Tournament The Anything Goes Open [Round 1]

Contacted. By the way, this is my magnum opus:

WhiteLion vs. AesopRockType - WhiteLion played in OMPL once upon a time and his opponent's username is such a muddled amalgamation of rap, ancient Greek, and Pokémon allusions that I cannot possibly imagine its creator being good at Anything Goes
ElRompeTeso vs. lost heros - I'm going to use this space to make a dumb joke: what cell service provider does lost heros use? AT&T, because it owns Cingular.
Pokeninja500 vs. CROW'S BANE - always take edgy usernames over ones that sound like something I would make ironically
TylerWithNumbers vs. GL Volkner - you can rest assured that regardless of the outcome, volt will write flint a heartfelt paragraph by the end of this tournament
The Excadrill vs. SidPokeMe - the excadrill will achieve the victory
Tohru and the Adachi vs. I am bu - I will choose the user whose name I vaguely recognize, which is a shame, because Tohru and the Adachi is my favorite username I have seen that sounds like a novelization of a mediocre anime
Escoffier vs. SlurpuffLoverKiwi - he requested a sprite from Ransei. Ransei has played Anything Goes. therefore, this user plays Anything Goes.
ace 434 vs. Poison Adhesive - om farm league power
Manan999 vs. Mark_K - yay for Mark_K, one of several users in the unofficial group known as M&MPwQS-C, or "mix and mega players with questionable self-confidence!"
double switches vs. aki0s - only if they play on a Wednesday though
insaneguy1083 vs. Trace - oh boy it's a good player™!
DoctorCalamari vs. KevinELF - it's the christmas season — what better time for an ELF to succeed?
Pigeons vs. wishes - pigeons is good, but then again, OMPL showed that predicting against wishes in virtually any context is a horrendous idea Subham vs. anders pedersen - I will always choose a vaguely Scandinavian username over what sounds like an unappetizing cut of meat
Hassin627 vs. Disciple_1 - time for the disciple to become the master
Bon_Bon_Kai! vs. parivard - insert stupid and played-out pakistan joke
lotiasite vs. Brancus - yay, 1v1 analysis writers!
DBW vs. Lucifer Demaro - this already happened which means I can save my dumb joke about dbw being overly sensitive about predictions for next round!
Paycard vs. GRNBLN - this should be a really good match. you probably expected a stupid remark about lance here, but I have decided not to feed him any more unnecessary attention. instead, here's another stupid pun: is Paycard credit or debit???
Chloe vs. Call of Winter - it's not winter in australia! checkmate, atheists.
Zeramarma_0 vs. Highlord - has there ever been a more heroic ladder hero?
Go0d vs. iLlama - calling yoruself go0d does not make it so. also I am triggered by pseudo-leetspeak now
MAMP vs. Moosical - more quality content for my favorite up-and-coming YouTuber
HQuaze vs. EternalSnowman - 'tis the season!
Ov3r Ac3 vs. Reffrey - unl3ss th3 oppon3nt has an ac3 up his sl33v3
coolsaksham vs. TheBurgerKing99 - ready player two
MikeTheEntei vs. Holy Break - in the battle of "probable roleplayer" vs "probable edgy user," I choose the roleplayer, always.
MikeGigas vs. MemTheDurgen - one MikePokemon after another
Chazm vs. highlighter - I think highlighter did well in the last anything goes open
Th3victinii vs. Vectinium - I am seriously losing faith in people's ability to create usernames.
cromagnet42 vs. ManectricOP! - drones are making the pizza man obsolete
Wally64 vs. Racool - I thought racool had "outgrown oms" or something but long live racool anyway
Amphareixon vs. Bluxio - Bluxio will get as many wins as the optimistic mimikyus
Arifeen vs. Melle2402 - I always tend to side with metagame-specific experience
Mr. Miner vs. Singiamtel - does he also craft?
FlamingMartians vs. Catniss Everdeen - is there really any way a martian could possibly be on fire? I am disappointed in this scientific inaccuracy
RIPMyLifeFIR vs. Chras - I spent so much time trying to figure out if the "FIR" stood for something or if it was just a breed of tree that I decided to pick this monotype guy instead
GaleWingsOP vs. jagonite - Level 57 Jagonite
BloodMan vs. SaDiSTiCNarwhal - judging from their usernames, these two have a lot in common, actually!
ssjjynx vs. KKirby - this is some tribephoenix- or someirish-like bh ladder person, right?
DurzaOffTopic vs. neomon - oh
Nathen vs. UmPM - no one spells nathan with an e lol
Willdbeast vs. Serene's Grace - it's an ANIMAL but it's also WILL but it's also the initial D but it's also a BEAST
FullMetalDragon276 vs. Dekyro - I am glad to see we are attracting new members to Smogon and OMs, but these people have a combined 4 posts so it's very hard to pick between them. gonna go with the guy who has a single like because I remember when I got my first like from keep it playful :')
gr8kyogref4n vs. wisdom dog - not sure I have ever seen an avatar as bad as wisdom dog's, and given what Kris usually has, that's saying something
LeLucky9 vs. marthaa - GP > AG
partys over vs. Loloartsi - as if anyone could possibly defeat party dollar sign over. give me a break
Anaconja vs. DoW - don't think you can hide your edgy username by making it into an acronym!! at least it's better than aCasualMemeLord though
VPokemon vs. Huston - we've reached the "mindlessly pick vaguely recognizable users" stage of my predictions — welcome, everyone!
Big words scare me vs. Wamr - me too, my anti-sesquipedalian friend. me too.
