Project SV OU: The Next Best Thing (Week 11: Iron Moth) (Votings Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
POV: Budget synthesis

:Meowscarada: Bulky Charm Leech Seed Meowscarada :Meowscarada:

Meowscarada @ Leftovers
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Charm
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

This is a meowscarada which can actually take hits, and recover with leech seed. Since meowscarada is still paper thin, it has charm to make it physically better.
Spikes is very good for punishing switches, in case the opponent doesn't like being charmed or seeded, and knock off is great for damage, and removing heavy-duty boots

That's about it lol. I hope y'all enjoy the car

:SV/Meowscarada: the fat cat sat on a mat and at the mat was a rat that the fat cat splat.

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
By the time y'alls are indulged in creating sets for Meowscarada, I believe it is time to announce Results for Slate-1: Great Tusk!!

The rankings are as follows:->
  1. Chesto Berry + Rest by Lobby Eeveee
  2. Substitute + Bulk Up by BT89
  3. Offensive Choice Scarf by Finchinator
  4. Eject Pack + Endevour by Nameless90
  5. Assault Vest Lure by Poke nerd
  6. Offensive Bolt Beam by CheeseBakon
  7. Salac Berry + Reversal by kd458
  8. Substitute + 3 Attacks by incorolla
  9. Defensive Taunt by Eeveeto
  10. Tera Fairy + Play Rough by Savouras
  11. Focus Sash + Endevour by Motor Hawk
  12. Tera Rock + Rollout by Siuan
  13. Heat Rock + Sunny Day by CheesyBrie
The complete link for all the sets (in the same order as above) is given below!!

SV OU: The Next Best Thing (Week 1: Great Tusk)

If you people wish to, you may give your opinions & views on Lobby Eeveee Chesto Rest Great Tusk Set (just like how kd458 does), for I'll put them in the Hall of Fame!!

Congratulations to all the participants :-D

Last edited:

kd458

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:Focus_Sash: Skill Swap:Meowscarada:
1699625163329.png

Young Nudy (Meowscarada) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overgrow
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick / Knock Off
- Taunt
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Skill Swap

Like A Wise Man Once Said: Cat, Meow... Focus Sash Meowscarada has always been a pretty good hazard lead for HO with its fast Taunt + Spikes / Toxic Spikes (depending on what the team needs more), but is typically hard countered by Hatterene, who can bounce back Spikes and recover most of the damage that Meowscarada deals with Draining Kiss. Enter Skill Swap. This move allows Meow to remove Hatterene's Magic Bounce and set up hazards in its face, while also finding other use-cases for the many mons reliant on their abilities that may be in on Meowscarada. Leading it into a Gliscor? Spike as they Protect, then Taunt them to prevent them from setting their own hazards alongside you; if they elect to stay in and Earthquake you down as you set hazards, a surprise Skill Swap will cause them to take big damage from their own Toxic Orb that cannot be healed off with Protect and forces them to switch out.

There are some other fun interactions that this set has, like walling Flash Fire Heatran and swapping away Glimmora's Toxic Debris to allow for Meow to safely attack it, and if Meowscarada is not sac'd at lead it can later come in for a variety of roles such as removing Clefable's Magic Guard or defusing a last-mon Kingambit's Supreme Overlord. Flower Trick is a good STAB option that gets boosted by Overgrow when taken down to sash, while Knock Off can alternatively be used for utility. Tera Ghost is usually unnecessary but allows Meowscarada to function as a spinblocker vs Great Tusk and Torkoal in case hazards are worth sacrificing Tera for.

Last edited:
Okay sorry for not reading the rules carefully, then I suppose I could optimise it

Meowscarada @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protean / Overgrow
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Aura Sphere / Power Gem / Giga Drain
- Trick / U-turn / Tera Blast / Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse / U-turn

I added Giga Drain and U-turn, for constant healing plus repeatable stab and momentum respectively. This is the only real things that I could add bc other options overlap coverage (shadow ball, pollen puff) or too weak. Hopefully I don't miss the rules this time around

Last edited:

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Okay sorry for not reading the rules carefully, then I suppose I could optimise it

Meowscarada @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protean / Overgrow
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Aura Sphere
- Trick
- Dark Pulse

This is quiet the most optimal one for now, aura sphere is specifically for kingambit which is just so common. I prefer protean since you are rarely switching moves anyway, however with trick ruining walls though you would lose stab so you still could run overgrow.
Welp, I'm afraid you still haven't read the rules!! You aren't allowed to remove elements from your set (many slashes & Power Gem).. Also, to repost your set, you need to add some elements as well!! Consider checking your original post in Week 4 to see what changes can be made!!

Sorry :blobsad:

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Thanks a lot for the tremendous first slate of The WildCard Week!! I'll announce the result all at once! Posting the rules & info again!

