Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

Ok guys to make this cancerous thread less cancerous, how will the meta change if Volcarona goes? Which Pokémon would benefit or not benefit?
IMO the metagame will not change much. Pokemon that were already good like Landorus-T, Samurott-H, and Kingambit probably benefit the most since the type of teams those Pokemon are used on tend to get 6-0'd by Volcarona unless using Tera Fire Balloon Kingambit. Some non-Clodsire / Unaware balances probably become better as well. Raging Bolt and Kyurem become better I think, as does Rillaboom. Random niche mons that auto-lose to Volcarona like Rotom-W and Tinkaton also benefit a lot. As for losers, T-Wave Hex Gholdengo becomes more trash than it already is since it loses to one target its suppose to lure. Blissey I guess loses as well. SpDef Dozo loses half its value with a Volcarona ban.
I still think it's early but as it's an interesting question, Kyurem certainly becomes even more free to click brainless Ice-moves.
Moltres may gain a niche because of Flame Body and Iron Moth will be something many will try as a replacement, although it lacks Quiver Dance.
Moltres arguably loses more since one of its niches rn is being a decent Volcarona check with either Brave Bird or Roar.

Iron crown is my favorite pokemon to use lately. It occasionally sweeps a team but always makes good progress. Volc is a common roadblock. I do expect if we banned 10 other things it would become part of the discussion.

Will go for reqs and vote dnb. 4 priority move team never had a problem with volc, do not care to make balance stronger. I'm doing slightly better with offense right now but barely.

Last edited:
What teams are you all going to run for the suspect test? Might just entirely play a sample team for shit and giggles.
i'm trying to build a sun team with volc, iron moth, and slither wing because this might be the last opportunity to ever make triple moth death barrage, but i'm having trouble figuring out who my last two guys are gonna be

i'm trying to build a sun team with volc, iron moth, and slither wing because this might be the last opportunity to ever make triple moth death barrage, but i'm having trouble figuring out who my last two guys are gonna be
How about H-Lilligant as another sun abuser that brings needed speed control and also to make up for your team’s massive Rock weakness. Then put Band GF for Band GF’s sake.

I swear this Forum is like a movie bro. One moment y'all are arguing like children and the next y'all resolve it... until 2 hours passes and it happens again.

Really thought that something would change. Gonna curl up into a ball and cry, pray to Jesus that a Forum can keep their act together

Indeedee to stop priority and ribombee to set webs and tailwind or sunny day again plus its a bug /hj

I swear this Forum is like a movie bro. One moment y'all are arguing like children and the next y'all resolve it... until 2 hours passes and it happens again.

Really thought that something would change. Gonna curl up into a ball and cry, pray to Jesus that a Forum can keep their act together
We can all agree on some things and that’s the glue of this forum

Lax rules will do that. Most forums here are better than this. Monotype has more strict rules and therefore some higher quality. Nat Dex Ubers is also really good.

THE GREAT OU FORUM TREATY OF PAGE 400
Our great forum has been through a tumultuous time in the last couple dozen pages. Ubers dropdown discussions, arguments between this time’s great thinkers, and there needs to be change. This is a very important page, nearly 10000 posts since the DLC of our lord Indigo Disc, and unless something crazy happens for legends Z-A, our last discussion thread. We need to reobtain the peace of our forum, or petty arguments could bring the tier to a standstill. This is an issue of Xerneas and Yveltal. I, as a neutral 1400 ELO player, am here to propose a set of rules.​
  1. Volcarona gets suspected.​
  2. We stop fighting.​
Thank you for coming to my Ursaluna talk.​

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
THE GREAT OU FORUM TREATY OF PAGE 400
Our great forum has been through a tumultuous time in the last couple dozen pages. Ubers dropdown discussions, arguments between this time’s great thinkers, and there needs to be change. This is a very important page, nearly 10000 posts since the DLC of our lord Indigo Disc, and unless something crazy happens for legends Z-A, our last discussion thread. We need to reobtain the peace of our forum, or petty arguments could bring the tier to a standstill. This is an issue of Xerneas and Yveltal. I, as a neutral 1400 ELO player, am here to propose a set of rules.​
  1. Volcarona gets suspected.​
  2. We stop fighting.​
Thank you for coming to my Ursaluna talk.​
you’re doing it wrong you have to wait for the legendary 10k post

He passed the last suspect test, bros probably sticking around for another while
Yeah I’m not fooling myself. Most realistically, it would have to be a huge surge in Kyurem after Volc is banned and then the council decides the QB. But I know we‘ve been stockholmed into loving cracked pokemon this gen, so I am very doubtful that would happen.

Yeah I’m not fooling myself. Most realistically, it would have to be a huge surge in Kyurem after Volc is banned and then the council decides the QB. But I know we‘ve been stockholmed into loving cracked pokemon this gen, so I am very doubtful that would happen.
Oh definitely, I'm personally kinda biased but I am glad that Kyurem is having some legitimate success for at least once cause this is probably the last time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 26)