Taicho's Art Thread!

Starting off with this, and I'll add a bunch more stuff later.

56k Warning. I draw on a 2000x2000 pixel canvas, so these images are huge.

So I was drawing this for a friend (her Mono Ghost Team), and I grew attached to it. I got to thinking 'Smogon, would you want something like this on a T-Shirt?'

So tell me Smogon, would you want something like this on your T-Shirt? Your team, your personal Trainer, on a T-Shirt, in Color or Black and White.

Why don't we get this started?

I'm taking requests, give me a team and a description of how you want your trainer to look =P.

Update:

Very rough, This is Sinister's team I believe.

'nother Update:

Sticking with sketches for now, just because my time is short, but I'll clean these up as I go.

Here you go Cold-RAIN

And vonFielder

NON-POKÉMON UPDATE'S (Oh noes!)

i would LOL that froslass is fucking boss and so is the gengar jdsfj
maybe if you cleaned it up a bit (well it is a sketch i assume?)

So I was drawing this for a friend (her Mono Ghost Team), and I grew attached to it. I got to thinking 'Smogon, would you want something like this on a T-Shirt?'

So tell me Smogon, would you want something like this on your T-Shirt?
Yeah, I would. As is, I'd rather have it on a desktop or something. It's too "sketchy" for fabric in B&W. If it were to stay B&W, you'd have to firm up the lines. But I've seen some of your "sketchy" stuff in color, and that's look fine on a Tee.

Your team, your personal Trainer, on a T-Shirt, in Color or Black and White.

Why don't we get this started?

I'm taking requests, give me a team and a description of how you want your trainer to look =P.
Everyone either seems to have missed this, or doesn't <3 a team, or have a trainer visualized.

If you're still accepting requests, I guess I'll make up something on the spot. Let's see... I guess the only theme is that none are OU.
Blazikens (FU, Infernape.)
Toxicroak
Octillary (With an eye-patch?)
Kitsunoh
Cacturne
Krilowatt?

Trainer: Young adult with a super confident grin. Wearing an Abe Lincoln costume. Uses one of those loose-hanging prop beards that hooks over your ears. Maybe he has a katana in his belt.

Let's see here, 6 of my favourite pokemon:

Dragonite
Swampert
Typhlosion
Empoleon/Blastoise
Sceptile
Tyranitar

And for the trainer I would like him to be a young teen (13-14 years) and cap on backwards with hair just coming out of the bottom of it ,as for clothes I want him to have ajacket like Lucas's from Platinum but have his collar up and his jacket zipped up. For pants I want him to have semi-baggy shorts, socks and trainers. Have his head tilted up with a grin (no happy eyes make them so he looks like he's about to beat the crap out of his opponent Have him in the center with his hands in his shorts pockets and the pokemon around him angry and ready for battle.

God, I'm such a nerd XD

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wow, two requests ahead of mine, better make mine special.

I'll make two requests actually, but choose which one you'd like to draw more. I'm not greedy.

This one is my main #Stark Challenge team, a mono fighting team.

One thing I want from my team are matching outfits. Each Pokemon should be wearing a black jacket, with a red vertical stripe on one side (right side). The jackets shouldn't be zipped up.

Machamp
Infarnape
Breloom
Gallade
Lucario
Heracross

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k463/vonFiedler/MagnumOpusCoverDoneLarge.jpg?t=1271941937

Gym Leader Richter should look pretty much the same as the character in red and black in this picture, but drop the weapons and trade the glasses for a black headband (with a long tail, like Ryu from Street Fighter). His eyes can be colored green. Poses are up to you, as long as they are awesome.

This one's pretty self explanatory, a team of all dogs.

Mightyena
Arcanine
Houndoom
Flareon
Entei
Absol (Calling it canine is suspect, but that's what it first looked like to me and it is similar to English Black Dog myths. Plus, it fits the Dark/Fire theme of the team).

I want them all on leashes with collars, with their trainer struggling to keep them all in check. The trainer can either fit the Dark/Fire motif, or it can just be a pretty girl. Your call.

Awesome artwork.

My request would be a team with Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon with a trainer wearing a straw hat.

Wow, that is totally awesome. If Umbreon was replaced with some other Ghost-type and the trainer removed (I'd feel weird wearing something that had something specific for a certain person), I'd totally buy a shirt with the finished product. Maybe you should set up an account with some website that makes shirts and put the finished requests there for us to buy?

Got some requests, and I'll be glad to work on them, just want to let you know I'm currently working 40 hour weeks so I'll only be drawing on my days off. I will get to all of them... Eventually =P

@MagicMaster87: The point was kind of that you could custom-order your own shirt with your own trainer/team.

