Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Not sure where to post this but just a quick check: if you transfer a Weezing caught in RBY/GSC VC into SM/USUM and eventually transfer it into SWSH, does it still retain Levitate or it gets Stench (new HA) instead?

Main reason I'm asking is because Weezing doesn't have Stench in gen 7 and so the ability there remains as Levitate; however all mons transferred from VC are supposed to have their HA.
Iirc internally a pokemon with 1 ability actually just has it in all 3 slots. So a HA Weezing in gen 7 would have slot 3 which would turn into their new HA and any slot 2 levitate would become neutralizing gas yeah
We'll all I can say Is I transferred my VC Weezing to Shield and he still has Levitate so :mehowth:

I recall that in Gen 6; Kecleon, Duskull, Minun and Plusle were all given HAs that they did not have in Gen 5 -- however, you could still get those Pokémon from the Dream World. Due to them not having HAs in that gen, they simply were not set to have a Hidden Ability flag; and hence did not have their new Gen 6 HAs when transferred up.

I assume it's most likely the case here for VC Weezing (as well as other HA-less Pokémon like Gengar and Celebi). The HA slot seemingly is treated differently to the normal Ability 1/Ability 2 slots.

At least in the early days of Poke Transporter compatibility with VC Games, the migration algorithm was datamined to find that it said "For species with only one ability slot throughout their evolution line, set them to ability 1, not ability H." Whether they ever changed that behavior for Koffing and Weezing that were transferred up later, after they gained distinct 2/H ability slots, hasn't been tested as far as I can see. ORAS DexNav is certainly capable of finding Koffing with any of its three ability slots (even though they all point to the same thing there), and those can be transferred up to Home to align whatever the new ability in that slot is.

Have to redact my statement as well, a Koffing finally turned out to retain Levitate through HOME.
It is highly likely that the parent Koffing has the parent ability slot that would correspond to Neutralizing Gas in Gen8, so the 80-20 normal ability slot split had the first 20 (!) offsprings turned out with Neutralizing Gas. The twenty-first, however, kept levitate.

I recall that in Gen 6; Kecleon, Duskull, Minun and Plusle were all given HAs that they did not have in Gen 5 -- however, you could still get those Pokémon from the Dream World. Due to them not having HAs in that gen, they simply were not set to have a Hidden Ability flag; and hence did not have their new Gen 6 HAs when transferred up.

I assume it's most likely the case here for VC Weezing (as well as other HA-less Pokémon like Gengar and Celebi). The HA slot seemingly is treated differently to the normal Ability 1/Ability 2 slots.
Yep this was actually what I recall from older days of hacking into BW/2 save files. the mons that didnt have HA simply did not have a HA flag; thus I was curious if this behavior was also applicable for future generations.

In the case for Weezing, given that Koffing in Galar cannot evolve into Kantonian Weezing, is it possible to safely conclude that a Stench Weezing is currently illegal?

E: just saw Mystic's post; I guess we could have a stench weezing via oras dexnav? though that seems convoluted as fuck lol... :mehowth:

Last edited:
There's an... interesting oversight with Pokémon Home's countermeasures against clones going on, people are finding.

Let's say you desposit a Nincada into Pokémon Home -- I don't understand all the details, but Home will assign it a tracker. You take it back out of Home, and you evolve it into a Ninjask and Shedinja in SwSh. Because that is now multiple of the same tracker due to how that evolution works, one of those two will it seems be deleted once put back into Home. Or something weirder will happen...

Does the moveset of the transformed Pokemon get preserved? Like in this scenario, could this be done to get a Ninjask with Will-O-Wisp?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I'd quote the person that suggested it if I could find it, but I'm seconding the idea of making a facepalm reaction. The Wow, Haha, and Angry reactions don't come close to saying, "More proof that you could make a drinking game of whenever someone finds a problem with Pokemon Home..."

Just a reminder, this costs $16 a year to use or $3 if you just want a month so you can transfer your Pokemon, which I don't trust enough to...

EDIT: Thanks for finding your post, Pikachu315111.
The more and more I hear the more and more I think we need to make :facepalm: or something similar (maybe an Aipom facepalming with its tail) to the list of Like options.

Last edited:
Just a reminder, this costs $16 a year to use or $3 if you just want a month so you can transfer your Pokemon, which I don't trust enough to...
While I'm still very not happy about the pricetag, I wouldn't make this one of the things I hold against it as they have been putting out a LOT of maintenance to try and fix all the bugs going around. This is really stupid and honestly funny, but I imagine it'll be fixed sooner rather than later.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
While I'm still very not happy about the pricetag, I wouldn't make this one of the things I hold against it as they have been putting out a LOT of maintenance to try and fix all the bugs going around. This is really stupid and honestly funny, but I imagine it'll be fixed sooner rather than later.
I think it's pretty funny too, but it'd be way less funny to me if I was using it, and maintenance or not, it's shameful for a company this big to release something when it's this filled with bugs. Charging for this is, unfortunately, expected, but charging for something of this quality is like a cherry on top of all this crap.

it would be nice if they compensated for some of the more major bugs like a mobile game would

Like the thing with magearna is whatever. That seems more of a server side issue, no harm done that we can tell.
Hyper Training def feels like it should have, though at least that seemed to be a more complex bug since the actual pokemon's internals still said "was hypertrained". But still, that's kind of a big deal, at least give some complimentary gold bottle caps.