For those who hadn't participated in the previous slates, you are allowed to post new & exiting sets for each one of them (only applicable if you haven't participated in that slate), keeping the BanList in mind!!

For those who had participated in the previous slates, you are also allowed to modify your sets, meaning you can't remove any item or move (unless they're nerfed or banned), but can definitely add some!!

If this all confuses you, but you still wish to participate, you can definitely reach out to me on my Discord or Smogon Convo :-D!!

Make sure to hurry, because each slate lasts only 2 days!

Submissions Open

Slate - 4 (Ting-Lu)

:sv/ting-lu:

With last time winner being Lobby Eeveee Sand Tomb + Spite Set, we had received insane amount of sets. Do you think that's enough? Definitely NO!! Let's see if Trapping Vessel saves its position, or a newcomer becomes the Next Best Thing!!

SmogDex
Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Tera Type: Poison / Fairy / Ghost
Careful Nature
- Spikes / Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Ruination / Stealth Rock / Stone Edge

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Atk / 252 SpD
Tera Type: Water / Poison / Fairy
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Ruination
- Stealth Rock / Spikes
- Stone Edge

Hall of Fame:

Lobby Eeveee (Ting-Lu) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Poison / Fairy
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock / Spite
- Earthquake
- Sand Tomb
- Ruination

Incorolla (Ting-Lu) @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam / Spikes
- Earthquake
- Throat Chop
- Tera Blast

Nameless90 (Ting-Lu) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 244 SpD / 24 Spe
Tera Type: Poison
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Ruination
- Rest
- Spite

Poke Nerd (Ting-Lu) @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Fighting / Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Body Press
- Body Slam
- Heavy Slam

Ryomathekillers (Ting-Lu) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake / Whirlwind
- Spikes / Earthquake
- Stealth Rock / Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Bruh Wobuffet (Ting-Lu) @ Rocky Helmet
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock / Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Spikes

Whaloob (Ting-Lu) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes / Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind / Stealth Rock
- Rest / Protect
- Earthquake

You all are invited to refurbish your previous sets for Ting-Lu!! :-D

Lobby Eeveee
incorolla
nameless90
Poke nerd
Ryomathekillers
Bruh Wobuffet
Whaloob

Remember, you can only modify your sets, but can't create new ones!! Enjoy!!
Submissions Deadline: Sunday, November 17, 7:30 AM GMT

I present to you....
CHONK LU V2

:sv/ting lu:

Ting-Lu @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Fighting / Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Ruination / Body Press
- Heavy Slam / Zen Headbutt
- Sand Tomb / Body Slam

as you can see, there's a lot more freedom in your choices this time around, as well as new opertunities. In the :gliscor: meta, this thing woulda SUCKED. But it's gone now, bringing this thing new life.

:alomomola:'s surge in popularity makes this set even better, with wish passing keeping it healthy. It'll be a nuisance to any team with it's high bulk ( and now decent longevity) and several good options.

It turns out ruination also works on AV, giving it reliable damage no matter the opponent's typing. Zen headbutt is still nice for valiant, but also hits the likes of sneasler hard through air balloon. Great tusk also isn't the biggest fan of taking it. I took inspiration from the previous winner, and included sand tomb as an option, being another option as a nuisance move, especially since you deal decent DMG still.

I BELIEVE IN CHONK LU V2

Live Ting-Lu Reaction
real

:Ting-Lu: Weakness Policy Ting-Lu :Ting-Lu:

Ting-Lu @ Weakness Policy
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lash Out
- Zen Headbutt

Need time to finish lol

kd458

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
For when you want to beat stall but your budget is too low for Heatran:

Grip Claw Ting-Lu
1699990888281.png

Ball W/O Lu (Ting-Lu) @ Grip Claw
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 24 HP / 160 Def / 200 SpD / 124 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sand Tomb
- Heavy Slam / Ruination
- Taunt
- Rest

With Sand Tomb and Grip Claw, Ting-Lu is able to trap a mon for 7 turns guaranteed, dealing a total of 87.5% of their health. While most passive Pokémon that would be good targets for this are able to heal it off, Taunt can be used to prevent this, locking the opponent in and guaranteeing that they will die if they can't kill Ting-Lu in 7 turns / before damage from Lu's attacks deals enough that they die to the Sand Tomb trapping effect. Ruination greatly accelerates the process of eliminating the mon, but this leaves Lu unable to take out Magic Guard Clefable, and so Heavy Slam is the preferred choice as this allows it to trap and kill every mon that a stall team has aside from Corviknight; Ruination gives Lu an option to force Corviknight to Roost and trap it with Sand Tomb, although Lu is slower and so cannot Taunt it to prevent Roosts. Rest gives Lu great longevity into stall as with speed investment and pivoting it can often get free entry points to Rest and take advantage of their passive playstyle to burn turns and wake up.

