Resource SV Monotype Sample Teams [Teal Mask] | Submissions Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, how's it going? I'm new to competitive play and having a blast! Sorry if this message seems a bit odd, I'm Brazilian and using ChatGPT for translation.

I'm really looking for a viable insect team to climb the ladder, something that's genuinely good. I keep losing a lot with whatever I try, and I can't seem to make progress. Can anyone help me out?
Wrong thread. Try the teambuilding workshop. They are the ones who do requests when asking for help with building a team.

seroo

ong
is a Tiering Contributor
Suprised we still dont have any flying samples so ill just post a team I have been using in room tours.

:corviknight: :gliscor: :dragonite: :articuno: :enamorus: :thundurus:

Teams as basic and as normal as it gets. Its simple to use, nothing out of the ordinary and honestly just does consistently well vs most types.
Corvi is mostly there as a nice wall and defoger but it also does pretty well as an attacker for necesary chip in some cases , gliscor is honest to god a monster sometimes its another wall but it stalls out alot of mons with toxic tect and eq does well too vs damage. Dnite is the normal set , there to espeed prio spam in some cases, dd to set up sweep. Articuno is honestly just nice to have due to haze ( outspeeding and not dying to +6 azu and beating other set up mons with presure ) , enam is also a pretty normal set , sweeps in a few scenarios due to MU , but overall great. And thundy is here mostly for water, was using zap but i like the coverage on this way more to play vs ground more consistently and to 6-0 non rain water.

Corviknight @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Mirror Armor
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Gholdengo @ Life Orb
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Kingambit @ Assault Vest
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Tera Blast
- Iron Head

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Goodra-Hisui @ Assault Vest
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse

Iron Treads @ Assult Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Ice Spinner
- Iron Head
didn't have steel sample yet so decided to send mine

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/357ec37c5e9b2d33

Simple regenerator water squad that I've used since post-home and I recently used for reqs; went 37-2-1 with 87% gxe on the reqs alt so the team still works in the current metagame.

Toxapex and Slowking make the regenerator core and the other mons are here to support them. Urshifu-Rapid-Strike is the breaker of choice and greatly benefits from Slowking's future sight support; in addition, it provides strong priority with Aqua Jet to help against threats like Volcarona. Band is to ensure Muk dies when it tries to stay in to stall out the Future Sight turn by staying in. Sammurott is the team's ghost resist, who punishes all the ghost-types that like to come in on Slowking by forcing them out while setting a layer of Spikes. Rotom-Wash is Water's best Trick user (the others are Slowking and Slowbro, not great users of Trick), and also gives the team a nice ground immunity; Trick scarf is an easy way to neuter many would-be threats to the regenerator core. Quagsire is here as the team's SR user and Electric immunity, while providing a way to not lose to Sub DD Dragapult.

https://pokepast.es/69aeb913bcfb7cf1
So this electric team is a very HO team. Zap or be zapped. (thanks sificon)
Iron hands is holding the choice band to hit as hard as possible. The moveset is depending on what types you want to be able to beat. This moveset is what I generally thought would be worth electric attempting to beat. Boltbeam punch so it always has a move to click in most scenarios. Play rough is for the dark match up which would be unwinnable without it. Would be switchins get ohko’d or chipped to a point of no return. Close combat as your primary means of dealing damage. Nothing outside of very bulky resists like dealing with it.

Regieleki is our hazard remover and revenge killer. It’s fast enough to outspeed most things running a scarf outside of select few. If it can’t do anything in a particular game it can remover hazards and explode, leaving the opponent chpped for an ally to finish them off and make progress.

Pawmot is in a great speed tier to where it can outspeed things like garchomp and landorus. Ohko even bulky garchomp with speed investment over defense. It also has amazing coverage like iron hands to where you can play around with it. It has an expert belt to ensure it can get the most out of It’s said coverage. Ensuring a 2 hit ko on toxapex and threatening would be switch ins with it’s other coverage options. Seed bomb is for the water/grounds of the tier to ensure the team can progress vs water teams. Knock off is another option for hitting ghosts hard while being a generally great utility option. In general pawmot is needed as the faster attacker to offensively check massive threats to it’s teammates.

