Team LateGame Sweep

Okay so when i was building this team i was thinking of what would be a late game threat. Salamence came to mind but i didnt like the idea. I thought more and i came up with

Then i thought what would be a good partner for Gyarados either lategame or early game and i came up with

Then i thought about what would be a good partner to cover his weaknesses and i came up with heatran because of the common celetran synergy. I thought breloom has pretty much the same weaknesses as celebi.

So now i thought i needed a fast sweeper that can take care of popular threats such as salamence or gyarados that like to switch in and dragon dance so i came up with

Then i thought i needed another water type that i can constantly switch into and still deal a bunch of damage and destroy thunder pokemon for good. And i came up with

Finally i wanted a irritating lead. Azelf is what ive always used but talking with some smogons people i realized that many of the common OU leads nowdays can take out azelf.
The only leads that azelf counters is machamp and roserade. Because most of the time azelf cant even OHKO swampert in 1 hit with grassknot and resorts to explosion to kill it. Therefore i wanted something better i came up with

A glance at the team

Ok lets get started

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP/252 ATK/200 SPE
Nature: Adamant
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge

Well this is the standard Gyarados set but i mixed up the evs differently. First of all Adamant for max power in lategame. 52 Hp evs just for more bulkyness. 200 Speed because after 1 ddance i should be able to outspeed most lategame pokes. Sometimes people dont even get to this pokemon before getting wiped out ;D

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 ATK/252 SPE/4 HP
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb

Classic sub puncher. You wouldnt believe how many pokemon this thing can wipe out. If he does his job il wipe out 1-2 or more of the opponents pokemon depending on the counters. I switch in on something slower and i spore or sub depending on what it can do to me and if it would be better to get the sub or spore. Some counters would be things like salamence but i have counters to those so i will talk about it later.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SPATK/4 SPD/252 SPD
Nature: Timid
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Explosion
- Earth Power

Typical SubTran Set. Well this thing can come in on any of brelooms counters except maybe infernape. Set up sub and then proceed to dealing alot of damage haha. I originally had TormentTran here but im not sure if thats a good idea looking at my team and the support.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 HP/252 SPE/252 SPATK
Nature: Timid
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Tri-Attack
- Hidden Power Fighting

Well this thing does hit like a nuke. It can come in on Salamence and Gyarados and absolutely rape them. Its so amazing that it can take a unboosted dragon claw sometimes too. This is another poke that gets rid of gyarados's counters easily.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/252 DEF/ 4 ATK
Nature: Relaxed
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Stealth Rocks
- Earthquake

Although this looks like a lead Swampert it still works pretty good. He is my reliable SR setup since i need that on this team. Plus he can come in on many things such as infernape assuming it dosnt have grass knot. And OHKO with surf. I was thinking of putting Tentacruel here because it 100% counters infernape and other breloom threats but il keep it at swampert for now for stealth rocks.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 ATK/252 SPE/ 4 HP
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Trick

This thing is amazing. HaxMaster they call it. Anyway this pretty much serves as a second dragon + water counter. Plus trick to cripple walls and Iron Head to just Hax flinch alot of threats to death. The only thing thats irritating is that if im trying to iron head something and someone switches into a magnezone or anything but thats not too common on teams nowdays.

Well thats it guys Rate :D

Great team, but I think the RMT could use some changes

Okay so when i was building this team i was thinking of what would be a late game threat. Salamence came to mind but i didnt like the idea. I thought more and i came up with...
This could use a bit more detail, maybe why you didn't like salamence, or why you didn't pick other good lategame sweepers such as Lucario, Empoleon, Metagross, Infernape, or Jolteon.

Then i thought what would be a good partner for Gyarados either lategame or early game and i came up with
You never explained WHY Breloom could work well with Gyarados. You should probably say that Breloom covers Gyarados' weaknesses, and can deal with some of its counters such as Vaporeon.

Then i thought about what would be a good partner to cover his weaknesses and i came up with heatran because of the common celetran synergy. I thought breloom has pretty much the same weaknesses as celebi.
You're partially right about this, but celetran is different than breloom and heatran. Heatran only covers fire-type attacks from both breloom and celebi(and poison, but it's rather an uncommon attacking type). They do not have the same weaknesses, dont be fooled by one common typing.