Sylveon. vs. Megazard - another good game, I suspect the more common AG player takes it. and seriously, is it really better to have a period in your name than an amusing misspelling? come on, geerat
Dark Shion vs. Ikey - lkey dlkey!
Mysterious M vs. Duckymomo Senior - I'll get the opportunity to see Ducky play AG, and I've already seen lance, so now I just want to see Jesus play to round out the top three. Would he use Marshadow? Would he dispute its unjust viability ranking? Would he provide a counterbalance to the devilish powers of AG stall? Would he play against Satanic Beast? Does this attempt at a joke reveal that I know nothing about AG except what I hear from Chloe, nor anything of substance about Christianity? More on that later.
Typhlocean vs. LordST - sometimes I wish I was a lord at using sample teams
21pichus vs. Silver_Lucario42 - wish we could turn back time to the good old days before this song was released and people used its band's name to make stupid jokes
Blitzburgh vs. My Thunder - I will go for strange pronouns over what appears to be a steelers fan
Xynix vs. dogknees - known AM writer dogknees in the upset over someone who I guess is ag roomauth
Betathunder vs. Funbot28 - I am already anticipating the death of FUNBOTOMGS2018 - not getting my hopes up this time :(
Gryphon827 vs. Lostallhopedreams - same
BionicLink vs. Satanic Beast - Cubchoo powers activate
Alpha Rabbit vs. London13 - Chris. He's like Kris, but British. and also different in pretty much every other way.
MamoJustWins vs. PureXrumor - it does beat mega rayquaza. that's gotta count for something
bdov vs. The Tux - seems like he plays AG. tuxedos have a high opportunity cost and are extremely situational. update: I was right.
Mq vs. lax - oh my god has there ever been a more clearly defined battle of good vs. evil
Quac vs. Calucha - would a servant address his opponent as "quac, sire"?
ScarfWynaut vs. TGC Disunited - watch out for physically defensive tapu lele!
ggggd vs. Kingofthesun - oh hey it's the stabmons guy!
Ayanokouji vs. SiTuM - Frenchness and considerable abbreviation cannot disguise the edginess of "If you talk to me you are dead"
RaJ.Shoot vs. sedertz - his opponent's name may make him look like some sort of esports player but esteemed toxapex user sedertz will win
Isotonex vs. Whitewash - isotonex
Level 51 vs. weskim_47 - always a consistent, sneakily good player in OM tours
Unintoxicating_H2O vs. lkapkd1 - I am glad to hear no one has been spiking the water supply
Uselesscrab vs. Gustavo556 - I am so unfathomably bad at this metagame. This is not modesty. I'm genuinely awful.
Mtdp76 vs. Cloud9 NxtLvl - another weird esports user shall fall!
Zesty43 vs. Catalystic - the real battle is to milk cata's victory for likes on a stupid expanding brain meme this time around
Keahi vs. formis - both of these players are Kea-nu to the smogon forums
-altercation- vs. eren - -altercation- with that punctuation and capitalization might be the worst username i've seen yet. plus, slurmz is good
Slick Willy vs. Laxpras - I learned my lesson from OMPL. Though one does wonder if Laxpras will do as well without the same all-encompassing hunger for revenge
Tiksi vs. Ads20000 - the legislative branch, the judicial branch, the executive branch, the tiksi branch.
Fuladono vs. S poi re - so mystified by this username that I immediately bolded it
byronthewellwell vs. mael - word up. everybody say. when you hear the call you've got to get it underway. you might say that mael is making a CAMEO appearance in this tournament hahahahah. I am dead.
dusk raimon vs. Stan Soojung - this matchup physically pains me. shall I pick a deeply manipulative user who preys on the 1v1 community by making tens of alts and pretending to be a new user each time. or shall I pick the farm league saboteur whom I probably made an enemy of through constant tagging. god, I have to pick stan soojung, don't I?
xSkyzSpiritz vs. Hamhamhamham - one wonders if Subham is this guy's servant or something
Dark swordman vs. Squawkerz - I think he plays the esteemed anything goes metagame
YoloMoboJobo vs. Santhosh88268 - YoloMoboJobo, that's the yottomottojotto
44444g vs. Jaidenjk - I picked Jaiden... jk!
SectoniaServant16 vs. Luthier - channel the immense culinary power of the kitchen klefkis
Alkione vs. Plas - You know he's committed because his entire recent posting history is related to tournaments
nurve vs. Quantum Tesseract - if anyone knows how to strike a nurve, it's quantum tesseract
Alore vs. OminousDraco - AlexAKSD. I could not think of anything else to say here
GrantMJC vs. JackedBomber - isn't an MJC some kind of weird French youth club?
alaserdolphin vs. King Billu - wow I've seen alaserdolphin so many times without realizing it was a laser dolphin. Capitalization helps!!
roman vs. Harpp - Harpp needs to change his username to "ticist" for this battle.
terrors vs. MiyoKa - AG may be an untier. A discount untier, even. But it is also a uniter. it brings us all together. I am slowly going insane.
zugubu royale vs. SANJAY - I am glad to see that he no longer has a period in his name.
Anish vs. Kris - finish your glass of ag open predictions

Well, that was a ridiculous waste of time. See you all next round, if I haven't developed carpal tunnel syndrome from removing the USER tags from everyone's names!

Last edited:
Contacted

because there's so many names there Im just putting this here so I dont have to search for it, but I play ssjynx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)