Team Sun Offense

No, really. I couldn't think of a title.
Having said that, I decided a week ago to test out a sun team, considering that I have been using rain since, like, forever.

To make sun, you need either Ninetales or Groudon. For obvious reasons, I chose Groudon.

Of course, if one provides weather, one must have other members to abuse it (apart from Kyogre, who abuses it enough to justify itself being the only user). Thus, Kyurem-W, Blaziken and Ho-oh appeared out of the blue (sky, not rain).

I liked Extremekiller Arceus (although I wouldn't use him if others didn't, he's so, OVERUSED.

Then I realised my only entry hazard was SR (Groudon). I chose Ferrothorn because I liked its typing and stat distribution.

However, my team became weak to two things: Kyogre and Entry Hazards (especially SR). Ferrothorn just couldn't check Kyogre well enough. Forretress and Latias replaced Ferrothorn and Ho-oh. Latias' special defense owns Ho-oh with Soul Dew.

After a few more trials, I discovered how badly Latias was at walling Kyogre. I mean, it was actually quite good, but not as well done as expected. 3HKOed by ScarfOgre. How sad. I had to replace her with Palkia. (Yes, it takes around the same damage, but it's SCARFED.) Also, Kyurem-W, despite its godly attacking stats, just does not hit hard enough (it's scarfed) and doesn't get STAB with Fire-type moves. And Fusion Flare is too weak without the STAB. So I went with my original choice: Reshiram.

And this is my team:

@ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

Basically my Drought user. Nothing much to say here, though. I'm considering T-wave over SE to support my team further, but I don't really need it, considering that I already have Blaziken, Arceus and Scarfed Palkia.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Hi Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz

Please don't tell me to use Life Orb on this guy, he takes too much recoil already. I need the Leftovers to heal back all the recoil I take. Too bad. An Adamant nature since the only things I outspeed with Jolly at +1 is Mewtwo and Shaymin-S (which I speed-tie with anyway). I won't be staying in on either Mewtwo or Shaymin-S even if I outspeed, unless I had already set up at least one Swords Dance and it isn't raining.

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Yes, that's right, Surf and Thunder on a sun team. Let me remind you, Kyogre has been top in usage for at least 6 years straight. No problem? Good. Palkia is my main revenge killer. The end. Oh, and Fire Blast is boosted by sun, plus it roasts Ferrothorn outside of rain.

@ Life Orb
Ability: TurboBlaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Flame Charge
- Dragon Pulse
- Blue Flare
- Roost

My other sun abuser. I usually just spam Dragon Pulse and Blue Flare, but if and when I get the chance, I Flame Charge. At +2 Speed, I outspeed just about everything except Scarfed Shaymin-S and Darkrai. Roost heals LO recoil, or Flame Charge becomes irritating.

@ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

No, stop. I do not need my Arceus to be any bulkier. No, I do not want to reduce its Attack. Thank you. Apart from that, I just liked Arceus. As everybody does. (But not against themselves.) Oh, and Lum Berry allows me to take one WoW, most likely from Giratina, allowing me to deal about 40%. Heck, it might even miss (75% accuracy?! That's lower than Stone Edge!), allowing me to KO.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Volt Switch

Maxed out HP and SpD to take special hits better. I reduced its Atk because I'd rather be a bit (yes, a little bit) faster than deal more damage with Rapid Spin. And I carry Volt Switch. To be honest though, I'd prefer a better Rapid Spinner, except there are none. I mean, I'm not using rain (Tentacruel or Kabutops) or sand (Excadrill).

And that's my team! Please give any constructive comments, but please don't be offended if I explained why I do such a thing.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello lousy918, great team you got here, but it can be improved.

I know you going to hate this, but using a Life Orb > Leftovers on Blaziken works wonders, as you 2HKO Pokemon such as 4/0 Giratina-O after a SD in the sun, along with KOs on Lugia, Defensive Kyorge, Lugia, and Groundon. Yes, it will make it die faster, though the damage Blaziken will do will make SD Arceus sweeps much easier.

Other than that, there is one thing about your team that troubles me. With no Pokemon that resist/immune to Ground, plus no spinner to keep the hazards your Forry and Groundon will try so hard to get up. So, to prevent having hazards spun away every time you set them up, along with getting a reliable check to RP Groundon, SD Arceus, and a solid switch in to Terrakion, using Giratina-O > Reshiram does all of that, plus being a solid check to Mewtwo, Latios and Latias with Shadow Sneak. I know you're going to hate losing Resh, though its so slow, especially with the popularity of Scarf Kyurem-White and DD Quaza.(1 Flame Charge won't outpace them either).

So, in summary:

Pros:252 +2 Atk Life Orb Blaziken (+Atk) Flare Blitz vs 4 HP/0 Def Giratina-O (-Def) : 99.32% - 116.97%
93.75% chance to OHKO(OHKO after Stealth Rock)

252 +2 Atk Life Orb Blaziken (+Atk) Hi Jump Kick vs 252 HP/252 Def Kyogre (+Def) : 109.41% - 128.71%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 +2 Atk Life Orb Blaziken (+Atk) Flare Blitz vs 252 HP/252 Def Lugia (+Def) : 114.18% - 134.38%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 +2 Atk Life Orb Blaziken (+Atk) Flare Blitz vs 252 HP/252 Def Groudon (+Def) : 111.39% - 130.94%
Guaranteed OHKO

Cons: If those calcs didn't impress you, just keep Leftys and forget I ever suggested it ok, the Life Orb suggestion never happened. In all seriouness, I know Blaziken will die faster, but the Pokemon Blaziken weakens makes it easier for SD Arceus to sweep, as it'll damage Giratina and Groundon

Pros: Ground + Fight immune, spin blocker, SD Arceus check, check to Latis and Mewtwo with Shadow Sneak, adds a defensive backbone along side Forry and Groundon

Cons: Losing a sun abuser, though Resh is so slow in the current meta filled with faster Scarf dragons

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP / 60 Atk / 188 Def / 44 SAtk / 8 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Sneak

Good Luck with the team, hope that helped!

My suggestion is to change forretress for tentacruel. Tenta is a great special wall and your team doesnt seem to have a whole lot of bulk, he can toxic spike, spin, and also do a little more damage with scald having a chance to burn and ice beam hitting all the dragons running around in the tier, he also absorbs toxic spikes without spinning. Not sure if those are a problem for you, but I think tenta would be a better fit, along with rain dish, if your opponent has rain up hes even more deadly. Also if you have your sun up as desired, forry becomes even more susceptible to fire. hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)