Alolan-Raichu is a fast special attacker that has just the right of traits as a special wall breaker. It has psyshock to run through poison after alolan-muk is dealt with. It has grass knot to handle great tusk and would be ground switch ins (For the most part). Volt switch to pivot out of an incoming switch. Generally thunderbolt can be run as the last move, however for hitting iron treads and urshifu-S I opted for focus blast.

Toxtricity may not look like much, however it’s crucial for dealing with some tricky situations such as fairy and oddly enough poison. After a shit gear it speed ties with scarf iron valiant. Gunk shot ensures a ko or 2hit ko on every single fairy expect klefki/tinkaton which it has its teammates to deal with. Against non clodsire poison it has an interesting ability to grab a 2hit KO after a shift gear boost on physically defensive amoonguss. Threatens toxapex out and every other pokemon with wild charge. Air ballon allows it to wall clodsire’s opting out of poison jab and give the team another ground pivot even if it can’t do much to ground types itself. Brick break is for screen architypes like ice and fairy.

Zapdos is the glue that keeps electric together. It’s our main ground immunity with the added benefit of being an immaculate bulky switch in. This bulk allows you to either discharge/thunder wave the opponent to give you a way out of very fast wallbreakers like fluttermane without sacking 2 teammates in the process. Hurricane is great STAB option into fighting/bug.

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
:Ceruledge: :Volcarona: :Ogerpon-Hearthflame: :Volcanion: :Talonflame: :Infernape:

Sunless fire submission. Handful of basic setup options that threaten majority of types. Destiny Bond Ceruledge has come into play in almost every matchup to remove a key threat to open up Ogerpon or Volcarona. Volcarona can be giga drain + psychic if you do not trust Ogerpons ability to solo water, but flame+bug buzz+morning sun threatens almost every other type and is my recommended choice. Moltres flying and fire mirrors aren't common, but for whenever they are, Rock Tomb as Ogerpons last move always felt efficient. The other 2 options are alright as well. Volcanion provides water immune, can break, and provides backup ground immunity. Talon is the main earthquake switch in and defogger. Gale wings defog is great for emergency situations, and the gale wings max attack brave birds snipe out many threats that can get out of hand. Opposing fire threats like Ceru/Oger, fighting threats like Sneasler, and a few other key targets are killed nicely by it. Infernapes mach punch is great for cleaning up pesky darks like chien and gambit, and backup priority is nice. In all my games I clicked uturn with infernape maybe once, so if you want stealth rocks its definitely an alternate option. Would not recommend flare blitz > fire punch. The health has come into play 10x more than the damage has. Youre clicking the fighting move 99% of the time. Team lacks a scarfer but with the prio options and the scary setup sweepers, it is rarely an issue.

Edit: Changed some moveslots and the Talonflame ev spread.

Last edited:

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Okidogi Fighting:

:Iron_Valiant: :Great_Tusk: :Zamazenta: :Iron_Hands: :Okidogi: :Urshifu:

Quick alternate fighting sample since Okidogi > Sneasler variants are definitely solid and reliable. Bulk up Dogi cleans up well vs a lot, such as mirror, steel, fairy, and certain ghosts, while also just being a secondary moonblast sponge next to Hands and also spreading toxic-knock offs, which provides amazing support. Lack of Sneasler means lack of speed, but scarf zamazenta hits benchmarks you couldnt before (scarf flutter and meow) while also still hitting pretty viciously hard and covering a bunch of threats with its coverage, being able to heavy slam past fairies and also do things like stone edge volcaronas. Last move I use psychic fangs for scarf sneaslers, damage on opposing zamazentas, kommos, and easier KO's vs iron moth. Ice Fang is a good other option since Lando-I is extremely scary, wild charge is just to surprise KO stuff like pelipper, and crunch covers some chipped ghosts. Urshifu and Iron Hands are pretty self explanitory, Great Tusk has ice spinner for gliscor and 80 spdef to live ribombee moonblast which can help to spin webs, and Valiant has its usual specs set. Vacuum wave to remove certain sped up threats, energy ball to ease up water matchup further, or shadow ball to help with certain ghosts are all solid options in final slot.