So now i thought i needed a fast sweeper that can take care of popular threats such as salamence or gyarados that like to switch in and dragon dance so i came up with
Porygon-z can definitely take care of Gyarados with Discharge. But it has a better option in thunderbolt. The paralyze rate is nice, but i'm sure that not many things will outspeed it with a scarf. Also, revenge killing Salamence is kind of risky. Salamence has a 100 Base Speed. Porygon-z only has 90. If Salamence runs max speed, it will outspeed Porygon-Z and OKHO. Swampert can take care of it pretty well, instead, switch into Swampert instead of Porygon-Z. Porygon-Z is strong, but it has trouble fitting into the metagame. I suggest replacing it with a Choice Scarf Starmie. It could revenge kill a lot, including Gyarados(Thunderbolt), Salamence(Ice Beam, Heatran(Hydro Pump), and if you do run it, Scarfed Gengar(Psychic):

Starmie @ Choice Scarf Timid/Modest
EVs 252spA/4spD/252spe

Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Trick/Grass Knot/Psychic

Starmie also solves your Infernape problem, NP Infernape can really mess your team up(It carries Grass Knot)

Then i thought i needed another water type that i can constantly switch into and still deal a bunch of damage and destroy thunder pokemon for good. And i came up with
Swampert is definitely a great candidate for what you just described, but please use electric instead of thunder to make this a little less confusing.

Finally i wanted a irritating lead. Azelf is what ive always used but talking with some smogons people i realized that many of the common OU leads nowdays can take out azelf.
The only leads that azelf counters is machamp and roserade. Because most of the time azelf cant even OHKO swampert in 1 hit with grassknot and resorts to explosion to kill it. Therefore i wanted something better i came up with
Some of this is inaccurate. Azelf does not counter neither Machamp(Survives a max sp.A psychic from non LO/specs azelf, Payback, then Bullet Punch) or Roserade(Focus Sash the first hit, Sleep Powder, then Toxic Spikes). Also, you should explain: why you chose Jirachi as your lead, how does this lead help your team to the fullest, does this create a good synergy with its teammate(s)? Jirachi is an irritating lead, I think it's fair to say that, but why an irritating lead? Why not a suicide lead such as aerodactyl, azelf(you already explained), metagross, or infernape. Why not an anti-lead such as dragonite or machamp? Why not a sweeping lead such as yanmega, gengar, or zapdos?

The team descriptions are pretty good, but again more details. I know this a a lot to take in, but a good RMT needs a lot of details and information.

Like the above user pointed out, Porygon-Z is not the best option. You already have faster Jirachi to revenge kill Gyarados and possibly even Salamence, so Porygon-Z is not needed. What your team lacks is a Ghost-type, and while they certainly aren't necessary, boy do they help with taking Explosions. You don't want to lose a Pokemon everytime the foe has a lead Azelf do you? Rotom-A also acts as a direct counter to Gyarados and can also counter Scizor and possibly even Lucario without your main sweeper, Gyarados, having to come into Stealth Rock. While the set you use is up to you, RestTalk is the sturdiest:

Rotom-A @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold / EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
~ Thunderbolt / Will-O-Wisp / Rest / Sleep Talk

Rotom-A is a great counter to many physical attackers and can also block Rapid Spin. Its immunity to Earthquake will come in handy against Flygon especially. If you manage to burn Pokemon certain Pokemon, such as Jirachi, Flygon, etc. your opponent will have a difficult time revenge killing you. Rotom-A is also a decent counter to bulky water-types which counter Gyarados, although you are better off going to Breloom against CroCune. One more thing you can try out is Toxic or Will-O-Wisp on Heatran over Explosion. With Toxic, you can slowly drain Vaporeon of its health so that when it comes in to counter Gyarados it is sufficiently weakened. Will-O-Wisp is an underrated move on Heatran, but can burn Flygon, Gyarados, and Tyranitar all switching in. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)