Well, yeah, but you don't make any money that way. If you're working 40 hours a week, you probably don't need it that much anyways, but extra cash never hurt. :P
Yeah, it's mostly fun. Cost of the shirt + small labor charge. Otherwise I'm not looking to make cash, just to provide people with some cool wearable art that's tailored to them. I'm not even thinking about selling right now, though if people want the shirts after their designs are finished it's easy enough to set that up, I have both a Café Press store (unused =\) and a Paypal account (Probably used a bit too often...)

So yeah, if you want your design on a T-Shirt let me know and I'll pull some reasonable price out of my hat.

Wow, two requests ahead of mine, better make mine special.

I'll make two requests actually, but choose which one you'd like to draw more. I'm not greedy.

This one is my main #Stark Challenge team, a mono fighting team.

One thing I want from my team are matching outfits. Each Pokemon should be wearing a black jacket, with a red vertical stripe on one side (right side). The jackets shouldn't be zipped up.

Machamp
Infarnape
Breloom
Gallade
Lucario
Heracross

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k463/vonFiedler/MagnumOpusCoverDoneLarge.jpg?t=1271941937

Gym Leader Richter should look pretty much the same as the character in red and black in this picture, but drop the weapons and trade the glasses for a black headband (with a long tail, like Ryu from Street Fighter). His eyes can be colored green. Poses are up to you, as long as they are awesome.

This one's pretty self explanatory, a team of all dogs.

Mightyena
Arcanine
Houndoom
Flareon
Entei
Absol (Calling it canine is suspect, but that's what it first looked like to me and it is similar to English Black Dog myths. Plus, it fits the Dark/Fire theme of the team).

I want them all on leashes with collars, with their trainer struggling to keep them all in check. The trainer can either fit the Dark/Fire motif, or it can just be a pretty girl. Your call.
So probably going to do the first one, even thought the idea for the second is rad!

I'll admit I'm terrible with canine 'mon and it'll be enough of a struggle doing one or two. A full team... However you never know. I could very well start drawing when the mood strikes me and be able to draw both team flawlessly. Being an artist is a frustratingly mysterious and scary condition T_T

i have a question: could i possibly request something without ordering? because this idea is really cool, but i don't have the means to pay for it. :(

I have four teams...think you could do at least one of them? color dont matter, can be b/w

Blue: Venasaur, Fearow, Raichu, Snorlax, Gyarados, and Dragonite
Crystal: Meganium, Arbok, Noctowl, Steelix, Electrode, Poliwrath
Saphyre: Swampert, Flygon, Gardevior, Cacturne, Sableye, Aggron
Pearl: Drapion, Drifblim, Abomasnow, Palkia, Luxray, Steelix

actualy...I'm thinking maybe i should request my groudon gijinka and team...
RuubieColored
Flareon, Tropius, Steelix, Magcargo, Machamp, Groudon

lol aight, taicho. i've got two teams that i'd like you to draw, if you don't mind.

the first team is Tyranitar, Golduck, Quilava, Mew, Lucario, and a male Dodrio. the Trainer's face should look like Noctis from Final Fantasy XIII Versus, but for the hair, the bangs should be like Noctis but the rest(back of the head) should just be straight and the hair should be black. He should wear a thin, grey jacket(zipped up), shorts that go down to right below the knees, and sneakers. I'd like the image to be of the trainer riding on Dodrio, running to the left with the rest of the team running behind, with Mew right next to Dodrio and the trainer and with Tyranitar in last(cuz he's slow :P). this pic should look humorous and fun, and Mew must look cute. ^.~

the second team is Infernape, shiny Gallade, shiny Absol, Mewtwo, Pidgeot, and Garchomp. The trainer is the same, but his clothing should look more like armor, like Lance's appearance but without a cape and the crazy shoulder pads. I'd like the trainer and his team to just be looking upward at the viewer, with different poses. i would like the team and the trainer to look as if they just fought a tough battle, with dirt marks and scratches on them. and they should look serious. i guess Mewtwo should be closest to the trainer, and he should have a giant spoon in his hands.

the trainer should be around 17-18 years old.

sorry if my descriptions kinda suck, and thank you so much for doing this~ ^o^

edit(just for reference): in both pics, trainer needs to wear oval-lens glasses or goggles.

It's a good thing I don't draw on paper anymore, I might flood the house with crunched up drawings, and lord knows the paper cuts from the sheets I failed to ball up...

Anyways I don't want anyone to think they are lower on the list or anything but I do have a full-time job, so be patience I will get to you sometime before the end of summer... I think =P

I think I'm going to start out by drawing them all as B&W sketches and go from there so everyone at least has a picture.

I know this is probably going to be really hard (or at least for me because I can't draw dynamic objects in flight) but I was thinking of a mono flying type team. With Dragonite, Gyarados, Honchcrow, Togekiss, Altaria and Delibird (for Rapid Spin obviously).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)