Azick

Love Sosa
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Never mind hehe ^
hehe stfu(we haven't looked at ur fire yet btw)

WAVE 2:
:Corviknight: :Articuno: :Enamorus: :Zapdos: :Dragonite: :Gliscor:

A pretty simply fat flying I made for suspect reqs. ID Corv was to handle the onslaught of Baxcalibur teams, and beyond frying the ice matchup, it performs solidly into dark and ground, and even puts a nice pressure stopgap vs dragon, normal, and grass teams. Articuno covers for the lack of SpDef corviknight for ice beams and moonblasts, and is generally used to PP stall stuff like greninja and flutter. Zapdos rounds out the pressure core, being solid into fighting, mirror, water, and nice into poison as well as far as stalling goes. Gliscor is a nice secondary spdef sponge, electric immunity, toxic spreader and rocker. Enam rounds out speed control + gives healing wish incase your team has been overpressured by certain breakers / status spreaders. Dragonite is mainly there for water resistance, assistance in helping threaten steel and dragon alongside zapdos and enamorus respectively. It also deters your opponents from recklessly going for kills, lest they risk Dragonite reverse sweeping. Outrage > Claw is a good alternative.
Approved

:sv/brambleghast: :sv/abomasnow: :sv/ogerpon-hearthflame: :sv/meowscarada: :sv/torterra: :sv/amoonguss:

Eject Button Amoonguss Grass

Back for my second attempt at making a Grass team. This team is largely based off the CCAT that Asruna~Keaton and I co-hosted, which was around Ogerpon-Hearthflame.

:brambleghast: Brambleghast is our resident entry hazard remover. Spell Tag and max Attack EVs actually let it OHKO Flutter Mane 56.3% of the time, while boosting Poltergeist to be a fairly threatening move against Ghost-types like Gholdengo and Skeledirge. Rapid Spin and Spikes allow this thing to set and remove hazards, although Strength Sap can be run over Spikes if the recovery is needed. It's a rather under-rated option due to its ability to threaten spinblockers and remove hazards efficiently.

:abomasnow: Abomasnow is the catalyst for our setup sweepers. 8 turns of Aurora Veil mean that your sweepers become incredibly threatening, letting them set up far easier. It also functions as our main special attacker, with Blizzard nailing Flying-types, and Ice neutrality (although boosting the opponent's Defense isn't what you want). Pretty self-explanatory addition to the team.

:ogerpon-hearthflame: Ogerpon-Hearthflame, the 'mon the CCAT was built around. Swords Dance + Horn Leech under Veil can easily become incredibly hard to defeat, while Ivy Cudgel smacks Steel- and Ice-types. Its Ice neutrality is also appreciated, giving the team a chance against the type (although don't be praying - it's still an insanely hard matchup) Finally, it harasses Fairy teams thanks to its resistance.

:meowscarada: Scarf Meowscarada has been a staple on Grass before the DLC (and HOME), and it remains as our speed control option on this team. Not much else to say.

:torterra: Shell Smash Torterra blessed Grass during the DLC. Headlong Rush and Rock Blast, in tandem with Loaded Dice, allow this 'mon to easily sweep under Aurora Veil. Loaded Dice Bullet Seed is also incredibly powerful. This is the 'mon of choice in the Fire matchup, while also helping significantly alongside Ogerpon-Hearthflame in the Poison and Steel matchups. It also puts in lots of against slower teamstyles, like bulky Water and stall Poison.

