Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

Keep. And also, RNGing takes like 10 minutes sometimes vs 6 hours or even days of soft resetting in this game. Plus you already know what spread you're getting.
Thanks. Also is it just me or does the 3DS take slightly longer to physically 'soft-reset' compared to other consoles?

If I'm going to be SR'ing for a Rayquaza, what nature should I go for? The consensus seems to be Adamant or Jolly, but what about something like Naughty for a mixed attacker? I just really don't want to waste my one shot at a perfect Rayquaza.

Hmm I'm not sure If I should post it here as its not really Ubers material without the soul dew but I haven't been able to find another thread like this on the internet
Is this a decent Latios? 31 27-29 31 24-26 31 31 Timid nature... The attack and special attack worry me but... (Don't worry when ever I get to Groudon I'll edit that in here)

So my Groudon is Jolly natured with:

31/31/31/x/31/30

Imo, sounds awesome for a double dance set, and having that one speed point lower might be a good thing against Timid Max Speed Primal Kyogres since I get the weather initiative.

Adamant Rayquaza, Nest Ball
31/31/26/26/30/31

Best one I've gotten so far, most likely going to keep it. Special Attack is even high enough to viably use Overheat... what do you think? Defense isn't so low that it bugs me

If I'm going to be SR'ing for a Rayquaza, what nature should I go for? The consensus seems to be Adamant or Jolly, but what about something like Naughty for a mixed attacker? I just really don't want to waste my one shot at a perfect Rayquaza.
Excellent question, I don't really have an answer for this and since M_ray is now in the "anything goes tier" the question is are you going to M_evolve him?With my Mega_rayquaza I went with adamant but I'm really not sure if its the best pick.You should wait a little and watch the usage stats of the "anything goes tier".
Hmm I'm not sure If I should post it here as its not really Ubers material without the soul dew but I haven't been able to find another thread like this on the internet
Is this a decent Latios? 31 27-29 31 24-26 31 31 Timid nature... The attack and special attack worry me but... (Don't worry when ever I get to Groudon I'll edit that in here)
In ORAS you can find a soul dew.The Satk is indeed a bit low but I don't get why the atk IV would worry you since it only matters for foul play and confusion.[/quote]

In ORAS you can find a soul dew.The Satk is indeed a bit low but I don't get why the atk IV would worry you since it only matters for foul play and confusion.
[/quote]
Ah I had decided to go for another run after that which turned out great as I managed to get a 31 24-26 24-26 31 31 31 timid Latios this should be good enough to use in OU or Ubers (especially do to most Ubers being special rather than physical):) and yeah that attack had worried me due to foul play
Glad soul dew is available though getting the Eon ticket could be a bit of a challenge...

The OP said we should brag, so here I am.

Diancie
Naughty (I wanted Rash or Naive, but it'll do)
31/20-21/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)

Going to run a rock polish set on it to make up for the lost speed in not being naive, and after doing some calcs I saw a rash one with max S.Atk gets an OHKO on Excadrill with earth power (as a mega obviously), so I'll be using this in OU. Only took me ~10 resets :)

After hours of SR got this spread of Modest Kyogre:
31/8/31/31/18/30

Worth keeping it? I'm planning on running a CM bulky set like this so I am not sure I should care that much about the imperfect Speed and the mediorce S Def after CM boost (and seriously I am fed up with the cut scene).

Cipher Admin Lovrina Yeah, that's definitely good and worth keeping. I wouldn't switch or keep Lati@s in on anything that knows Foul Play. I doubt 1 SpA even changes any KOs, so it's effectively flawless.

VenBombadil that's a tougher call. The thing is, you're magnifying that weakness after several boosts. At +3/+3 you're missing out on over 30 SpD. I'd pass personally, but it's not terrible.

I was greedy and SR'ed again for the Adamant Rayquaza. Kept this one: 29/31/31/20/23-24/31.

Overall the physical bulk should be higher than the ones I tossed before, although the SpD is barely satisfactory. This makes me wonder what the difference is in terms of the percentage of damage one will take for each point in Def/SpD. Like, if my understanding is correct, for most legendaries, each 3-4IV in HP would count as 1% difference in health. I have a harder time quantifying Def/SpD though.

I hope I made the right decision by tossing the one with 27 in HP and 25 in SpD.

After a few days of SR'ing I got a near perfect Latios:

31/4/30/30/31/31 Timid

If the spd. and def. were switched it'd be HP fire...but whatever. Wasn't about to go through all that again. Been using in-game and once it's level 50 i may have cloned as a battle-ready mon. IDK, there are probably a bunch of 5x31iv latios already though.

Are they any flawless HP fire KB Latis yet?

Uh so my sync didn't go off, but I got a pretty good IV spread on a mild Kyogre, so I'm a little torn. Have this:
HP: 25 - 26
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 20 - 22
Speed: 31

Keep or toss? :/

Last edited:

I kept this even with the attack stat... the other stats are worth the high amount she'll take from foul play, right?
Latias Level 30
Bold Nature @Latiasite
31/31/31/30/31/31
Yes.
After hours of SR got this spread of Modest Kyogre:
31/8/31/31/18/30

Worth keeping it? I'm planning on running a CM bulky set like this so I am not sure I should care that much about the imperfect Speed and the mediorce S Def after CM boost (and seriously I am fed up with the cut scene).
It's not very good but (in my opinion) definitely passable.

Uh so my sync didn't go off, but I got a pretty good IV spread on a mild Kyogre, so I'm a little torn. Have this:
HP: 25 - 26
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 20 - 22
Speed: 31

Keep or toss? :/
Here are some calcs:
4 SpA Deoxys-A Psycho Boost vs. 216 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre: 169-199 (42.7 - 50.3%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

4 SpA Deoxys-A Psycho Boost vs. 216 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre: 172-204 (44.2 - 52.4%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO

You could use a little more SpD (and less Atk) but in all honesty I'd keep him :)

Last edited:
I've got a 5/15/31/31/31/21 Timid Latias, it gets outsped by fully invested base 106 or more and ties with fully invested 105s
Should I keep it or toss it?

Last edited:
I've got a 5/15/31/31/31/21 Timid Latias, it gets outsped by fully invested base 106 or more and ties with fully invested 105s
Should I keep it or toss it?
Toss, it's really horrible :( -if you aren't already I'd suggest you using a synchronizer-.

Thank you both Farpafraf and Alert to Sounds for your input - I ended up keeping it, mainly because of a meeeh that's good enough factor. For future reference (as it may seem counterintuitive) 31 HP / 18 S Def Primal Kyogre has approximately the same (if not better) special bulk than a 25 HP / 25 S Def one.

Calcs for the 31 HP /18 S Def one:
252 SpA Choice Specs Palkia Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 244-288 (71.3 - 84.2%)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dialga Thunder vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 302-356 (88.3 - 104%)
+1(Soul Dew) 252 SpA Latios Thunder vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 248-292 (72.5 - 85.3%)

Calcs for the 25 HP /25 S Def one:
252 SpA Choice Specs Palkia Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 238-282 (70.8 - 83.9%)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dialga Thunder vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 296-350 (88 - 104.1%)
+1(Soul Dew) 252 SpA Latios Thunder vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 244-288 (72.6 - 85.7%)

So if you would consider a 24-25/24-25 one when you are SRing, definitely go for a 31/18-19 one, as it keeps the same special bulk while having a better physical bulk because of the HP IVs being perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)