ice Beam gives me control over those pesky dragons that lurk behind every corner of OU. Thunderbolt is the move to hit the ever apparent bulky water type, and Rapid Spin? What are you? A person who uses Sunkern? GET IT TOGETHER! (it's for those Entry Hazards)

Wireless (Virizion) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Finally we have Virizion. Wireless. (That’s a pun). This big guy is a beast. Why? Because he covers both Sand and Rain. You see, if the opponent leads with a Tyranitar, I lead off with Virizion, set up and prepare to sweep. If a Politoed comes along, I do the exact same thing. Though Swords Dance isn’t the optimal set for Virizion, it really doesn’t matter whether I run Attack or Special Attack. Either way, I prefer Physical because, quite frankly, the only other Physical attacker I’ve got is Dragonite, and if he goes down, how do I take out Chansey and Blissey? Seeing as Leaf Blade is my only physical STAB I have to use it. Close Combat is an obvious STAB that can easily OHKO Jirachi after a Swords Dance, and Stone Edge for Flying types, and Volcarona, because that bug is a pest (My last pun. I promise).

That being said, If I ever run into to you on the ladder, you now know my full strategy,so it should be a breeze to beat me (lol). Either way, I hope you find some flaws, if there are any, that I would need to fix

Importable
SilvahFox (Ninetales) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Sunny Day
- Toxic

Dreamasaur (Venusaur) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Growth
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Magaman (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Draygon (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch

Estrella (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Wireless (Virizion) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hi there!

First off, i dont think life orb Ninetales will ever be good. The only reason to use ninetales is to set up the sun, so you just need to keep it alive as long as possible, and the recoil of Life orb isnt appreciated. You are also using a Ninetales without any sp. atk investiment, so it makes even less sense. I would suggest you the standard Specially defensive Ninetales, consisting of Flametrhower / Will-o-wisp / Roar / Sunny day, with an evs spread like this. EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd with a Calm Nature. This set focuses on keeping alive ninetales, which is the main reason to use it. First, you dont need the added power from Fire blast, you just need to hit some steel type without the risk of misses, thats why ftrower is prefered. W-o-w is generally a better option for Ninetales because it lets you beat the omnipresent Tyranitar, which otherwhise can pursuit you, and with a choice band it can easily ko you. Roar is here to avoid being a complete setup fodder of any dragon or whatever else that thinks it can setup on you (sub terrakion for example) and its prefered to solarbeam because you already have venusaur to hit grass type, also because its special atk is so low that you are not going to do any significant damages unless the thing you hit is gastrodon. You also have to be very very careful with solarbeam, because if you do it while Politoed or Tyranitar switchs in then you are fucked.
The evs spread lets you take less damages from Politoed, but also Keldeo and others water type. This is really needed because if ninetales switchs into politoed without the correct evs spread, it will take more than 50% by hydro pump. The speed evs still lets you outspeed adamant breloom, but you can put some more if you need to outspeed a certain treath.

Now, we have modest venusaur. I see so many people thinking that scarf Latios outspeeds venusaur, but *** it should not be so. The whole point of a clorophill sweeper is to outspeed stuff. If there is something commonly used that outspeeds a clorophill user, then you are doing it wrong. In this case, Scarf latios is the thing you have to outspeed to sweep properly. You should change your spread to outspeed it and ko it after a growth, which is; EVs: 76 Def / 252 SAtk / 182 Spd with a Timid Nature. With this you avoid that Scarf latios kos you with psyshock, you still maintain a good offensive presence with timid and you wont miss any important ko. The rest of the evs are in def to take better some priority like Ice shard mamoswine or bullet punch scizor, but they can be moved into hp if you prefer it.

Now, i would some changes to your members. I honestly dont get the reason why you have virizion since Venusaur pretty much does the same things, an another grass type is just redundant. If you need a way to play around better against Rain team and Sand team, then you should just use Dugtrio instead. Dugtrio here helps a lot, providing you a solid pokemon to get past Heatran and tiranitar. It can also weakens Politoed, and it should not be underestimated, also with the special defensive Ninetales i gave you, you will not need anymore two grass types to switch into water moves. Dugtrio is good if used in combination with starmie, because most tiranitar will have to switch out on it thinking they can pursuit it. If they do so, then you have trapped Ttar. The set i suggest you is Stealth rock / Earthquake / Reversal / Memento, focus sash as an item and a standard offesnvie spread 252 Atk / 252 Spe with jolly nature. Earthquake is the main stab, Reversal may be usefull if sash activates, against Tyranitar for example, while memento lets you avoid being setup fodder of everything.

If you put stealth rock here, then you have a free slot to use on Heatran. I think you can experiment a lot of things, i dont have the best suggestion here but i guess that Flame charge will work nicely. Flame charge can turn the slow Heatran into a deadly sweeper, providing there is sun up.

But now, the most important thing. I saw you spoke about dragonite doing "lategame cleans". This is, in my experience, false. choice band dragonite is used in early game to abuse of multiscale and open holes in the enemies team, its not exactly what i call lategame cleaner. But honestly, is choice band even needed here? it was, because you had to put Earthquake to avoid being stopped by heatran, but now, dugtrio can do a nice work trapping it so you should not have problems with it. So, what about a Dragon dance Dragonite instead of Cb? it gives you a real good late game cleaner, so that you can effectively abuse of multiscale to get some+1 and sweep the opponent. in general, i think your team should appreciate something that can sweep even without sun, so give it a try. Thats it i guess, hope i helped!

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sunny Day

your current spread--> EVs: 76 Def / 252 SAtk / 182 Spd with a Timid Nature

-->
Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Reversal
- Memento

Stealth rock--> Flame charge

Earthquake--> Dragon dance
Choice band--> Lum berry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)