:amoonguss: During the CCAT, the Monotype room discussed the inability of Grass to bring its sweepers in safely without sacrificing a crucial part of the team. Eject Button Amoonguss, a solution proposed by some of the higher-ups and used on this team, found its way here as a blanket switch-in that also lets you either set up Aurora Veil or setup and sweep with either Ogerpon-Hearthflame or Torterra. Additionally, the damage it takes on that switch-in is mitigated by Regenerator. Beyond that switch-in, though, Amoonguss puts in work to bring our sweepers in. Spore can either create a setup opportunity or temporarily immobilize a key switchin to the aforementioned threats. Not only that, but it helps immensely in the Fairy matchup alongside Ogerpon-Hearthflame. Not to mention, Regenerator plus pretty decent stats lets it be a good wall. Overall, Eject Button Amoonguss is the glue that holds the team together.

Approved

Suprised we still dont have any flying samples so ill just post a team I have been using in room tours.

:corviknight: :gliscor: :dragonite: :articuno: :enamorus: :thundurus:

Teams as basic and as normal as it gets. Its simple to use, nothing out of the ordinary and honestly just does consistently well vs most types.
Corvi is mostly there as a nice wall and defoger but it also does pretty well as an attacker for necesary chip in some cases , gliscor is honest to god a monster sometimes its another wall but it stalls out alot of mons with toxic tect and eq does well too vs damage. Dnite is the normal set , there to espeed prio spam in some cases, dd to set up sweep. Articuno is honestly just nice to have due to haze ( outspeeding and not dying to +6 azu and beating other set up mons with presure ) , enam is also a pretty normal set , sweeps in a few scenarios due to MU , but overall great. And thundy is here mostly for water, was using zap but i like the coverage on this way more to play vs ground more consistently and to 6-0 non rain water.
Rejected

Corviknight @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Mirror Armor
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Gholdengo @ Life Orb
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Kingambit @ Assault Vest
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Tera Blast
- Iron Head

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Goodra-Hisui @ Assault Vest
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse

Iron Treads @ Assult Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Ice Spinner
- Iron Head
didn't have steel sample yet so decided to send mine
Rejected

https://pokepast.es/69aeb913bcfb7cf1
So this electric team is a very HO team. Zap or be zapped. (thanks sificon)
Iron hands is holding the choice band to hit as hard as possible. The moveset is depending on what types you want to be able to beat. This moveset is what I generally thought would be worth electric attempting to beat. Boltbeam punch so it always has a move to click in most scenarios. Play rough is for the dark match up which would be unwinnable without it. Would be switchins get ohko’d or chipped to a point of no return. Close combat as your primary means of dealing damage. Nothing outside of very bulky resists like dealing with it.

Regieleki is our hazard remover and revenge killer. It’s fast enough to outspeed most things running a scarf outside of select few. If it can’t do anything in a particular game it can remover hazards and explode, leaving the opponent chpped for an ally to finish them off and make progress.

Pawmot is in a great speed tier to where it can outspeed things like garchomp and landorus. Ohko even bulky garchomp with speed investment over defense. It also has amazing coverage like iron hands to where you can play around with it. It has an expert belt to ensure it can get the most out of It’s said coverage. Ensuring a 2 hit ko on toxapex and threatening would be switch ins with it’s other coverage options. Seed bomb is for the water/grounds of the tier to ensure the team can progress vs water teams. Knock off is another option for hitting ghosts hard while being a generally great utility option. In general pawmot is needed as the faster attacker to offensively check massive threats to it’s teammates.

Alolan-Raichu is a fast special attacker that has just the right of traits as a special wall breaker. It has psyshock to run through poison after alolan-muk is dealt with. It has grass knot to handle great tusk and would be ground switch ins (For the most part). Volt switch to pivot out of an incoming switch. Generally thunderbolt can be run as the last move, however for hitting iron treads and urshifu-S I opted for focus blast.

Toxtricity may not look like much, however it’s crucial for dealing with some tricky situations such as fairy and oddly enough poison. After a shit gear it speed ties with scarf iron valiant. Gunk shot ensures a ko or 2hit ko on every single fairy expect klefki/tinkaton which it has its teammates to deal with. Against non clodsire poison it has an interesting ability to grab a 2hit KO after a shift gear boost on physically defensive amoonguss. Threatens toxapex out and every other pokemon with wild charge. Air ballon allows it to wall clodsire’s opting out of poison jab and give the team another ground pivot even if it can’t do much to ground types itself. Brick break is for screen architypes like ice and fairy.

