VGC Tailwind Based Offensive Team For Rating

This is my first time trying to make a serious team. I want a tailwind-based hard-hitting fast team. IF you can tell me some adjustments it would help me alot.

Dragapult (M) @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Clear Body
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Protect
- Dragon Dance
Dragapult is used to be a fast physical attacker to move first and hit hard. Stab moves are his priority and to lead off with Volorano. Dragon dance is to up his attack and protect in case of trouble or set ups.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike (M) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Unseen Fist
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance
Urshifu is being used to come in after Tailwind and hit hard and knock out one or two pokemon. Surging strikes is to ko any fire or ground type in his path. Close combat is for huge damage.

Volcarona (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Tailwind
- Bug Buzz
Leading the battle Volcarona is not only being used as an offensive fighter but is also important for setting up tailwind. He could be switched out or stay in the fight depending on the situation.
Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Ground
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Knock Off
- High Horsepower
One of my fav pokemon Krookidile is a wildcard. Hard hitting dark moves and important to knock off items. Earthqauke fo hard damaging stab and dark moves boosted by black glasses.

Gyarados @ Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Water
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
A monster coming out to hit hard after tailwind is set up. Wide range of attacks for expert belt usage. Dragon dance for set up.
Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
Gengar role is to come out in case a fairy type is on the opponent's team and is likely to be used. Also being used to counter a dragon type. Also one of my fav pokemon. USed to be a fast offensive threat looking for a big burst of damage.

Any suggestions would be amazing.

Last edited:

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
why not go with support tailwind/rain dance tornadus-t instead of volc so it can set up tailwind AND support urshifu AND nullify sun

maybe ursaluna instead of Krook?

also may a bulky support besides tornadus(if you run it) that can redirect like Amongguss to help other mons set up mainly SHifu and maybe SD/BellyDrum ursaluna(if you run that also)

Last edited:
Urshifu has neutral nature. If keeping volc im pretty sure Fiery Dance is encouraged. But yeah best to run Tornadus like everybody else xd.

For urshifu, probably run 1. Mystic water to boost your surging strikes, and 2. Protect over brick break, because you already have a strong fighting-type move, so protect feels like it would get more use. Definitely would recommend using Tornadous, Talon, or any other priority tailwind setters to guarantee the tailwind. Overall a decent team, only lacking in the bulkiness perspective, it may be worth switching either Krookadile, Gyrados, or Gengar for something like Iron Hands, or Rillaboom to give the team a bulky pivot. Good first attempt of a team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)