The given spread outspeeds Clefable and dodges a 3HKO from its Moonblast, while the remaining investment is placed in defense to reduce its chance of being 3HKOd by Dondozo's Liquidation to 4.4% and give it much better odds to win 1v1 particularly with Tera. Tera Ghost is selected as it is near impossible for Stall to hit this type super effectively, while it also blocks attempts at using Rapid Spin from Great Tusk that is trying to free itself (although this set will only effectively trap non-Leftovers Tusk). Trapping and eliminating targets is somewhat reliant on them either not running lefties or having them previously Knocked off, since with Leftovers the total damage dealt by trapping is reduced to 43.75%; This is no issue into Stall though, as typically they will pack boots on most of the team.

If a trap is looking risky or won't be a success due to crits or other misfortune, Lu is pretty safe to Rest up and reattempt this trapping later; Sand Tomb has 24PP, much greater than Heatran's 8 Magma Storms. Tera Steel is another option that lets Lu cleanly 2HKO Clefable with Heavy Slam, but you lose an immunity to Fighting moves that can be useful in a pinch to check ID Zamazenta and Sneasler, a Tera Ghost Ruination set able to comfortably 1v1 the former barring a double Crunch defense drop. One other benefit of this set is its ability to use Tera to punish Choiced attackers that it dodges a 3HKO from; this means that other options for a defensive tera like Poison or Water can be considered to trap mons like Rillaboom and Walking Wake. Ghost is generally best though, with Steel being a close second in my opinion.
Offensive calcs do not matter greatly into a Stall mon without Leftovers, as Lu will kill them in 7 turns if it can deal more than 12.5% damage by then, 6 turns with 25% damage dealth and so on; a Ruination Lu will therefore kill a mon in 4 turns, or 5 if Ruination deals 49.9%. However, for Heavy Slam Lu, calcs vs Clefable are particularly important as it will not experience any residual damage from Sand Tomb, and other relevant calcs are also provided here.

0 Atk Ting-Lu Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 164-194 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Ting-Lu Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Valiant: 204-242 (70.5 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Ting-Lu Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Hatterene: 146-172 (45.9 - 54%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery: This outdamages how much Hatt can recover from up to +2 Draining Kiss.
0 Atk Ting-Lu Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 185-218 (28.3 - 33.4%) --guaranteed 3HKO after trapping damage
0 Atk Ting-Lu Sand Tomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 27-33 (5.3 - 6.5%) -- possible 6HKO after trapping damage: 3 Sand Tombs are required to kill Donzodo after 7 turns of trapping.
0 Atk Ting-Lu Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Enamorus: 250-296 (86.5 - 102.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO: You can't trap Enamorus, but you live a hit and do massive damage with Heavy Slam.
0 Atk Ting-Lu Heavy Slam (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 156+ Def Garganacl: 62-74 (15.3 - 18.3%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after Leftovers recovery and trapping damage: This set can 1v1 Garg even with it having Leftovers, with Tera Ghost beating Body Press variants.
Without Defensive Tera:
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 24 HP / 200+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 128-152 (28 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 Atk Dondozo Liquidation vs. 24 HP / 160 Def Ting-Lu: 134-158 (29.3 - 34.5%) -- 4.4% chance to 3HKO
252+ Def Dondozo Body Press vs. 24 HP / 160 Def Ting-Lu: 128-152 (28 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 SpA Toxapex Surf vs. 24 HP / 200+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 78-92 (17 - 20.1%) -- possible 5HKO
252 SpA Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 24 HP / 200+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 194-230 (42.4 - 50.3%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

With Defensive Tera:
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 24 HP / 200+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Tera Ghost Ting-Lu: 64-76 (14 - 16.6%) -- possible 7HKO
0 Atk Dondozo Liquidation vs. 24 HP / 160 Def Tera Ghost Ting-Lu: 67-79 (14.6 - 17.2%) -- possible 6HKO
0 Atk Zamazenta Crunch vs. 24 HP / 160 Def Tera Ghost Ting-Lu: 98-116 (21.4 - 25.3%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 24 HP / 200+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Tera Ghost Ting-Lu: 126-148 (27.5 - 32.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Enamorus Moonblast vs. 24 HP / 200+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Tera Ghost Ting-Lu: 157-186 (34.3 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Revamp~

Bruh Wobuffet (Ting-Lu) @ Rocky Helmet / Red Card
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock / Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Memento / Taunt
- Spikes

Just like before, it is an aggressive hazard lead. I suppose I could add red card and taunt as potential options, former forcing the opponent out for a ideal start and the latter for disrupting even slower mons.

