SSB Super Staff Bros: Ultimate Discussion

The move “Hasty Revolution” used by the set for Haste Inky (Falinks) does not describe the effects of Protect in its move description. Despite this, the user is still protected from moves ala Protect. If this is a bug, please fix it for clarity

Attachments

Mathy

at my puter
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
hey, is it planned to bring the super metronome final fox functionality back? (you know, when dynamax clause was removed in SSB4)
i miss super metronome on main PS...

I compiled a list of every set walled by in the hills*
(To where minimal/no damage is taken each turn and you can alternate between Roost and Tidy Up freely)

Always:
- Artemis (Genesect)
- avarice (Sinistcha)
- Frostyicelad (Qwilfish-Hisui) (Bitter Malice variant)
- Lets go shuckles (Shuckle) (Glacial Lance variant)
- Lionyx (Miltank) (Glacial Lance variant)
- Loethalion (Ralts) (Psychic Noise variant)
- Nyx (Altaria)
- Rumia (Duskull)
- snake (Fidgit)

Pre-tera (Ground/Flying):
- Elly (Thundurus)
- Lionyx (Miltank) (Bolt Strike Variant)
- Sexymalasada (Typhlosion)
- sharp_claw (Sneasel-Hisui)
- Soft Flex (Magnezone)

Tera Water:
- Lyna (Dragonair)

Before I dive into participating in the ladder, I want to express what an incredible honor it has been to be part of this project and to have contributed so significantly. The outcome is phenomenal, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!

Just a couple of bugs to report:
Firstly, Platinum record (Kingbaruk's signature move) appears to deal damage to the user instead of healing him (See Turn 18)
Testing in Production (Hecate's signature move) appears to have a chance to do nothing. It might be raising then lowering the same stat, but if it is, it doesn't visually show, and the move description gives no indication there's a chance for the move to do nothing (See Turn 3)
I don't have a replay for this one, but Eternal Wish appears to fail on substitutes - presumably, the defog element fails and stops the rest of the move, but there's no reason to assume the wish portion of the move should fail.
I also don't have a replay for this one, but Sire Switch fails when used by a full HP Clodsire, presumably for a similar reason to eternal wish - recover fails, so the whole move fails.

Finally, Snake's signature move has a bug where is it completely broken. U-turn + poison opponent + THREE unblockable random hazards? There's not a huge amount of removal or magic guard in this tier, and this mon punishes you a ridiculous amount just for being slower or unable to OHKO it. Who thought this was a good idea??

Last edited:
The move "Hasty Revolution" performed by the set for Haste Inky (Falinks) doesn't mention the effects of Protect in its description. Surprisingly, despite this omission, the user still gains protection from moves similar to Protect. If this is indeed a bug, it would greatly enhance clarity to have it addressed and fixed.

Just a couple of bugs to report:
Firstly, Platinum record (Kingbaruk's signature move) appears to deal damage to the user instead of healing him (See Turn 18)
Testing in Production (Hecate's signature move) appears to have a chance to do nothing. It might be raising then lowering the same stat, but if it is, it doesn't visually show, and the move description gives no indication there's a chance for the move to do nothing (See Turn 3)
I don't have a replay for this one, but Eternal Wish appears to fail on substitutes - presumably, the defog element fails and stops the rest of the move, but there's no reason to assume the wish portion of the move should fail.
I also don't have a replay for this one, but Sire Switch fails when used by a full HP Clodsire, presumably for a similar reason to eternal wish - recover fails, so the whole move fails.

Finally, Snake's signature move has a bug where is it completely broken. U-turn + poison opponent + THREE unblockable random hazards? There's not a huge amount of removal or magic guard in this tier, and this mon punishes you a ridiculous amount just for being slower or unable to OHKO it. Who thought this was a good idea??
Update, I have a replay for Platinum Record: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9superstaffbrosultimate-2131512161 - It aims at the user, then heals you if you survive it (Turn 6).

I compiled a list of every set walled by in the hills*
(To where minimal/no damage is taken each turn and you can alternate between Roost and Tidy Up freely)

Always:
- Artemis (Genesect)
- avarice (Sinistcha)
- Frostyicelad (Qwilfish-Hisui) (Bitter Malice variant)
- Lets go shuckles (Shuckle) (Glacial Lance variant)
- Lionyx (Miltank) (Glacial Lance variant)
- Loethalion (Ralts) (Psychic Noise variant)
- Nyx (Altaria)
- Rumia (Duskull)
- snake (Fidgit)

Pre-tera (Ground/Flying):
- Elly (Thundurus)
- Lionyx (Miltank) (Bolt Strike Variant)
- Sexymalasada (Typhlosion)
- sharp_claw (Sneasel-Hisui)
- Soft Flex (Magnezone)

Tera Water:
- Lyna (Dragonair)
This ability is especially frustrating because there's essentially no counterplay if your team is mostly composed of these, plus in the hills also puts up Safeguard with its signature move and has Roost. I've had teams just completely helpless against it. I think the character limit should be increased to 13, or maybe just change the gimmick entirely.

I don't agree. There are many Mons against which you have no counterplay if you are unlucky (just right now I got swept by Returntomonkey because I had no psychic resistance), but the entire roster won't be nerfed just for that. If you fear this frustration feeling, just don't play randbats formats.
This gimmick is very original and shows the metagame self-refering by punishing too long moves, it would be a shame to lose that that can only be seen in such an SSB metagame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)