Zapdos is the glue that keeps electric together. It’s our main ground immunity with the added benefit of being an immaculate bulky switch in. This bulk allows you to either discharge/thunder wave the opponent to give you a way out of very fast wallbreakers like fluttermane without sacking 2 teammates in the process. Hurricane is great STAB option into fighting/bug.
Rejected

https://pokepast.es/d134695f1d629f1c
Posting cause I didn't see a fly sample. Solid and consistent.
This is like the same as scarlet's and he was first so gg
Tailwind HO Dark
https://pokepast.es/c1a2a9602e31944c
I might update it a bit down the line, this teams just plain fun though. Send in shiftry, taunt/tailwind, explode, then like just go Band Shifu or something and kill shit.
Rejected

Also adding:
https://pokepast.es/cf9782b360f064bb - Steel(Giyu) - Not sure where this came from but yea-must of been individually submitted to neko
https://pokepast.es/d5f69d7ebd822fb3 - Dragon(Neko)
https://pokepast.es/ce04be3cd5ab0c3b - Fire(Neko)
https://pokepast.es/40f585df0ff583ac - Electric(Neko)
https://pokepast.es/080ab837be658358 - Ghost(Neko)
https://pokepast.es/1be8c341f45e1206 - Normal (Sample Team Approvers + Chaitanya)

Last edited:
Orth https://pokepast.es/ba9d390adb3b16a4
- Just did max defense for ghold but rocky helm + physical bulk with tbolt is a huge help for zumi. It's also a solid answer to Urshifu, and makes the mono fighting mu much easier in general.
If you want to swap Hoodra for Emp, that'll allow you to take rocks off Orth if you want. Keeping Hoodra makes Elec not as disadvantageous, though mons like Sandy Shocks will still make that a problem mu.
- Orth is worm

https://pokepast.es/9c72831e5ed883cd
Specs pult hits everything bar fairy types really hard with draco and flamethrower really helps against mono steel. It also has an amazing speed stat allowing it to outspeed and OHKO chien-pao and flutter mane with flamethrower and shadow ball respectively.
Roaring moon can potentially sweep teams if it can get off a ddance.Iron head hits fairies apart from tink and klefki very hard and acro and knock off hit most things for very good damage. Extremely solid and can put in big damage against most teams. Lum is nice to power up acro and avoid annoying burns and paras
Garchomp is the designated spikes and stealth rock lead and dragon tail is nice to stop setup.
Baxcalibur is very good into the very common mono flying and brings some very strong priority to the team.Eq hits fire and steel types trying to come in on an ice move. I went SD over DDance to give it more raw power allowing it to break bulkier teams more easily.
Hisuian Goodra saves this team in a mono fairy matchup. AV and max def makes it incredibly bulky and it can stop setup as well as having good coverage.
Scarf walking wake brings good speed control to the team allowing it to OHKO chien pao with flamethrower if its not sash. Draco deals great damage flip turn brings momentum and surf is always nice to have.
Valiant is a large problem for this team which is why I am AV on goodra so it can tank 2 aura spheres and ko with flash cannon.
Chomp can also chip down physical attackers with rocky helmet which can help this team break bulky attackers more easily. Impish+helmet makes it a great physical wall.
Pult also acts as a spin blocker so you can keep hazards up against a lot of teams where they dont have a defogger and most defoggers do not have a great matchup into this team.
This team can actually fare OK against mono ice as Hisuian Goodra can wall non sacred sword chien pao as well as quite common mons like atales and potentially cetitan. Scarf wake and specs pult are also good into ice and steel with flamethrower, two types that often can beat dragon.
Only major problem this has is klefki dual screens on fairy.
DROP A DRACO

Edit: was struggling slightly against stall water so changed to tbolt on pult from flamethrower. I can hit the ice/steels with wakes flamethrower instead

Last edited:
IDK if thats a detailed enough analysis but there we go. Credit to TheWyvernking for bax set (if borrowing sets isnt allowed ill change)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)