Team Awesome Sauce (Plat OU)

The main purpose of this team is to really screw things up with its trickery. Imagine using Trick on half of your opponent's team and with the way people think that its an overly offensive metagame... 6-0ing other teams is not uncommon.

Star Struck (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 108 HP/200 Atk/200 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Trick
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

This lead will outrun Jolly Scarf Heracross and will dish out the pain to Scizor. If you are unsure what to expect when you first send it out use U-Turn.

The only thing that can screw it up guaranteed is Heatran, but that's why I have Wash Rotom, Blissey, and Suicune.

HP EVs give it 368 HP, which give pretty decent lefties recovery if you manage to Trick it.

Wash Out (Rotom-w) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/208 Spd/48 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

If you used U-Turn against Deoxys-S or Azelf switch to this and kill them. With decent resistances and immunities this possessed washing machine. Enough Speed EVs to outrun Timid Skymins with Rotom's Scarf.

People think Blissey is a safe switch into this, but alas its not as it gets tricked and pretty much made useless for the rest of the match.

This has trouble with faster Rotoms after the scarf is gone.

Breaking the North Wind (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Ice Beam
- Surf

CalmCune is always a good choice as far as defensive sweepers go. Typical Heatrans can't do over 60% with explosions.

I opt for a more defensive spread to deal with Zapdos and the Rotoms better. Not to mention Skymin often loses to this 1v1.

This thing is great for cleaning up too. Scarfing things often gives you a lot of time to set up and do whatever you want.

Duck You (Cresselia) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spd
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Trick
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Enough Speed EVs to outrun Skymin with the Scarf and again people think Blissey is a safe switch in for this, but it is not. I like a little extra security and certainty. Especially if they have something like Celebi and Blissey.

If you Trick a Scarf to something that can get hit by T-Wave don't be afraid to use it. Deals with Dragons nicely.

Loudmouth (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP/148 Spd/168 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roar

The Roarer set I've been using since the start of D/P. Still works and can help clean up too, 'nuff said.

Fat Egg Thing (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Obligatory last slot poké/wall/cleric/stuff that Toxics non-Scarf Rotoms, etc.

The tactics on this team seem really simple, but it takes key prediction to execute.

Platinum OU is not an offensive metagame I cannot stress that enough. If you neglect defense and security over offense you will lose to these kinds of teams.

id suggest hp electric on suicune, other then that it doesnt look too bad, nice job with this team

HP electric for ice beam, i just think it would have better coverage then ice beam, unless you have to specifically counter something. Vaporeon/ opposing suicunes are a huge reason for HP electric.

This team is by far the #1 team i have ever seen on the RMT section. This team can deal a heck of a lot of damage to many teams out there. i cant really tell you what your weakness is here because the trick says it all lol. nice job on this team

Thanks TechSword8!

HP electric for ice beam, i just think it would have better coverage then ice beam, unless you have to specifically counter something. Vaporeon/ opposing suicunes are a huge reason for HP electric.
Yeah, but Dragons rape Suicune without Ice Beam, I can just CM up in Vappy's face anyway.

yeh, but opposing suicunes with HP electric can do damage to you, and with a few CM's, HP electric can do decent damage on opposing dragons

yeh, but opposing suicunes with HP electric can do damage to you, and with a few CM's, HP electric can do decent damage on opposing dragons
If I send out one of my Trickers to Trick that Suicune... Blissey stalls it out easily. I wouldn't want to risk HP Electric with all of the things that get Outrage...

MythTrainer's right, HP Electric isnt good for much on the team as a whole. Ice Beam can hit all dragons, plus say... Skymin. Its needed more. Only advice I have to to put a bit more SpAtk Evs on Wash Rotom, Im all for bulky, but I think you need the power to take down stuff like Tyranitar with full HP EVs, right now you can only 3HKO it. Otherwise else, you're fine.

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
I fought you on the ladder a couple of times yesterday, and heck, this team is amazing.

The only thing I'd like to suggest is making Jirachi Jolly, really, without enough Speed to outrun a Adamant DDMence. None of your Scarved Pokémon really outrun Salamence after a DD, and Outrage is going to damage anything. Jolly Jirachi could obviously save you some trouble, not to mention most Salamences tries to EQ you after the DD.

SubDD Kindgra may also be an issue, as Trick don't hit through a Substitute. With a Dragon Dance under its belt it outrun everything but Jirachi, and may seriously damage your team. If it were to give you some trouble, I would suggest giving Zapdos some Defence.

I don't really want to change too much around on your team, though. You got an amazing synergy, and all I really can say is good job!

MythTrainer's right, HP Electric isnt good for much on the team as a whole. Ice Beam can hit all dragons, plus say... Skymin. Its needed more. Only advice I have to to put a bit more SpAtk Evs on Wash Rotom, Im all for bulky, but I think you need the power to take down stuff like Tyranitar with full HP EVs, right now you can only 3HKO it. Otherwise else, you're fine.
2HKOing Ttar isn't my goal with Rotom, I really like to be able to kill other Rotoms and not get OHKOed by Shadow Balls from Gar.

Sub Kingdra takes some prediction to get around, but usually it doesn't last too long. It really doesn't have too many safe switch-in opportunities on this team either.

Also Jirachi can outrun many mences.

I fought you on the ladder a couple of times yesterday, and heck, this team is amazing.

The only thing I'd like to suggest is making Jirachi Jolly, really, without enough Speed to outrun a Adamant DDMence. None of your Scarved Pokémon really outrun Salamence after a DD, and Outrage is going to damage anything. Jolly Jirachi could obviously save you some trouble, not to mention most Salamences tries to EQ you after the DD.

SubDD Kindgra may also be an issue, as Trick don't hit through a Substitute. With a Dragon Dance under its belt it outrun everything but Jirachi, and may seriously damage your team. If it were to give you some trouble, I would suggest giving Zapdos some Defence.

I don't really want to change too much around on your team, though. You got an amazing synergy, and all I really can say is good job!
Dragon Dance Pokemon ARE a threat to this team. Tyranitar can cause some problems to some extent, too. Other than that, I want this team on my meat for dinner. Good luck to you, MTI

Dragon Dance Pokemon ARE a threat to this team. Tyranitar can cause some problems to some extent, too. Other than that, I want this team on my meat for dinner. Good luck to you, MTI
Thanks, hmm yeah DDTar could be a problem... I haven't faced one in a long time though, people seem to be running CBTars more commonly than anything else.

Almost makes me want to use Heracross, but eh I love how fun this team is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)