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Submissions Closed
Thanks a lot for all the new & improved sets for the WildCard Week!!

Hereby, I announce the commencement of voting. You guys probably know the drill! We will be voting in Ranked Pairs. Basically, you'll be ranking the sets in descending order of their viability, creativity & relevance to the metagame (you need to vote for a minimum of 2 candidates & a maximum of 5). An example could be A > B > C > D > E > F or F > E > D > C > B > A.

You may use the alphabets written in front of the sets to vote.

:Sv/meowscarada:

Slate-3 (Meowscarada)

New/Edited Sets:

Screenshot_20231117-125715.png

Old Unedited Sets:

Screenshot_20231117-125929.png

Screenshot_20231117-125942.png

For the Next Week (probably after November), the candidates for the Topics are as follows (we've decided to add all of the A Rank & above Viable Mons, you need to vote for atleast 2 in Ranked Pairs) :->

:gholdengo: :dragapult: :iron valiant: :zamazenta: :cinderace: :clefable: :iron moth: :manaphy: :ninetales-alola: :rillaboom: :samurott-hisui: :sneasler:

(Members who voted for the Next Week's Topic last 2 Slates aren't allowed to vote for it!! They can still vote for the Meowscarada Sets!!

Voting Deadline: Tuesday, November 20, 7:30 AM GMT

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
While everyone votes for the Meowscarada week, I hereby announce the results for the Dragonite Slate.

The rankings & points are as follows :->

1. Life Orb + Dragon Dance by blooclipse
    (13 points)
  2. Tera Steel by EntryHazardous
    (12 Points)
  3. Offensive Choice Specs by incorolla
    (11 points)
  4. Tera Normal + Silk Scarf by Savouras
    (10 points)
  5. Bulky Offensive Substitute by Sailorgreatest
    (9 points)
  6. Bulky Special Attacker by Eeveeto
    (8 points)
  7. Physical Rain by kd458
    (7 Points)
  8. Mixed Attacker White Herb by CheeseBakon
    (6 points)
  9. Defensive Trapper / Phaser by Poke nerd
    (5 points)
  10. Mixed Rain Abuser by Ryomathekillers
    (4 points)
  11. Substitute + Dragon Tail by Lobby Eeveee
    (3 points)
  12. Bulky Rest Sweeper by nameless90
    (2 points)
  13. Tera Normal + Wrap by furyofyuriy

Following is the list of all the sets arranged in descending order of their votes received :->

List of Participating Sets (Total: 13 Sets)

For those wondering what points are, they're basically part of the new Leaderboard system. Check the Hall of Fame (new one) for more info & the whole leaderboard.

The top 3 players on the leaderboard are :->

1. incorolla & Lobby Eeveee
  2. Poke nerd & Savouras
  3. blooclipse , CheeseBakon & kd458
Participate in more weeks to get higher on the list.

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
New Update:

We'll now allow the players to post the sets for the previous Weeks as well (if they hadn't participated there). You are allowed to send me the sets personally to conversation (highly suggested), but can even submit it here. We won't conduct the votings as of now, but I'll rank them at the bottom of HOF. These sets will be voted in the next Wildcard Week.

Last edited:
G>K>E>C>I>D then everything else.

G: surprisingly good at luring both scarf :enamorus: ( after a bit of chip) and :kingambit: and overall as a scarfer.

K:great overall coverage, hitting a lot for SE damage, abusing the :expert belt:, with tera fire hitting steels and amoon

E: the mixed eject pack is very effective against stall, and could be decent on offense.

C: HA eat overgrow BOZOS! Good lead set but swapping out gets rid of overgrow, but you can steal and abuse toxic debris from :glimmora:

I: this set especially shines against ogerpons, one shotting them. Any uncommon amoogus also are afraid of this. The set lacks raw power and speed against BR attacker though.

D: specs can surprise a lot of players, beating the main special wall ( glowking) but struggles with all the offense.

kd458

E > A > D > G > K

#1, E: Really cool way to pivot with a mixed set, I might swap out U-turn for Spikes personally just to get em up on switches then pivot out with Leaf Storm but I like this a lot.
#2, A: This is kinda just a standard HDB Meow but with HP instead of Atk invest, I like the idea though I don't know if I'd like more bulk or better offensive presence on this mon.
#3, D: Great surprise factor and hits a lot for super effective or for massive damage and Trick is a cool option to disable switch-ins after they figure out the gimmick.
#4, G: Again, this is mainly just a standard scarf Meow but it drops Knock to run two of the coverage options that it wants, pretty cool idea.
#5, K: Ebelt Meow is cool when it gets such good coverage, just a shame that Protean means it's only getting STAB on one of the moves so you won't really wanna switch up moves to actually take advantage of the ebelt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)