This is extremely niche (since it involves putting a Nincada in Home, taking it out, then evolving it and putting them back in) but it does result in the deletion of at least one Pokemon in question. Give out a shiny, flawless IV nincada or something as an apology

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'd quote the person that suggested it if I could find it, but I'm seconding the idea of making a facepalm reaction. The Wow, Haha, and Angry reactions don't come close to saying, "More proof that you could make a drinking game of whenever someone finds a problem with Pokemon Home..."

T'was I.

This is extremely niche (since it involves putting a Nincada in Home, taking it out, then evolving it and putting them back in) but it does result in the deletion of at least one Pokemon in question. Give out a shiny, flawless IV nincada or something as an apology
For just those affected by the glitches or everyone? Cause the reason I see them not doing that is because it would be those affected by the glitch that this should be the case for... but I don't think they keep track of that. I guess a way to prove you were affected by the glitch is to have both the original and cloned put into HOME, but then hackers could abuse the system to get themselves a Shiny. And if they give it to everyone then those who were affected may feel they still weren't compensated as everyone, including many you weren't affected, got a free Shiny.

I could see the way they could maybe fix this for those affected: deposit both the original and clone and the fix will turn one back into a Shedinja (maybe give it good IVs to make up for goof).

T'was I.

For just those affected by the glitches or everyone? Cause the reason I see them not doing that is because it would be those affected by the glitch that this should be the case for... but I don't think they keep track of that. I guess a way to prove you were affected by the glitch is to have both the original and cloned put into HOME, but then hackers could abuse the system to get themselves a Shiny. And if they give it to everyone then those who were affected may feel they still weren't compensated as everyone, including many you weren't affected, got a free Shiny.

I could see the way they could maybe fix this for those affected: deposit both the original and clone and the fix will turn one back into a Shedinja (maybe give it good IVs to make up for goof).
They should give it to everyone, but hypothetically there's no reason for them to not be able to track it. Theoretically every nincada that goes into Home is logged. Thus, every Nincada is affected.
Also not every got the clone; the issue was they would delete. The clone that happened in the tweet above doesn't always happen ,usually the Shedinja & Ninjask are both there and one just gets deleted outright.
And even if they just wanted to compensate those who lost the pokemon, their servers would need to track when a Pokemon was deleted from the box.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

pokemon day celebrations starting
Now you, too, can throw yourself into the horrors that is "trying to capture a legendary in a raid"
The Kanto starters will also be available.
To be fair his Birthday was earlier this month.

Happy belated birthday Mewtwo! Now you get the honor of being the first Legendary to be pummeled over and over again (I hope you like Love Balls EDIT: Apparently you can't catch it, well then just happy pummelings).

Sounds like the Mewtwo isn't catchable and is actually just a straight raid boss like in games like WoW with "great rewards".

Kanto starters also added as raid battles.
On one hand, I'm glad no one has to go through the trouble of trying to catch this jerk with the awful raid mechanics for capturing.
On the other hand I wonder how overtuned Mewtwo might be and how "great" the rewards are

On the other hand I wonder how overtuned Mewtwo might be and how "great" the rewards are
I can speak for its power, just fought one with a full online squad and lost badly. There is an extra textbox that says "you can't catch this Pokemon" before joining. The thing started with 6 barriers right off the bat. I got a Light Screen off with Ribombee, and it was helpful right before the turn 1 Max Hailstorm + Calm Mind + Psystrike + Blizzard all in a row. Does anything else get to use 4 moves in one go? It also has Focus Blast and Fire Blast + max moves. At least the AI in raids seems to be kind of random.

EDIT: Apparently it's level 100. NPCs will be impossible

I can speak for its power, just fought one with a full online squad and lost badly. There is an extra textbox that says "you can't catch this Pokemon" before joining. The thing started with 6 barriers right off the bat. I got a Light Screen off with Ribombee, and it was helpful right before the turn 1 Max Hailstorm + Calm Mind + Psystrike + Blizzard all in a row. Does anything else get to use 4 moves in one go? It also has Focus Blast and Fire Blast + max moves. At least the AI in raids seems to be kind of random.

EDIT: Apparently it's level 100. NPCs will be impossible
Well that sounds like pure hell

The rewards are....
Balm Mushroom, Big Nugget, Comet Shard, PP Up, Rare Candy, Psychic TR all at 100%
Ability Capsule, Pearl String, AnotherPP Up, anotehr Rare Candy at 50%
20 L Candies, 10 XL candies and 5 dynamax candies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)